Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Exchanging Marriott Points for Tesco CC and BA Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exchanging Marriott Points for Tesco CC and BA Miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2006, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by uk1
Your points are in which account? Did you give your genuine address in Scotland?

Thanks.
I dont see anywhere where it says you must be in USA or have a USA ccard?
Old Dec 31, 2006, 3:21 am

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
Originally Posted by 5EF
Same here, Marriott points all posted ok, now to convert to Tesco. Will let you know how it goes.

Ive converted marriott to Tesco before and it took a couple of days - just keep checking your balance on Tesco.com. I used a separate Tesco account for this so it was obivous when they had hit.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Gizmos
Ive converted marriott to Tesco before and it took a couple of days - just keep checking your balance on Tesco.com. I used a separate Tesco account for this so it was obivous when they had hit.
Good idea, probably also good to use diff acct incase Tesco decide that they dont like people doing this sort of thing and start closing accounts.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Good idea, probably also good to use diff acct incase Tesco decide that they dont like people doing this sort of thing and start closing accounts.
thinking about doing this for the BIL using my Marriott account and his Tesco as he is so close yet so far for a BA redemption - same surname different address not sure if it will work - or do I just create him a Marriott account and I buy them for him?
Old Dec 31, 2006, 3:45 am

thinking about doing this for the BIL using my Marriott account and his Tesco as he is so close yet so far for a BA redemption - same surname different address not sure if it will work - or do I just create him a Marriott account and I buy them for him?
I dont think the link between Marriott and Tesco is as strict as Tesco and BA. I think you just give Marriott a tesco number and they transfer the points. If they do query this, you can always set up a new tesco clubcard at your address, then after points have transferred over merge the clubcard with your BIL's one (with his being the primary one), you only need to both be on the phone at same time to do this.

Its probably a preferable way as tesco accounts are infinitely and easily createable/cancellable.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
I dont think the link between Marriott and Tesco is as strict as Tesco and BA. I think you just give Marriott a tesco number and they transfer the points. If they do query this, you can always set up a new tesco clubcard at your address, then after points have transferred over merge the clubcard with your BIL's one (with his being the primary one), you only need to both be on the phone at same time to do this.

Its probably a preferable way as tesco accounts are infinitely and easily createable/cancellable.
I'll just create him a clubcard at our address for the sake of the transfer and then change the address to his once its all gone through - same surname etc anyway so its pretty easy. He could do with another Tesco account - lol
Old Dec 31, 2006, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Points are in the account. Er, make that points were in the account.

The electronic transfer may take 'up to six weeks'. I don't think so, somehow.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 4:40 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
if you are converting them to Tesco I would get this done pretty quickly as its the "end of quarter" soon. Tesco will only convert to BA once a quarter so you dont want to be waiting for months to get your Miles.
It might be worth clarifying when Tesco quarters end for those that do not know. Er, like me. Sorry, new to the clubcard transfer to BA miles thing and not sorted it out.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by spotwelder
It might be worth clarifying when Tesco quarters end for those that do not know. Er, like me. Sorry, new to the clubcard transfer to BA miles thing and not sorted it out.
Quarters end in January, April, July, October. There is a cut off which is usually a week before the end of the quarter (guess it to be about 27th January). statements are then produced throughout February. If you get the paper vouchers you can convert online from Tesco to BA and they post overnight in your BA account usually. A few of us auto convert and these will usually post about three weeks into Feb. Hope that helps - Raffles has got most of this in the Tesco and BA thread so thats just a brief summary. If you need anything specific drop me a PM.
Old Jan 1, 2007, 1:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
I've received my Marriott Points and have transferred them through to a Tesco Clubcard account. It said "allow up to six weeks". I'm praying that it will go quicker than that so it hits the Tesco account before my next statement.

Thanks to all for the advice...

/MHL

Last edited by d'Yquem; Jan 1, 2007 at 1:26 am
Old Jan 1, 2007, 2:36 am

try this link to Marriott which should take you to the page that details the rewards with Tesco on it

Marriott
Old Jan 1, 2007, 2:39 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I purchased two blocks so now have 198K MR in my Marriot account. The account is set up to transfer into a Tesco clubcard account, however it seems from some earlier posts, for example from Roger, that you have to physically do something to transfer the MR points to Tesco's. I have looked at the site but cannot find a way to do this. Do I need to call them or is there a way to do it online?
Old Jan 1, 2007, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Blue.
Originally Posted by astonmartinv8
I purchased two blocks so now have 198K MR in my Marriot account. The account is set up to transfer into a Tesco clubcard account, however it seems from some earlier posts, for example from Roger, that you have to physically do something to transfer the MR points to Tesco's. I have looked at the site but cannot find a way to do this. Do I need to call them or is there a way to do it online?
I think you do something on this page - never done it so might be wrong.

https://marriott.com/rewards/moreRew...00&elite=false
Old Jan 1, 2007, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by astonmartinv8
try this link to Marriott which should take you to the page that details the rewards with Tesco on it

Marriott
the link I posted works for me - does it not work for anyone else you ned to click on the Tesco award you want and then select the Red button - use points
Old Jan 1, 2007, 4:30 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Transfers

OK, so you can autotransfer by selecting earning preference, or at least I guess so. If you have just purchased 99000 points, how does this get transferred?

If you self transfer, then you get stuck in the TO4 reward for 70k points then a TO2 for 20,000 points and so on.

I might have to do a bit more jiggling around to purchase a few extra k of points so that I end up with 250k for transfer purposes. Not that I am taking this seriously of course....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.