BA back to Newquay

Old Jan 31, 07, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The cheap fares are all loaded now.

£9 o/w + tax on any flight you want. £69.10 return incl taxes.

I've booked my first trip for March. And, not surprisingly any choice of seat I want. 1D will do nicely.

Last edited by Smirnoff; Jan 31, 07 at 3:48 pm
Old Jan 31, 07, 3:45 pm

Programs: Mucci! And BA Silver previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 5, Bronze 2
70 all in for many dates in August too!
Old Feb 1, 07, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Out of interest, what do you get served on a lunchtime domestic flight, with a 1200 departure from LGW and a 1420 departure on the return? Nothing at all, some inedible crappy snack, or a sandwich?
Old Feb 1, 07, 5:04 am
jhm

You're hoping it will be a hot lunch ?
Old Feb 1, 07, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
food on the Newquay-Gatwick service would certainly bring back memories!
hot breakfast on a dash 8 early morning service from cornwall to London!!!!!!
Old Feb 1, 07, 5:53 am

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, SPG Plat100, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy View Post
...Seafood Restaurant in Padstowe.
Shame on you. Rick will now be cooking your squid rings for an extra 5 mins. That'll give you something to chew on whilst you try to remember how Padstow is spelt. Damn English!

Couple of good festivals down there too. Just in time for Flora Day (8th May), which I've danced several times. There's also Trevithick Day... although maybe not suitable for a do...
Old Feb 1, 07, 6:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Most interesting! The distance from LGW to NQY is 216 miles in a straight line which is more than LGW to CDG used to be!

So I would imagine there would be time for some service. A direct routing would take the flight along the South coast so I would imagine it will take a more inland routing, perhaps towards Bristol.

Interesting! Especially what with the FIRST lounge a possibility before the flight. Sounds like a nice weekend break to me....
Old Feb 1, 07, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyclub View Post
Most interesting! The distance from LGW to NQY is 216 miles in a straight line which is more than LGW to CDG used to be!

So I would imagine there would be time for some service. A direct routing would take the flight along the South coast so I would imagine it will take a more inland routing, perhaps towards Bristol.
WOW fly the same route, which usually take you along the south coast as far as the Tamar (the border) and then inland, at which point you get amazing views of the 2 coasts - the Channel to the left and the Atlantic to the right.

A pity the flight doesn't continue to LEQ - that would be a nice flight.
Old Feb 1, 07, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flyclub View Post
So has Paris moved further South, or did Gatwick suddenly swap places with Luton
Old Feb 1, 07, 6:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
So has Paris moved further South, or did Gatwick suddenly swap places with Luton
I was referring to the distance between LGW and CDG when BA used to fly to CDG from LGW! Around 178 miles between the two I believe. In Club they would manage to serve a nice Chicken Ceasar Salad as well. Just simply illustrating the point of it being a short flight, shorter than NQY, yet with full catering.
Old Feb 1, 07, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
So has Paris moved further South
Yeah, she can be really dirty at times.
Old Feb 1, 07, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
going back some years when BA operated the now wow routes Newquay/Plymouth-Gatwick and prior to the all day deli we normally had a hot offering depending on time of day and that was a dash-8. Mind you, the prices then were somewhat different to what you can pick up the flight for today!
Old Feb 1, 07, 8:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by cornishsimon View Post
we normally had a hot offering
Lucky you...
Old Feb 1, 07, 8:43 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Catering should be similar to LGW-MAN?? i.e bird food at the weekend, possible roll during the week?
Old Feb 2, 07, 4:50 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Air southwest are NOT happy with this move by B.A. apparently, and have pulled the plug on the handling contract with B.A...... ASW will operate from The SOUTH terminal @LGW, from March....The contract was estimated to have been worth..... 400k!!! OUCH!!!! Thats a LOT of 9 fares!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: