Wiki Posts
Search

Ei @ Lhr

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Ei @ Lhr

With my EI trip fast approaching, just cofirming a few minor details before departure:

1) Checkin Area in T1? Is it in the BA domestic checkin counters? Or EI has its own Checkin areas (does it have a J Section)?

2) Lounge - 2 options are BA Domestic and EI. Which one is better
Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Marsh
Or EI has its own Checkin areas (does it have a J Section)?

Rolling about the floor laughing.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Rolling about the floor laughing.
Well on the homepage they did say some airports do have premium checkin service. Just because they are operating 1 class ex LHR, there are still those elite members of EI that requires SPECIAL attention?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
With my EI trip fast approaching, just cofirming a few minor details before departure:

1) Checkin Area in T1? Is it in the BA domestic checkin counters? Or EI has its own Checkin areas (does it have a J Section)?

2) Lounge - 2 options are BA Domestic and EI. Which one is better
EI have their own check-in area, just behind the BMI check-in area (look for the green signs). The BA Domestic lounge is better (it has windows!) but is a long walk to the EI gates. The EI lounge is close to the EI gates but has no windows and very little food on offer.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
1st of all I am raging that I didnt take this offer up to fo tomorrow my SO gave me grief when this came out about going (she was invited too) and now she is saying that the states would be great for a few days!

Anyway There is no preium checkin area in LHR for EI flights anymore so you have to check in with the others!

As regards the lounge I would use the DOM Terraces then close to the departure time head down to the EI lounge and await boarding which is announced in the lounge

Then Get to DUB use the Connecting PAX route from the baggage hall use the EI lounge then go to LAX and enjoy your flight BTW have two desserts there excellent as is most of the food onboard. The wine is not great and the shampoo is crap.

The inflight bags are SoMo by molton brown Still I think

Have a good Trip
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC SILVER, AEROPLAN back of the bus
Give yourself plenty of time - last time I had to check in at the EI desk it was a mob scene - two huge queues snaking towards the desk from two directions - impossible to tell which was the shortest queue - and many people did not know they were in the EI queue!!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HarryBA
1st of all I am raging that I didnt take this offer up to fo tomorrow my SO gave me grief when this came out about going (she was invited too) and now she is saying that the states would be great for a few days!

Anyway There is no preium checkin area in LHR for EI flights anymore so you have to check in with the others!

As regards the lounge I would use the DOM Terraces then close to the departure time head down to the EI lounge and await boarding which is announced in the lounge

Then Get to DUB use the Connecting PAX route from the baggage hall use the EI lounge then go to LAX and enjoy your flight BTW have two desserts there excellent as is most of the food onboard. The wine is not great and the shampoo is crap.

The inflight bags are SoMo by molton brown Still I think

Have a good Trip
Thanks. I might also need to change to an earlier flgiht as I am scare the LHR-DUB is delayed and then I will missed the DUB-LAX! I aim to get to LHR by around 6:30-7am and might be able to get on the 750am?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HarryBA
The Flight Connections route, following the blue line, is closed. Don't follow it, or you will come up against a brick (well, plasterboard) wall, and unceremeroniously sent back by the Garda.

You have to exit customs, turn left, go upstairs and re-clear security. A pain in the Irish bum.

As for the lounge don't get too excited. In fact don't get excited at all. There's nothing there at all. The food selection is plastic cheese and 70's style Club biscuits. And the flight monitors are broken so be careful you don't miss the flight.

Last edited by Smirnoff; Mar 15, 2007 at 12:53 pm
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I am thinking should I goto the EI ticket desk first to change to an earlier flight or head straight to checkin?

I presume priority tags for the checkin bags are out of questions as well in LHR?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Thanks. I might also need to change to an earlier flgiht as I am scare the LHR-DUB is delayed and then I will missed the DUB-LAX! I aim to get to LHR by around 6:30-7am and might be able to get on the 750am?
Although EI is a mess as stated by most above, the one thing that they havebeen able to do for me is get me onto earlier flights pretty much every time I've asked.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
You have to exit customs, turn left, go upstairs and re-clear security. A pain in the Irish bum.
Just make sure to use the Business Class Security Line which is to the right of the normal snaking regular queue. It looks like a door in the wall. Never had more than 10 people in front of me and you'll get thru in a couple of minutes. Connecting passengers in any class can also use this.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:15 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
In relation to the connection at DUB... You will be met at the aircraft door on arrival from LHR. An EI staff member will then bring you through fast track and up to the Gold Cirlce lounge. I have done this trip twice now using the £399 expedia fare, and both times i was met upon arrival in DUB.

I agree with the other poster about the deserts... Uuummmm Delicious!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:21 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
I am thinking should I goto the EI ticket desk first to change to an earlier flight or head straight to checkin?

I presume priority tags for the checkin bags are out of questions as well in LHR?
If you go to the ticket desk to try and swap onto an earlier flight they will likely check you in there. They have done so for me in the past.

No priority tags in LHR though. They may be added in DUB but i wouldnt count on it. They dont seem to make any difference upon arrival in LAX anyway.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The EI lounge in T1 probably qualifies as the worst lounge in the OW network !
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:33 pm

Just be aware though that the hand luggage police at LHR are very active.

Just a few days, flying in on AA connecting to EI at LHR, I was forced to go back and check my hand luggage.

You won't have aproblem on the EI flight to LAX, but if you have to check it at LHR, then you would be forced to pick up in DUB.

Just areal pain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.