MUCCI Roll Call

Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:20 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Am I still the only person to refuse a Mucci?
Probaby. I rarely ask - now I could have made a cattily ironic wisecrack - but you're a big soft chocolate BonBon and I wouldn't.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss

@PUCCI GALORE

do you have a grinch Mucci?
No Angel - never. Anyone can join in - daftness (if there exists such a word) is not exclusive.

Right - question for you all - why is it showing as @PUCCI GALORE - what does that mean. Sorry to be Lo-Tech.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
No Angel - never. Anyone can join in - daftness (if there exists such a word) is not exclusive.

Right - question for you all - why is it showing as @PUCCI GALORE - what does that mean. Sorry to be Lo-Tech.
Someone (itsmeitisss) mentioned you, @PUCCI GALORE, using the [ MENTION ] [ /MENTION ] tags rather than simply emboldening your name, PUCCI GALORE.

The former is a way of tagging you, which is meant to bring the post to your attention and link through to your profile; the latter is just a visual highlight with none of the 'perks' of the former.

Or, to put it another way: mentioning is to emboldening what F is to CW.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.

Last edited by newyorklondon; Jun 23, 2018 at 4:38 am
Old Jun 23, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by newyorklondon
I suppose that's what I'm getting at. It's not that this thread is a problem at all, it's rather how it looks in context. Why is it the exception? Why not have more similarly OT, tongue-in-cheek, fun threads amongst the myriad 'proper' ones?
Because we were told by the Mods to stay on topic and cut out the irrelevancies. Something to do with a high noise/signal ratio.
newyorklondon likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 5:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by HilFly
Because we were told by the Mods to stay on topic and cut out the irrelevancies. Something to do with a high noise/signal ratio.
And I think the forum is better for it to be honest. It's got the right balance now I feel. The odd bit of frivolity (like this), but not too much.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well I want a Pucci Fest, more Muccis and TFLGs, jump to it Madam.
serfty likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HilFly
i confess to having received a few Moderator PMs in that vein in the past

I try to be a good boy these days.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Now there’s a turn up!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
It's like old times. You sitting dishing orders and me skivvying away caring for our passengers. No wonder the crew called us Chicken and Beef!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I thought we known as Cock & Bull?
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Stuff and Nonsense.

Arise nouveau Mucci Pascoe Blue level
I am deeply honoured. Will do my best to uphold the traditions.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
And I think the forum is better for it to be honest. It's got the right balance now I feel. The odd bit of frivolity (like this), but not too much.
A refused Mucci, and not too much frivolity, just the odd bit! Remind me never to visit the Emirates forum seeking merriment.

In this instance I’ve got to take the opposite view to yours - this forum has become bland and boring. What I used to like about this forum was the irreverent British humour on display - if you wanted to be a part of it, fine; if you didn’t, nobody forced you to participate, and the option existed, as it still does, to block individual posters if you found their posts not to your liking. To the best of my knowledge no other forum exhibited the same mixture of useful information, discussion and humour as this forum used to.

Whether there has been a directive from the FT powers that be, or a deliberate shift in Mods policy, most attempts at light-hearted humour or banter these days on this forum gets strangled at birth.

Still, every cloud has a silver lining - as just updated by Moomba it would seem that my record haul of 14 Muccis isn’t going to be overhauled anytime soon; as far as I can make out HIDDY is a distant second with seven.
PrimaVista likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:14 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Still, every cloud has a silver lining - as just updated by Moomba it would seem that my record haul of 14 Muccis isn’t going to be overhauled anytime soon; as far as I can make out HIDDY is a distant second with seven.
I wouldn't rest on your laurels just yet - Moomba seems to be hot on your heels with 12.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:48 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Some posters may wish to reflect that the BA forum is, by a reasonable distance, the busiest on FT. Just because they no longer like it doesn't necessarily mean everyone else feels the same way @:-).

Like it or not, IB is a commercial concern that exists to make money. That means having content that brings people to the site. In turn, we all benefit from that by gaining from the advice given here.

It's no one thing that has caused the BA forum to sit at the top, but I'd suggest it's probably a mixture of general light-heartedness and serious, helpful content that's put it ahead. Most people, I think, will appreciate that the vast majority of members come here looking for help, not for a great laugh - that is the nature of sites like this these days - but there is still room for both in sensible proportion, and indeed you'll find no less a figure than the Community Director occasionally posting in both types of thread. It's why MUCCIs, and TFTG, will always be important parts of BAFT, but not by any means the *only* parts.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jun 25, 2018 at 8:50 am
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Lighthearted banter with a bunch of vaguely like minded oddballs for whom air travel is a glorious thing, backed up by some individuals who frankly

1) Are walking encyclopedia when it comes to questions related to travel by this particular medium
2) In some cases go stratospherically above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to sharing that information and wisdom.

I frankly feel that I take far more from FT than I give and appreciate all the help.
T8191 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.