MUCCI Roll Call

Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Nicely put, Pascoe. I think even the most jaundiced/experienced denizen of this particular forum apprecaites the value it gives to the majority. I know our lives would have been very different without it.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
There's a delightfully subversive element to the Mucci awards in a forum where some clearly feel that flying a lot bestows prestige and status beyond BAEC.

Long may they be awarded!
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Some posters may wish to reflect that the BA forum is, by a reasonable distance, the busiest on FT. Just because they no longer like it doesn't necessarily mean everyone else feels the same way @:-).

Like it or not, IB is a commercial concern that exists to make money. That means having content that brings people to the site. In turn, we all benefit from that by gaining from the advice given here.

It's no one thing that has caused the BA forum to sit at the top, but I'd suggest it's probably a mixture of general light-heartedness and serious, helpful content that's put it ahead. Most people, I think, will appreciate that the vast majority of members come here looking for help, not for a great laugh - that is the nature of sites like this these days - but there is still room for both in sensible proportion, and indeed you'll find no less a figure than the Community Director occasionally posting in both types of thread. It's why MUCCIs, and TFTG, will always be important parts of BAFT, but not by any means the *only* parts.
The warnings I had about Flyer Talk, about how unfriendly it is etc. And I haven't found that to be the case, and I use the BA and VS pages a lot. I think the BA section is excellent with decent banter, although the stream of negativity from some gets on my nerves.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sealink
The warnings I had about Flyer Talk, about how unfriendly it is etc. And I haven't found that to be the case, and I use the BA and VS pages a lot. I think the BA section is excellent with decent banter, although the stream of negativity from some gets on my nerves.
...and to be even-handed, the rosy positivity from others can grate, too
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Yes as this isn't a place to share good stuff.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sealink
Yes as this isn't a place to share good stuff.
But there's the rub. BA's good stuff is so anodyne, such thin gruel. Posting that a flight in First was first class, or that today the refreshment trolley reached me in row 17 isn't going set FT on fire. Such postings are damming a full-service airline with the very faintest of praise.

The real good stuff, that staff are generally on top of their jobs, highly competent, is pretty much a constant - just not fuel for internet chatter. But photos of grubby interiors and tale of incompetence, low-grade IT, graceless customer service and achingly slow introduction of enhancements are stimulants of discussion.

So by all means share the sunny stuff: but don't be surprised if that quickly sinks out of sight while a photo of a gunge encrusted tray excites a frenzy of posts and similar pics.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
But there's the rub. BA's good stuff is so anodyne, such thin gruel. Posting that a flight in First was first class, or that today the refreshment trolley reached me in row 17 isn't going set FT on fire. Such postings are damming a full-service airline with the very faintest of praise.

The real good stuff, that staff are generally on top of their jobs, highly competent, is pretty much a constant - just not fuel for internet chatter. But photos of grubby interiors and tale of incompetence, low-grade IT, graceless customer service and achingly slow introduction of enhancements are stimulants of discussion.

So by all means share the sunny stuff: but don't be surprised if that quickly sinks out of sight while a photo of a gunge encrusted tray excites a frenzy of posts and similar pics.
The way I see it is that it is all information. Take your cleanliness example. Just from the accounts on FT, and our own personal experiences, there does at least appear to be a problem with cleanliness on BA. But recently there have been a handful of posts mentioning spotlessly clean planes, either from refitted aircraft or from a new deep-cleaning program that BA have initiated. So the bad news was welcome, but so was the good news, all giving us context and a hopefully clearer picture of where things really stand. So I would posit that all (relevant) information is welcome, even if it doesn't fit with what we personally think about the airline.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
... So the bad news was welcome, but so was the good news, all giving us context and a hopefully clearer picture of where things really stand. So I would posit that all (relevant) information is welcome, even if it doesn't fit with what we personally think about the airline.
Spot on!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.