Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC enrolment rules relaxed.

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2007, 4:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

BAEC enrolment rules relaxed.

I see BAEC have relaxed the rules for enrolment,you do not need to have flown or booked a qualifying flight to join.
Has this been the rules for a while or just new?
Old May 26, 2007, 4:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Oh so it has. ^

Strange how this policy has ebbed and flowed over the last two decades. Enrollment can now be completed online and account becomes active triggered by posting of initial transaction.
Old May 26, 2007, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA
Or you can still have instant activation using the Starwood link in the sticky

http://www.ba.com/starwoodec
Old May 26, 2007, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I see BAEC have relaxed the rules for enrolment,you do not need to have flown or booked a qualifying flight to join.
Has this been the rules for a while or just new?
It's back to the policy of old... because even I'm a BAEC member. You know how much I love the EC program and the BA service, such that I almost never fly BA. Yet they keep offering me the BA Visa card with mileage bonus for application.

Perhaps I should churn it, re-apply once every five weeks and quickly accumulate enough mileage to redeem annually in international F without spending a dime on BA tickets! Now that would be an awesome plan! The BA YM would not be pleased.

RTS
Old May 27, 2007, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Applying for the Chase BA Visa card automatically enrolls you in the BAEC if you're not already a member.
Old May 27, 2007, 4:21 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Must be pretty new, as i tried to sign up mrs antichef about 2 weeks ago, and she didnt have any flights then. now been able to sign her up. booked her up for 3 flights today so she would have got in now anyway.

nice to get the seats sorted as a Silver for us both, even though we are in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.