FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA FIRST: we now get chauffeur-driven cars (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/690924-ba-first-we-now-get-chauffeur-driven-cars.html)

JeremyAO May 8, 2007 7:45 am

BA FIRST: we now get chauffeur-driven cars

Just got this email:

++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Mr [JAO],

We're delighted to be able to offer a private and very special invitation to our FIRST customers.

Each time you book and fly an eligible FIRST flight* with British Airways between now and 30 June 2007 we'll send you a chauffeur-driven car to take you safely from your home to Heathrow or Gatwick. And we'll provide the same exclusive service on your return to the UK. All you need to do is sit back, relax and enjoy your journey.

Simply book your FIRST flight through your travel agent and they will be able to book your chauffeur car for you. Alternatively you can call British Airways on 0870 850 9850. Just remember to request the chauffeur service when you book.

This exceptional offer is only available to our most valued FIRST
customers as a token of our appreciation. We hope you can take
advantage of it and look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Warm regards,

Sarah Keyes
Executive Club Manager

+++++++++++++++

Ts&Cs:

How do I make a booking?
You can request this service through your usual travel agent, alternatively you can call British Airways who can book the service for you on 0870 850 9 850.

We regret that this offer is not available for bookings made at ba.com.

Chauffeur Drive bookings can be made up to 24 hours in advance of travel.

How do I know if I am eligible to take up the offer?
The offer is available to customers flying in FIRST on a British Airways operated flight booked into F or A class. However please double check with British Airways or your travel agent at time of booking, as some fare restrictions apply*

The offer is available to and from London Heathrow and London Gatwick airports for bookings made and flown between 8 May and 30 June 2007. The offer is not available outside of the UK. The offer is available for one-ways and inbound only journeys.

*See Terms and Conditions

What is the latest time I can make a booking?
Chauffeur Drive bookings can be made up to 24 hours in advance of travel. Within 24 hours, the Chauffeur service is on request only and unfortunately we cannot guarantee the availability of a car.
What happens if I need to cancel or amend my chauffeur booking afterwards?
All you need to do is telephone your usual travel agent or contact the British Airways dedicated chauffeur team on free-phone 0800 077 8502 or if you are calling from outside of the UK, +44 208 572 3210*, and quote the reference number on your confirmation form.

Alternatively, you can email the team on [email protected].

Please note that changes can only be accepted up to 12 hours prior to travel. Changes thereafter on upon request basis only.

*normal charges apply

The offer is available within a 60 mile radius of Heathrow and Gatwick, what happens if I exceed this?
Your driver will be able to take you beyond this radius. An excess charge will apply of £1.75 per mile which is payable directly to the driver using a credit card.
How do I know what pick up time to request?
British Airways strongly recommends that you allow enough time to arrive at the airport no less than 1.5hrs to 2hrs ahead of your scheduled flight departure time.

Please note that it is the responsibility of the passenger to allow enough time at the airport to complete check-in and security procedures. Neither British Airways or the Chauffeur company are liable for any missed flights should the customer request a later pick up time than the recommended time above.

What if the car does not arrive at the agreed pick up time?
You can call the dedicated team at any time on the free phone number 0800 077 8502. They will be able to investigate for you.
Where will the car drop me off?
Outside the relevant terminal departures area.
How big are the Chauffeur cars?
Standard – 3 passengers plus up to 3 standard suitcases.

MPV (people carrier) – up to 5 passengers plus 5 standard cases. (These can accommodate up to 6 people with minimal luggage)

What if I need a larger vehicle?
This is on request – please allow 24 hours notice.
Can I take other passengers with me in the car?
Yes – provided you are all travelling to and from the same address.
Can child car seats be catered for?
We are unable to provide child car seats for small children, however please feel free to bring your own.
Where does I need to go to find the chauffeur car on my arrival back into the UK?
As soon as you exit the Customs Hall and come through into the arrivals area, look out for the driver who will be holding a British Airways board with your name on.
Emergency contact numbers (24 hours):
UK: 0800 077 8502 (free-phone)
Outside UK: +44 208 572 3210 (normal charges apply)

jameslon May 8, 2007 7:47 am

Some discussion here -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690875