Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I'm off ... how to give 100k BA Miles to Charity?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm off ... how to give 100k BA Miles to Charity?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 5:47 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Well it's her own fault for not having a BA Amex PP and benfitting from her bags going astray. I know it can be inconvenient but when you realise how much compensation you'll get on that card and you arrive in Gucci, a smile comes over your face.

And to think of it, if I were on my honeymoon in Mauritius I wouldn't be needing much in the way of clothes
Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Well it's her own fault for not having a BA Amex PP and benfitting from her bags going astray. I know it can be inconvenient but when you realise how much compensation you'll get on that card and you arrive in Gucci, a smile comes over your face.
It is an interesting dilemma whether you really can take the p**s with the BA Amex insurance or not. On the one hand the pay-outs are exceedingly generous, especially if you are only away for a few days without your luggage. On the other hand the forms to claim make it very clear that you can only buy "essential items" (that language doesn't appear in the policy doc by the way) and requires an itemised bill for each purchase. I suppose for someone like VC10 Boy Gucci is essential however?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:30 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Originally Posted by aristoph
I suppose for someone like VC10 Boy Gucci is essential however?
Too right it is. It goes down as clothing necessary for a business cocktail reception I just had to attend that evening, and for which I had flown 11k miles to get to. Where it happened to be purchased was immaterial.

And let's not forget you keep getting more to spend after the first 12 hours, and this ontop of the BA compensation and miles. Plus I always carry trunks, a day and night outfit in my carry on, not forgetting my arrival outfit of course.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by kayley
Pardon me for offending your sensibilities! I thought the guy was looking for a good cause to give his airmiles to. Did I get that wrong?
Err - yes. Take another look at the title of the thread. It reads 'how to give 100k BA Miles to Charity' and not 'to which charity should I give 100k BA miles'.

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Well it's her own fault for not having a BA Amex PP and benfitting from her bags going astray.
VC10 Boy, are you referring to the OP?? If you are - the OP was on an award ticket. I thought that to be eligible for BA Amex PP travel inconvenience compensation, you must pay for the fare using the PP. As this was not the case the PP would have been of naff all use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.