Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MUCCI Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2007, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

Boddie - I have you lined up as well but am unsure how you might deal with the honour. If you say with a pint or even a litre of Boddingtons - I shall withdraw my offer and you will remain in Eurotraveller indefinitely!
Well perhaps I'd have a bottle of my favourite red wine aside, d’Arenberg's Original Shiraz Grenache.

Either that or a litre of Singapore Sling
Old Jan 28, 2007, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
As much of a fine northern delicacy it is G-BOAC, I don't eat chips I'm affraid to report!
Hang on second there, Boddies, lad. That post I linked to says:

I am not a FIRST person, nor do I want all the frills that go with it. Gammon, Egg n' Chips will do me just fine! I wouldn't know what to do with an Oyster
That's one inconsistency too far. I am beginning to think you're a sham. This being t'Internet 'n' all, I put it to you, that you are not a young northen lad with an occasional job in Internet Marketing...you are actually a 32 year old, female, posh Soft Southern Sloane Ranger who has never touched a drop of Boddies in her life and is in fact more at home supping Champagne in 1A writing up a dissertation on an experiment conducted on an Internet forum to "put a bit of stick about" by challenging preconceived notions of North/South divide. You have recently extended your study’s remit to include challenging preconceived notions of common sense and intelligence and have done so by recruiting flyrights to assist.

Suddenly, it all becomes clear. The real giveaway is that nobody could like that Boddingtons muck as much as you claim to
Old Jan 28, 2007, 5:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
G-BOAC - I'm glad you've 'outed' him/her. I've had my own doubts for a long time.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Moomba - I congratulate you on both your thread and your own elevation, and you accuse me of 'brown-nosing' my way to a further 3 awards. You're not BAGoldBoy using another 'handle' by any chance?
Phil the Flyer it was done for your benefit alone. It would be such a nasty sight to have your head explode all over your keyboard now wouldn't it?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Moomba
Phil the Flyer it was done for your benefit alone. It would be such a nasty sight to have your head explode all over your keyboard now wouldn't it?
It already has! By the way, given your evident organisational skills, will you be arranging the inaugural 'Muccis Only' social gathering?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
female, posh Soft Southern Sloane Ranger who has never touched a drop of Boddies in her life and is in fact more at home supping Champagne in 1A
I think I've just woken up.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
what, exactly, has just woken up?!
Old Jan 28, 2007, 9:44 am
Suspended

BahrainLad - I have a younger sister....................
Old Jan 28, 2007, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by krug
Why have you kept that quiet so long? Would she like to attend a future Do perhaps?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:08 am

Programs: BA
HELLO!!!!....
Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:16 am

Hang on second there, Boddies, lad. That post I linked to says:
Indeed, but that is a joke I have between a friend of mine from Kent. It's such a common meal that would feature in many a northern household. His idea of me being a typical common northerner equates to this in a restaurant.....

Waitress: "Are you ready to order sir?"

[Southern jumps in]

Southerner "He'll have Gammon, Egg n' Chips and a pint of Boddies please Love"

[To which he thinks so funny that it warrants a laughing fit]

That's one inconsistency too far. I am beginning to think you're a sham. This being t'Internet 'n' all, I put it to you, that you are not a young northen lad with an occasional job in Internet Marketing...you are actually a 32 year old, female, posh Soft Southern Sloane Ranger who has never touched a drop of Boddies in her life and is in fact more at home supping Champagne in 1A writing up a dissertation on an experiment conducted on an Internet forum to "put a bit of stick about" by challenging preconceived notions of North/South divide. You have recently extended your study’s remit to include challenging preconceived notions of common sense and intelligence and have done so by recruiting flyrights to assist.
I don't quite know how to take that G-BOAC; I don't know whether to be offended or not!?!

This occasional job in Internet Marketing isn't indeed occasional as you suggest. The work has been done; all I do is look at the figures on a monthly basis and forward the leads over to the agent in California by the last day of each month. So I don't actually do anything really.

