FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Island Do Two - Islay 20-23rd July (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/657929-island-do-two-islay-20-23rd-july.html)

Pyeinthesky Feb 8, 2007 2:48 pm

Well I am in, will book up for the three days methinks. Nice one Queen Jenbel ^ ;)

Escocesa Feb 8, 2007 2:48 pm

I would loved to have gone to this DO but I'm afraid I can't as I am going to live in Barcelona at the end of May and will hopefully have a job at this point! It sounds a wonderful DO, and it's a real shame as I've hardly visited any of the islands in this beautiful country. I'm sure you'll all have a charming time :)

Prospero Feb 8, 2007 3:21 pm

I also have my flights booked: out on Friday's BA8925 and back on Saturday's BA8922.

Apologies in advance for not engaging fully in the island experience - I must keep Sunday free for the moment and may be able to amend this closer to the date.

AJLondon Feb 8, 2007 4:27 pm

Fabulous stuff :-: Jen:-: !

Have just booked flights: GLA-ILY-GLA/x-LHR on BA.

GLA-ILY on Sat morning
ILY-GLA/x-LHR on Sun evening

Haven't yet booked LHR-GLA for the Friday, as still not sure what time I'll be free!

Looks like it will be a fabulous Do! ^

BA97 Feb 8, 2007 4:31 pm

Tragically i'll be supervising my best friend's wedding over this weekend. Sounds like an awesome one at a great time of year. Enjoy, everyone!

jhm Feb 9, 2007 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Jenbel (Post 7183965)
Rates:
Per person for rooms:
1 night £55
2 nights £112
3 nights £165

[...]

However there is an interesting note on the hotel website about requiring a £50/person deposit – it’s unclear if this is for lodges only or for rooms as well.

Just to mention that there's a typo in the above room rates - 1 night is £59/person including breakfast (for a double room).

I've just booked a double room at the Machrie - they did require a £50 deposit (for the room - not per person) which they took from my Amex.

Jenbel Feb 9, 2007 4:16 am

oops, thanks for the heads up. I've corrected :)

Brian_1 Feb 9, 2007 11:40 am

Put me down as a possible. Just need to sort the dates with work etc.

Will there be a repeat of the locals doing a wee song and dance routine for us? Oh I do hope so!

B;)

Jenbel Feb 9, 2007 12:05 pm

I think we can hope... but not expect.

Now curb your disappointment everyone! :D

spotwelder Feb 9, 2007 12:52 pm

Do we also expect one of the locals to take out one of those 5 legged burberry coloured half lifejacket half musical instrument things. Kept on having to blow into the tube to keep it inflated. Funny, could not see a whistle and a light that comes on if you pee on it.

There may also be some wireless bluetooth additional keyboard feature for all those Mac laptop users available on the trip. The "whizz key" may be looked at and admired by many on the trip. Unlike a conventional computer mouse, this one must have fur, as apparently in summer we are likely to see it leave hair everywhere as it is in full "malt".

All we have to do now is work out which band is named after the runway. The first "Do" had "Wet, Wet, Wet" as its sponsor.

Jimmie76 Feb 9, 2007 2:01 pm

I'm going to try for this, but unlikely as I've not usually got many weekends available and I have already got some leave booked shortly after that weekend. This makes being unavailable at work before then less than ideal. Will know by Monday at the earliest.....

Jenbel Feb 9, 2007 2:45 pm

Well my fingers are crossed for all those on the trying and maybe list... those listed on here and who have contacted me off board as well :)

Jenbel Feb 9, 2007 3:51 pm

updated flights and attendence list.. if I've missed you off, let me know :)

Escocesa Feb 9, 2007 4:00 pm

Jenbel, I hope you show the others a good gelly..........!!!!!

Globaliser Feb 9, 2007 6:28 pm

Noticed this:-

GLA-ILY-GLA: £59.00 fare + £27.00 taxes = £86.00

LGW-GLA-LHR: £30.00 fare + £54.40 taxes = £84.40

LGW-GLA-ILY-GLA-LHR: £89.00 fare + £53.30 taxes = £142.30

:D