FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   U-Turn on seating policy!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/694848-u-turn-seating-policy.html)

simonnewby May 19, 2007 7:41 am

U-Turn on seating policy!!

Just to let you know that I was in F on the BA ** yesterday. I was chatting to the CSD who quietly said that the so-called powers that be at BA are 'having a meeting' and 'an evaluation' of their new seating policy on Tuesday. She was quite convinced that there will be some 'enhancements' and 'changes' due to over whelming passenger disatisfaction.

Should we keep our fingers crossed??:confused:

Dr Dave May 19, 2007 7:47 am

Originally Posted by simonnewby (Post 7763383)
Should we keep our fingers crossed??:confused:

Yes, definitely. Potentially good news. Is there a sudden outbreak of rationality at BA?

However, can I just point out that if the powers that be monitor this site, from the info above they can identify the individual. If this is confidential info they could be in big trouble. Can I suggest that you change your post to protect the individual (it doesn't matter which flight you were on, so can I suggest you remove this info).

Dr Dave

ACfly May 19, 2007 7:56 am

I think this is a similar post to this one;
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=694833

The Saint May 19, 2007 8:49 am

Gosh, is BA actually listening?

If so, and if good things come in threes, please can we have this nonsense about 23kg max bag weight quietly dropped?

lots@LHR May 19, 2007 9:27 am

Crumbs. No more mid-J, reversal of seating policy. Whatever next? Ice on UK Dom?

flamboyant 1 May 19, 2007 9:50 am

Yeah, maybe accept luggage a little heavier than 23kg and also deliver it at the final destination!!! At least for those flying in paid F!
(I had to first pay for excess luggage and then pick my delayed luggage up myself a day later at the airport).

Am I asking for too much?

adrianjc32 May 19, 2007 10:43 am

There are constant meetings to review and update policy changes. Baggage, seating policies etc are all discussed at senior levels at regular intervalls. Never say never, but I don't think this is likely to be dramatically changed, just tweaked a bit.

Smirnoff May 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by adrianjc32 (Post 7763920)
I don't think this is likely to be dramatically changed, just tweaked a bit.

Good thing. The Seating Policy is f*king ace. I love it. Just open up 1AK in F for anyone on a PNR with a Gold, and chuck a few crap seats in CE/CW to non-status non-full fare passengers. And everyone will be deliriously happy.

sunrisegirl May 19, 2007 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Smirnoff (Post 7764908)
Just open up 1AK in F for anyone on a PNR with a Gold, and chuck a few crap seats in CE/CW to non-status non-full fare passengers. And everyone will be deliriously happy.

Pretty much agree with this. I have no problem with best seats for Golds, but give the non-status pax something pleeeeeease. A limited amount for pre-selection, then the rest for OLCI.

krug May 19, 2007 6:48 pm

I winged vociferously about this new policy in all of the three questionnaires I have been handed in the past three months; glad to see pester power has some effect.

Actually the new policy suits me personally very well, except when the seat shifters get to work, but I can see commercially it's a disaster and as a shareholder it must be tweaked to allow more preselection for non status premium pax ahead of OLCI.

Spounce May 19, 2007 6:56 pm

Is it really the case at present that once OLCI has been completed, a seat allocation cannot be changed at the airport?

harryhv May 19, 2007 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Spounce (Post 7765415)
Is it really the case at present that once OLCI has been completed, a seat allocation cannot be changed at the airport?

That is what was announced, if you don't like the seat on your BP don't bother asking to change it, no-one will listen.

And if you're new to BA and are thinking of flying in a premium cabin, don't bother coming, BA doesn't wnat you -they can't handle the existing pax' luggage never mind new ones.

And if you INSIST on buying premium tickets on BA, as a new customer the airline will discourage you from doing this again by ensuring you can't preassign seats, not unless you have paid the ludicrous full-rack-rate for the ticket.

Swanhunter May 19, 2007 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl (Post 7764929)
Pretty much agree with this. I have no problem with best seats for Golds, but give the non-status pax something pleeeeeease. A limited amount for pre-selection, then the rest for OLCI.

That one please - well almost. I am increasingly cheesed off with such a crappy selection of seats booking 2 weeks out. It is getting to be a struggle to get a window seat, let alone anything on the UD. :rolleyes: Once upon a time I could pretty much expect to get one of 62AK, 64AK or 14AK at OLCI, now there is no chance.

Interestingly, depsite this 'not being possible' according to policy, ground staff in HKG last night were very happy to move people around in Club after check in. For a group of people normally keen on following the rules, they must have been deluged with complaints to start offering that service.

phreegreens May 20, 2007 1:25 am

Just a thought.

It's been reported in other threads that BAEC have been handing out Silver retention to pax who didn't make the Silver renewal threshold. (Didn''t happen to me, 375'ish TP's and Gold or Silver with no break for as many years as I can remember and busted earlier this month.)

Maybe this was a targeted mail to ensure occasional long haul pax didn't jump to other carriers, because of the lack of seat selection.

From day 1 I haven't believed BA could sustain this policy, it looked like commercial suicide.

sunrisegirl May 20, 2007 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Spounce (Post 7765415)

Yes if you have issued your boarding pass. However, if you've not issued the BP we can make changes. However, sometimes the system shows BP as being issued even when it hasn't been and this means no changes :(