Wiki Posts
Search

How much is a GUF2 worth ?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2007, 7:51 am
jhm
Original Poster

How much is a GUF2 worth ?

Apologies if this has (no doubt) been asked before but I can't think of any obvious terms to search for which won't bring up hundreds of threads.

I just qualified for gold a fortnight ago and I'm in the happy position of having enough booked flights over the next six months to requalify.

My question is whether for further shorthaul trips which I book over the next twelve months, do I continue to pay for CE if the additional cost - even for I-class - is not insubstantial (particularly ex-LHR) ? The alternative would be ET but as a gold with lounge access, priority check-in and (if available) security, advance seat allocation, the gold mileage bonus and a short flight, it's not a problem.

The only incentive is the GUF2 at 2,500 tier points and I understand the advantage of going through a travel agent, e.g. AMEX. However, given that all my flights are for leisure and not work, is it worth it for the GUF2 ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.