First strike dates - 29th-31st of Jan

Old Jan 24, 2007, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by latitude
Please accept my humblest apologies.

I am not worthy.

I should be strapped onto the top of the very plane you are flying on and left there until my wotzits freeze off

5am from DME tonight/tomorrow morning, then.

And freeze they will.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Of course how Mrs S will take all this being passed from pillar to post is debateable. Well actually it isn't. The only solution is for Smirnoff to shell out for a J ticket on VS or Luftwaffe.
Well, Mrs S agreed to go one day later, so 15th-19th, instead of 14th (strike day) -18th.

So I booked 2 one ways for miles. And shelled out the extra 25k for her to out in F (seat 2A) and back in J (62K). And these appear to be totally flexible, so if the strike is off, we can shift it back to the preferred dates, subject to availability of course.

Problem solved.

Now to be totally cunning and tell Mrs S, there was only WT available, and send her on her way with a BP for seat 2A.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Strike to go ahead

Sounds like talks have broken down and the strike will now go ahead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6297059.stm
Old Jan 25, 2007, 5:17 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
BA Statement confirming breakdown of talks.

Originally Posted by BA
British Airways has expressed deep regret at the failure of talks aimed at averting strikes by the Transport and General Workers' Union cabin crew branch.

Speaking after more than 24 hours of intense discussions with the T&G's deputy general secretary, Jack Dromey, and other senior T&G shop stewards, Willie Walsh, the airline's chief executive, said: "We are bitterly disappointed that the T&G has refused to respond positively to the serious proposals we have made on the union's two crucial issues.

"We have accepted the T&G's proposal to improve the application of the absence management policy. We have put forward a solution on pay as part of our upcoming wage round. The T&G has rejected our position out of hand.

"It has chosen instead to confirm a 48-hour stoppage for next week that will wreck the travel plans of hundreds of thousands of customers.

"If it is serious about solving this dispute peacefully it should turn away from confrontation and support our approach to Acas in a bid to find a breakthrough."

The T&G has said it will call out cabin crew members on strike on January 30 and 31; February 5, 6, 7; and February 12, 13 and 14.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:15 pm

The latest news is that talks will resume on Monday.

Given that talks have taken place all day Saturday and today (Sunday), and will continue tomorrow, I guess that the fact that talks between Willie Walsh and Tony Woodley have not broken down should be seen as a positive sign.

Originally Posted by BBC News
Last-ditch talks between British Airways and the Transport & General Workers Union aimed at averting a strike by cabin crew resume on Monday.

Both sides want to reach an agreement to avoid a 48-hour walkout on Tuesday 30 January and Wednesday 31 January.

The dispute is over sickness absence, pay and staffing at the airline.

BA has already cancelled all flights out of Heathrow and domestic and European flights out of Gatwick for the duration of the strike.

The talks - being personally led by BA chief executive Willie Walsh - were adjourned on Sunday night, and will restart just hours before the proposed industrial action is due to start.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Originally Posted by ian001
The latest news is that talks will resume on Monday.

Given that talks have taken place all day Saturday and today (Sunday), and will continue tomorrow, I guess that the fact that talks between Willie Walsh and Tony Woodley have not broken down should be seen as a positive sign.

Wonder who exactly will be on any flights tomorrow, assuming the talks are a success? Won't everyone be re-routed by now?
Old Jan 29, 2007, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by fraisse10
Wonder who exactly will be on any flights tomorrow, assuming the talks are a success? Won't everyone be re-routed by now?
If the strike is called off at the last minute, I would expect long-haul to operate in order to prevent any ongoing disruption to the flying programme, but there could be many short-haul cancellations.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 7:31 am

Programs: Starwood PLATINUM, BA GOLD, KrisFlyer Blue, GFF Silver, BATS After Work Club, Emirates Silver
The strike has just been called off, apparently, according to BBC.

But the other strikes may still go ahead.

How ridiculous.

So the BA will still lose money but now the Cabin Crew will be paid for doing nothing for 2 days (since everyone has already cancelled).
Old Jan 29, 2007, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by john11111111111
The strike has just been called off, apparently, according to BBC.

But the other strikes may still go ahead.

How ridiculous.

So the BA will still lose money but now the Cabin Crew will be paid for doing nothing for 2 days (since everyone has already cancelled).
Only an hour late but still misinformed.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653596
Old Jan 29, 2007, 8:33 am

John1111111111 - have PMd you - please read.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.