I shall scan you my student card from MMU to verify my enrollment until August 2007 and shall make an appearance at any FT do in Manchester where Boddingtons is indeed served on tap.

As for flyrights, well he has caused a bit of a stir recently!

Suddenly, it all becomes clear. The real giveaway is that nobody could like that Boddingtons muck as much as you claim to
I'll sup Boddingtons till the cows come home. Although not today; I'm feelin a little rough from last night!

Last edited by Boddingtons; Jan 28, 2007 at 10:53 am
Old Jan 28, 2007, 10:28 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
LOL, krug, just how many different types of bait will you use to get close to BL!?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 1:27 pm

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
I'm going to come to Boddington's defence chaps.

You see I too have been trying to work it out. Personally I thought he registered at a rather dubious uni to qualify for a loan. He took those funds and flew down to Spain a lot, looking at the BA97 calendar. He only seemed to spend one night there or even flew back the same day. I wondered what he could have been carrying in his suitcase that he could have perhaps gone on to sell on a Manchester sink estate. I wonder how much profit this could have yielded him and whether or not this could possibly have funded his first class cricket tour?

I took an interest in Boddingtons as I visioned an enterprising cute young lad in a Fred Perry polo shirt and trackie bottoms, with a heavy solid silver chain round his neck, who needed educating. Why waste all these funds on Boddingtons (the drink) when he can clearly afford Krug (as opposed to krug! )

And so I offered him a ticket to a cricket match in Sydney and we got chatting via PM's, as boys do. Without wanting to give too much away I realised my assumptions were wrong about how he was financing his lifestyle. A uni loan in conjuntion with various BMI credit cards and tripple points offers has allowed Boddingtons to travel. Oh and he comes from one of the wealthiest, nicest and poshest areas one could live in the Greater Manchesterford area. I mean if I were to live up north, I would consider residing in this particular area.

Despite this he still hasn't got a clue when it comes to drink. So next time he comes south I would like to extend an invitation to join me in our hot tub for a champagne tasting. We're bound to find one he likes and I'm not trying to get him drunk
Old Jan 28, 2007, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
I took an interest in Boddingtons as I visioned an enterprising cute young lad in a Fred Perry polo shirt and trackie bottoms, with a heavy solid silver chain round his neck, who needed educating. Why waste all these funds on Boddingtons (the drink) when he can clearly afford Krug (as opposed to krug! )
What you visioned VC10 was something out of one of your fantasies

I'm affraid I don't meet your above description; although I do have a Fred Perry hoody somewhere in the wardrobe

Now this is Boddingtons student ID to put rest to the unfounded accusations put forward in this thread. It's a bad photo and I'm lookin a bit pastey. And in my defence for the miserable face, these enrollment sessions are early doors!

http://www.magix-photos.com/mediapoo...D6ACC96FC8.jpg

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Oh and he comes from one of the wealthiest, nicest and poshest areas one could live in the Greater Manchesterford area. I mean if I were to live up north, I would consider residing in this particular area.

Despite this he still hasn't got a clue when it comes to drink. So next time he comes south I would like to extend an invitation to join me in our hot tub for a champagne tasting. We're bound to find one he likes and I'm not trying to get him drunk

For once I meet your ever increasing standards

And I'm not stepping one foot in that hot tub if you're in your budgie smugglers

Last edited by Boddingtons; Jan 28, 2007 at 6:21 pm
Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:20 pm

Now this is Boddingtons student ID to put rest to the unfounded accusations put forward in this thread. It's a bad photo and I'm lookin a bit pastey. And in my defence for the miserable face, these enrollment sessions are early doors!

http://www.magix-photos.com/mediapoo...D6ACC96FC8.jpg
1. Where it say 'expires 31-08-07', is that you or the card?

2. Judging by the photo you enrolled in the wrong establishment; Strangeways might be more appropriate.

3. I think VC10 Boy will take one look at that photo and have you in his hot tub before you can say 'mine's a pint'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.