BA back to Newquay

Old Jan 29, 07, 4:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
well..... ask anyone from Cornwall and they will tell you that this is a brilliant thing for Cornwall.

seems like Airsouthwest are dropping one of the 5 daily flights per day at around the same time as the new BA flight, but that means that were loosing 50 seats and gaining 147 or so. Brilliant news for the economy of Cornwall and not to mention Newquay airport's future as well.

as one who was annoyed by BA's pull out of Newquay 3 years ago i am very pleased to see them back, good on you BA, here's hoping for a few more flights/routes in the future, after all Newquay airport is one of the fastest growing airports in the Country!!!
Old Jan 30, 07, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Me too. Inaugural flight may be?
That would have been fun..but I shall be basking in the warmth of the Mexican sun on the 20th March.

A NQY do does sound like a fun idea.
Old Jan 30, 07, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Something screwy is going on with the fares.

It was 9+tax first thing this morning, for the end of March.

Now all the flights have shot up to 59+tax one way, or 168 return.
Old Jan 30, 07, 3:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Dont Forget me for a NQY Do....except/Airlines to NQY

I live a long way away from NQY. Went to school in Falmouth for a while and family still live there so occasionally travel back.

So any do please count me even if only spiritually.

And to recall have flown London Newquay on 4 airlines.

Brymon, whom I miss for the boiled sweets.
BA, for whom I miss because I always seemed to take the bus to LHR instead (when they flew to there).
Ryanair, whom I dont miss at all.
Air South West, with old fashioned service.
Old Jan 30, 07, 3:40 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCRC, TK*G, FB G, HHH D, SPG P.
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Something screwy is going on with the fares.

It was 9+tax first thing this morning, for the end of March.

Now all the flights have shot up to 59+tax one way, or 168 return.
Perhaps they heard about the possibility of an FT DO?! Revenue management...
Old Jan 30, 07, 5:55 am

Programs: Mucci! And BA Silver previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 5, Bronze 2
I have tried about five different dates and the price is always 169.10. So when are these cheap fares then?
Old Jan 30, 07, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA or bust View Post
I have tried about five different dates and the price is always 169.10. So when are these cheap fares then?
They were there last night and this morning, on every flight at 9 plus tax.

The 169 seems to use M class, as expedia.com gives the same fare with an M fare basis.

Looks like someone has pulled all the fare classes below M after getting to work this morning.

The flights don't yet show on EF, so can't check there. And AA.com doesn't recognise NQY.
Old Jan 30, 07, 6:44 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
I have just looked into the possibilitiy of taking Ryan (a client) down for lunch at the Seafood Restaurant in Padstowe. The BA flight arrives too late and leaves practically immediately. Why can't they have one earlier in the morning and one to come back late afternoon?

And it was only showing as one class, Y

Oh well GLA and Loch Lomond seaplanes it will have to be. Maybe the seaplane will break down and maybe we'll have tos tay overnight
Old Jan 30, 07, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy View Post
I have just looked into the possibilitiy of taking Ryan (a client) down for lunch at the Seafood Restaurant in Padstowe. The BA flight arrives too late and leaves practically immediately. Why can't they have one earlier in the morning and one to come back late afternoon?

And it was only showing as one class, Y

Oh well GLA and Loch Lomond seaplanes it will have to be. Maybe the seaplane will break down and maybe we'll have tos tay overnight
Looks like you'll have to take him out to dinner instead. And sleep over.

Seriously though, take the WOW flight down at 0915, gets you in at 1100. Perfect for lunch. Back on the 1815.
Old Jan 30, 07, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
That would have been fun..but I shall be basking in the warmth of the Mexican sun on the 20th March.

A NQY do does sound like a fun idea.
Then you'll be sharing it with Mrs Philco who can never get enough MFU's to satiate her desire to maintain her (fading) suntan. Anywhere nice?

NB VC10 Boy, if you are heading for Stein's seafood restaurant in Padstow (after gobbling chocs and pasties in his patisserie, fish and chips in his chippery etc - he seems to own the whole town) don't forget to wear your sunglasses as the lighting is incredibly bright as are Mr Kelly's Mexican paintings on the walls!
Old Jan 30, 07, 7:00 am
jhm

For a client lunch and the short distance involved, you could also consider chartering a plane for the day.

(OTOH, an employee of one of my firm's clients did so a number of years ago to go to the same restaurant but ended up with a fatal crash!)
Old Jan 30, 07, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
The full fare Y is not that far off what it was three years ago so not too bad I think.

Great news to have the service back.

Regards,

Kernow
Old Jan 30, 07, 8:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy View Post
I have just looked into the possibilitiy of taking Ryan (a client) down for lunch at the Seafood Restaurant in Padstowe.
Ah, yes. Proper Cornish, that - flying in for lunch at Padstein

Good to have BA back in Cornwall, although I have no idea why there is such affection for an airline that abandoned the it in the first place.

Now, how long will it take them at County Hall to work out that most airports include development fees in their PSCs (ie in the actual ticket) rather than forcing everyone to queue up to pay in cash at a glorified parking meter @:-)

Flying_fozzy you've forgotten Perran Springs. Pure class...
Old Jan 31, 07, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The flights are now showing in EF, but all the cheaper booking classes are still zeroed out.

Any random date I put in, shows:
J9 C7 D7 I0 Y0 B7 H7 K7 M7 R0 M0 V0 N0 l0 S0 Q0 E0
Old Jan 31, 07, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philco View Post
Then you'll be sharing it with Mrs Philco who can never get enough MFU's to satiate her desire to maintain her (fading) suntan. Anywhere nice?
A place called Mezzanine near Tulum. 4 rooms, a good bar and snorkelling off the beach. The only is a 1h40 connection at DFW onto AA...and then punting on an upgrade using my AA plat stickers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: