Wiki Posts
Search

in praise of the customer services people

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: klm/AF gold,BA gold
Smile in praise of the customer services people

I just had to start a new thread on this even if mine may be the only posting. I didnt believe it. I called the 0800727800 number at noon and it went through the electronic talking and was answered by a human on the first ring afterwards. I explained that I was in wt+ to yyz on Saturday and I want to use that booking but that my return on 31st was surely cancelled and could I please have refund for that leg. The chap then instantly said I can get you in economy on the 18:10 to LHR, Air Canada flight 856, will that be OK. Over the moon I was!!
And he said that I should call after the fuss as I should get some kind of refund as I was being downgraded. (wonder if i can upgade on my aeroplan points)
No tier points though, i did ask.

They cannot do any better than that. In the circumstances well done BA
Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:52 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Hopefully others will have better than expected strike expeiences and post them as well.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Smile

Absolutely. I too just called the 0800 number and got answered almost immediately (albeit after the lengthy reading of the strike announcement... )

Anyhow, it was totally worth it. The previously locked out flights on the 3rd & 4th Feb are opening up and I just successfully changed our FIRST to HKG from 5 to 4 Feb. Domestic seems to be still locked out but they offered me EDI to LCY on BACON which is perfectly acceptable to me. They also told me that once I see the domestic opening up, just call them back and we'll get back on the EDI-LHR as before.

It was all handled very efficiently and courteously, with an apology for my inconvenience in having to make the change. I do think BA are handling this dispute as professionally as they can.

Thank you BA for getting me right back in Mrs HG's good books... That might qualify for an extra glass of something on the flight
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by cracklehillhogg
Isn't it standard BA policy that you get the tier points and BA Miles for your flight if it is cancelled?

12. EARNING MILEAGE

12.5. Where a Member is involuntarily re-routed by British Airways onto another carrier, and the original flight on which the Member was booked would have qualified for Mileage, the Member may still claim such Mileage online at ba.com. British Airways will endeavour to credit the Member's account with the appropriate Mileage however it may be necessary for details of the Member's itinerary, including the retained segment of the boarding pass and passenger receipts to be sent to the Member's local service centre in order to claim any Mileage credit.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Raffles
Isn't it standard BA policy that you get the tier points and BA Miles for your flight if it is cancelled?
Thank you...I'm glad someone else has posted it, I was beginning to feel like a lone voice over all these threads
Old Jan 25, 2007, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: klm/AF gold,BA gold
my education continues, thank you gentlemen
Old Jan 25, 2007, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
I was beginning to feel like a lone voice over all these threads
Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, G. With the awesome power of the cattle prod come the awesome responsibilities.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH Blue, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold,Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by cracklehillhogg
I just had to start a new thread on this even if mine may be the only posting. I didnt believe it. I called the 0800727800 number at noon and it went through the electronic talking and was answered by a human on the first ring afterwards. I explained that I was in wt+ to yyz on Saturday and I want to use that booking but that my return on 31st was surely cancelled and could I please have refund for that leg. The chap then instantly said I can get you in economy on the 18:10 to LHR, Air Canada flight 856, will that be OK. Over the moon I was!!
And he said that I should call after the fuss as I should get some kind of refund as I was being downgraded. (wonder if i can upgade on my aeroplan points)

They cannot do any better than that. In the circumstances well done BA

Is this an official policy (to rebook at BA's cost on another carrier?). It's not advertised anywhere as an option due to strike policy.

Are they hoping that most people will voluntarily move their flight to a non-strike day and thus save them having to foot the bill?
Old Jan 25, 2007, 9:57 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by swintonowl
Is this an official policy (to rebook at BA's cost on another carrier?). It's not advertised anywhere as an option due to strike policy.
In the commercial policy (version 6) it says invol re-routes to another carrier are not permitted ("unless specifically advised in this policy", but I can't find any other note...)
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Blue, Flying Blue
When I called this morning trying to rebook my points flight YYZ-LHR-LCA on the 1st (the YYZ-LHR leg was cancelled), they would only rebook on other OneWorld alliance routings and even then charge me the extra points.

My other options were to rebook the next day (which would have messed up my LCA-CAI flight on MS) or to get a refund. I took the refund and am now flying AC/LH YYZ-FRA-CAI on my own dime. I got a good price but I obviously would have preferred to fly for free.

For now at least, I'm keeping my return leg on BA - it's for the day before the third strike so hopefully, I'll be able to get home.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:03 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Smile Another thumbs up for customer services

Called them today to ask to switch my ZRH-LHR to (GB Airways operated) INN-LGW. After the very long recorded announcement, answered phone within 10 or 20 seconds or so, very helpful, no hassle. ^
Old Jan 25, 2007, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
agreed. my refund was handled, quickly, efficiently and in a friendly manner. with no attitude.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA SILVER thanks to flyertalk :)
glad we are doing a good job as we do have the power and agreement with about 35 other carriers to re-route you so make life a little easier ^
Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:51 pm
Bukhara

Originally Posted by ali_c
glad we are doing a good job as we do have the power and agreement with about 35 other carriers to re-route you so make life a little easier ^
Haven't been in today (or, rather, yesterday) so wasn't aware of this.

Thank God the cBA management have been able to put aside their paranoia about doing invol reroutes on to other carriers like most airlines are able to do as a matter of routine through their own contact centres.

Old Jan 26, 2007, 6:09 am

Programs: E35
The girl I spoke to last night to move my flights was very professional, despite being overwhelmed on her second day. Big thumbs up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.