Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

what's the BA arrivals lounge at heathrow like ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

What is offered at the BA arrivals lounge at heathrow. I am flying business and have a long wait until a friend arrives to meet me.

Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Oceanbound222
What is offered at the BA arrivals lounge at heathrow. I am flying business and have a long wait until a friend arrives to meet me.

Thanks
Depends on which terminal you are arriving at.

The T4 arrivals lounge is fairly good: showers, MB SPA, work area, smoking room, english breakfast up until around 12:00 and I think the lounge closes around 14:00 or 14:30.

Can't help you on the T1 arrivals lounge....
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:29 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Very nice. Although you can only use them if you are arriving on a long haul flight.

You can get a good breakfast & shower. Note that they are only open until around 2pm.

There's one in both T1 & T4.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:42 pm

If you are expecting Champagne you'll be disappointed...
Old Apr 19, 2007, 8:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
T4 arrivals also has a quiet room with sleeperette chairs where I have heard many a snore. It is located upstairs past the toilets.

There is a pad with time slots outside the massage room. You just put your name down on an available time slot.

Decent hot buffet breakfast with juice, tea and coffee; no alcohol.

If you are using the showers, ask the shower reception for various toiletteries like razors, shaving cream, etc.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Arrivals Lounge Offerings

Personally I prefer T1 as it is quieter and more likelihood of getting a shower and massage without delay as you are not battling with the hordes of people coming off Sydney and NYC flights.

Arrivals Lounges all offer:

- Showers
- Razor, shaving cream, moisturiser and toothbrush on request
- Suit Pressing Service
- Short Term Left Luggage
- Full English Breakfast
- Business Centre with Internet (BT WiFi for a fee)
- Molton Brown Spa for Massage (book immediately you enter)

They really are very nice, though if you have a very long wait you may find they close before your friend arrives; why not get a day room at one of the airport hotels?

Note access is restricted to longhaul inbound customers in FIRST and Club World, or Gold Card holders in any longhaul class.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 11:36 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
The arrivals lounges are great. It means you can have two breakfasts for a start.

You've also a much better chance of getting a spa treatment in arrivals than in departures. Whereas in departures you'll probably be told there are no slots left, in arrivals they have to carry pax kicking and screaming from the breakfast room to get them to have a treatment.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:13 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by krug
Personally I prefer T1 as it is quieter .
It was very quite on my Last flight arrival from HKG..so quite it was CLOSED due to Staff Shortages..understand it finally opened at 7am
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Personally I prefer T1 as it is quieter and more likelihood of getting a shower and massage without delay as you are not battling with the hordes of people coming off Sydney and NYC flights.

Arrivals Lounges all offer:

- Showers
- Razor, shaving cream, moisturiser and toothbrush on request
- Suit Pressing Service
- Short Term Left Luggage
- Full English Breakfast
- Business Centre with Internet (BT WiFi for a fee)
- Molton Brown Spa for Massage (book immediately you enter)

They really are very nice, though if you have a very long wait you may find they close before your friend arrives; why not get a day room at one of the airport hotels?

Note access is restricted to longhaul inbound customers in FIRST and Club World, or Gold Card holders in any longhaul class.
Ditto here on the T1 iteration being a bit nicer. There's a full Molton Spa there with real massages (at T4 you can only get a "chair" massage) and showers. The breakfast bit is about the same.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...and Club Europe passengers on the overnight/early morning flight from DME:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...public/en_ru#2

* Access to Arrivals Lounge available for Club Europe passengers flying on flight BA881 from Moscow to London only.
Old May 3, 2007, 5:27 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
OW Emeralds in T1 Arrivals?

Hi team - I usually arrive with the scrum of QF/BA flights into T4, and can access the T4 arrivals regardless of class of travel, as a Qantas Platinum.

Next time I'm coming via HKG - so arrival will be T1. Now the BA lounge people are very "efficient" - what are my chances of accessing T1 arrivals? I'll be flying in from HKG in WT+ - so my only hope is my Emerald "status", not the class of travel...
Old May 3, 2007, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by willyroo
Hi team - I usually arrive with the scrum of QF/BA flights into T4, and can access the T4 arrivals regardless of class of travel, as a Qantas Platinum.

Next time I'm coming via HKG - so arrival will be T1. Now the BA lounge people are very "efficient" - what are my chances of accessing T1 arrivals? I'll be flying in from HKG in WT+ - so my only hope is my Emerald "status", not the class of travel...
I have been the first person into the T4 arrivals lounge one morning and had such a nice experience. The thought of going straight into work after a long overnight flight is not pleasant, and the arrivals lounges take a lot of my stress away.

In answer to your question see post number 3 where it is explained.
Old May 3, 2007, 7:12 pm
jhm

Originally Posted by willyroo

Only if coming from Australia (which may or may not be interpreted loosely as via HKG):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667476
Old May 4, 2007, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HKG is a JSA route, so there is a good chance you will get in.

Astonishingly there are over 10 people in T1 Arrivals right now, the most I have ever seen here.
Old May 4, 2007, 4:12 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by jhm
Only if coming from Australia (which may or may not be interpreted loosely as via HKG):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667476
Exactly what I need.

I know T4 isn't a problem, but I doubt T1 arrivals sees a lot of the great unwashed QF WPs first thing in the morning.

Thanks all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.