Checkmytrip.com has been 'enhanced'

Old May 15, 2007, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
G-BOAC, jhm, The Saint and ali_b;thank you very much. ^ Gosh, I learn every day.

Originally Posted by ali_c
RESTRICTED just goes in if you try to do something on MMB and it does not work or you type in the wrong info

hope this helps

ali_c
Yes, I tried to select seats on MMB.
Old May 15, 2007, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
And now checkmytrip.com seems to be down
If you need it, the direct URL:

https://www.checkmytrip.com/ITN/Logi...TN&LANGUAGE=US

still works OK (old style), but www.checkmytrip.com doesn't. I needed it to find my BD ticket numbers for the Star Competition thing. You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone, as they say...!
Old May 15, 2007, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
If you need it, the direct URL:

https://www.checkmytrip.com/ITN/Logi...TN&LANGUAGE=US

still works OK (old style), but www.checkmytrip.com doesn't. I needed it to find my BD ticket numbers for the Star Competition thing. You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone, as they say...!
Any idea how to access a United itinerary, G-BOAC? Do they even use Amadeus? At any rate the PNR reference doesn't work on checkmytrip. I'd like the ticket number for the same reason as you, but I can't get into the booking on the United website (because DC and not MP is my FF scheme) and calling them in France means using a premium number. The competition really doesn't seem that simple after all...
Old May 15, 2007, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rangerss75
Any idea how to access a United itinerary, G-BOAC? Do they even use Amadeus? At any rate the PNR reference doesn't work on checkmytrip. I'd like the ticket number for the same reason as you, but I can't get into the booking on the United website (because DC and not MP is my FF scheme) and calling them in France means using a premium number. The competition really doesn't seem that simple after all...
United use Gallileo (www.viewtrip.com ) but usually block access to United booking references through the Viewtrip site. You basically have to keep calling them (I usually call them in the US, despite being based in Europe). The only other way to do this is to add a United frequent flyer number to the booking and then change this to BD when you check in.
Old May 15, 2007, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Originally Posted by House
United use Gallileo (www.viewtrip.com ) but usually block access to United booking references through the Viewtrip site. You basically have to keep calling them (I usually call them in the US, despite being based in Europe). The only other way to do this is to add a United frequent flyer number to the booking and then change this to BD when you check in.

Thanks very much. I don't have a United Frequent Flyer number (and am not going to join just to get one!). I usually call US numbers from France because my Phone/internet package gives me free international calls, but the US number is constantly engaged (you have to change 800 to 880 when calling from France or the call won't go through at all) which makes me think that it is United who disable the number (when phoning from overseas), in order to make you use its Premium number in France). If you have a United number which works, perhaps you would pm me? Many thanks indeed.

As you guessed, viewmytrip doesn't recognise the booking reference...
Old May 23, 2007, 8:55 pm

Checkmytrip is back to the new page now.
Old May 23, 2007, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by bacan
Checkmytrip is back to the new page now.
Does it still show you your contact information? I've loaded up a few of my PNRs and it's not there.
Old May 24, 2007, 12:39 am

Can't see fare code anywhere, though it does tell me I have a plane change between outbound and return on an upcoming flight, and 198 hours 35 minutes to wait!
Old May 24, 2007, 1:42 am

Programs: F
* no fare details

* no e-ticket receipt! Even though they claim it is a feature on the intro page.

Last edited by redshift27; May 24, 2007 at 1:55 am
Old May 24, 2007, 1:43 am

Pants
Old May 24, 2007, 2:55 am

Terrible enhancement!

More nonsense:
- On an upcoming RTW, all open segments have vanished!
- Both for United and Emirates First class it shows: "Baggage: 1 piece(s) per traveller "
- For unticketed and unpaid reservations it shows "Your flight payment has been processed. Changes to the reservation are limited to date and time changes only. "

Even the contact form doesn't work properly...
Old May 24, 2007, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Well this sucks! They've taken away all the good bits that were in the first rollout and left us with an unquestionably worse version which offers NOTHING new. Very poor
Old May 24, 2007, 3:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Well this sucks! They've taken away all the good bits that were in the first rollout and left us with an unquestionably worse version which offers NOTHING new. Very poor
Let's all send an email response about this 'enhancement' - just click on the FAQ link and all the way down at the end there is an email entry link. Unfortunately the implementation of the feedback system is slightly broken, so after submit you will lose your comment and end up in a new feedback email page Fill in that one and an email will be sent.
Old May 24, 2007, 4:07 am

^ Agree that we should all send e-mails. Sent mine.
Old May 24, 2007, 5:00 am

Programs: DL Skymiles - Platinum
Press Release

"Along with the current enhancements requested by all users of CheckMyTrip, Amadeus has decided to change the web address to more clearly reflect the changes. From today, please access the site by typing in: www.checkmytripforuselessinformation.com"

END RELEASE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.