Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge access: can I take in a guest not traveling BA?

Old Mar 12, 2007, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum

As a Gold card holder can I take a guest in to the lounge with me, that is not traveling BA? (I am)
In this specific case I am talking about FCO.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by clubman
As a Gold card holder can I take a guest in to the lounge with me, that is not traveling BA? (I am)
In this specific case I am talking about FCO.
No.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by flyclub
No.
Thanks flyclub.
Thought as much, but just wanted to be sure.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 1:31 pm
Suspended

It's an interesting point.

I recently tried to get a chum in travelling as a Gold on BA, Domestic, and he on bmi (same route as me, though).

Was refused, though wasn't expecting him to get in so it wasn't embarrassing.

Technically, I don't think you are even allowed to bring guests in not on the same flight as you, though I am sure this is not regularly enforced.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
However, it has happened in the past. But only through the assistance of a well-connected FTer on the Barra do
Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by krug
ITechnically, I don't think you are even allowed to bring guests in not on the same flight as you, though I am sure this is not regularly enforced.
I thought the requirement was that the guest has to travel on a oneworld flight, not necessarily the same as you are on.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by frankvb
I thought the requirement was that the guest has to travel on a oneworld flight, not necessarily the same as you are on.
Hi,

Once I tried bringing in a guest ( I was on BA LHR-EDI, he was on LHR-GLA) but the lounge staff said he had to be on the same flight as me.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Or we could go for something different again as per this page on ba.com

Please consult the table below to check your eligibility for lounge access. Lounge access is subject to capacity restrictions and guests must be travelling on the same carrier as the Executive Club member.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Moomba
I got a guest in when I was on the LGW-DFW and they were on the LGW-IAH (or maybe it was ATL, I forget the exact details) to the Terraces as a Silver no problem. Same carrier but I think perhaps more importantly leaving at roughly the same time - the lounge agents must surely (and rightly) be mindful of people trying to guest in others for long periods when they're leaving soon.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
I got a guest in when I was on the LGW-DFW and they were on the LGW-IAH (or maybe it was ATL, I forget the exact details) to the Terraces as a Silver no problem. Same carrier but I think perhaps more importantly leaving at roughly the same time - the lounge agents must surely (and rightly) be mindful of people trying to guest in others for long periods when they're leaving soon.
Yes, I suppose the whole premise of the www.baconnect.org.uk is built on being able to let in a guest who is not necessarily on the same flight as you.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, DL Silver, SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Moomba
Hi Moomba:
Let me ask the question another way (I did look at the link, but it didn't speak to my situation...):

I am traveling LHR to NBO with 3 RT paid business class tickets (Club world). We have 2 other people in our party who are paid Coach class.

Can the Club World party of 3 take the party of 2 into the lounge as our guests at any price (or even free)?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 3:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
My colleague took me into the BA lounge at CPT (or was it JNB?). He was BA Gold travelling on BA to LHR, I was OneWorld Nothing travelling on LH (or SA, can't remember) to FRA.

No questions asked, they even told me when my flight was boarding. We were the only ones in the lounge though - he was very early for his flight.

SmilingBoy.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
When I was Gold I got a guest who was traveling EY into the AMS lounge. The Dragon did point out that this was against the rules but let him in anyway (guess she was in a good mood). So it's worth a try, just don't demand or expect too much.

W.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:04 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by kflyer2
Hi Moomba:
Let me ask the question another way (I did look at the link, but it didn't speak to my situation...):

I am traveling LHR to NBO with 3 RT paid business class tickets (Club world). We have 2 other people in our party who are paid Coach class.

Can the Club World party of 3 take the party of 2 into the lounge as our guests at any price (or even free)?
I think the only way all 5 of you can get into the lounge is if two of the pax travelling business have a Gold or Silver card or OW equivalent (can take in one guest each), or if one of the Y pax has a card (can take in the other). Flying in business does not entitle you to take in a guest.

JS
Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:06 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
I took my daughter to NCL last week on Sleazy Jet from STN.

On the return we went to the Lounge and I asked the dragon nicely, and said I knew it was against the rules, and she let my daughter in.

She is eighteen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.