Wiki Posts
Search

world traveller different classes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
world traveller different classes

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out on ba website what class in world traveller you are flying. Some classes (cheap) only earn you 25% of actual miles. Trying to workout what class am I flying and if I need to call ba for this.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:18 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You'll need to call BA. The BA site doesn't give you the booking class.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:21 am

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to the board wtraveller

Looking up your fare code is something on our collective wishlist.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If the price you paid seems sensible, its probably 25%.

If the price you paid is more than the cost of a discounted WT+ or Club ticket, its probably 100%!
Old Feb 27, 2007, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, BD Silver, HH Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by wtraveller
Does anyone know if there is a way to find out on ba website what class in world traveller you are flying. Some classes (cheap) only earn you 25% of actual miles. Trying to workout what class am I flying and if I need to call ba for this.

Can you not look in MMB this has TP and Miles to be earned at the bottom of the page ?? Well it does for me..

Not sure whether this is booked under your AAdvantage or BAEC though ?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 7:06 am

A warm welcome to FT wtraveller

If a trip is already booked you can usually see on Manage My Booking on BA.COM what it earns. My business trips are booked trough our corporate travel agency so I can also look on www.viewtrip.com (using the travel agency intinerary record locator as opposed to the BA one) and see the booking code and usualy the fare basis too. I find this very useful as they never send me the fare basis or rules so I have ot work out for myself whether it is changeable etc...

If the trip is NOT yet booked and you are trying to work out what fare bucket it will go in when you select cheapest you could use www.seatcounter.com or the KVS tool to find out what the cheapest bucket still is on the proposed flight and work back from there...
Old Feb 27, 2007, 7:18 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
If you've got your Exec Club number it, it should tell you number of BA miles and TP's earned. If TP's >0, it's an eligible fare.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
thanks for all your help (and welcome) it seems i am definitly flying in the "hold" or cargo... as i am only earning 2820 miles on a return trip to South africa! and ofcourse no tier points... ridicules...
Old Feb 27, 2007, 8:30 am
Suspended

thanks for all your help (and welcome) it seems i am definitly flying in the "hold" or cargo... as i am only earning 2820 miles on a return trip to South africa! and ofcourse no tier points... ridicules...
Hmm. How much are you paying?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:49 am

Programs: BA-blue :( sad times
The most Frustrating thing about BA in my opinion.
It took me years to figure out why I was not getting any status - 25 returns a year, piddly miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.