Bonus Miles Challenge

Old Dec 11, 06, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways - Gold
Bonus Miles Challenge

Hello Everybody - I am a frequent Flyer Gold Card member and complete around 20-40 Translantic flights each Year. Yesterday on a flight LHR-DOH (Qatar) i spoke to a gentleman who was also in First Class who advised me that BA have a huss huss program that allows for Bonus FF Miles and a Sign up bonus if you register for the program. Something about flying a certain number of flights within a set time... I have scoured "īnside Flier" mag and online subscription and have found nothing. Do anyone know if this???

Thanks
Totty
Old Dec 11, 06, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold, SkyTeam E+, TK Elite, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
First of all...Welcome to FT 'Yacht-Totty'

It might be a possibility that the gentleman was talking about a joining bonus that stipulates Bonus Miles will be awarded once X number of flights have posted to the account OR that flights have to be completed in J or F for miles to post.

But i've not heard of a specific promo that points out to this. I'm only aware of the 'EarnMoreMiles' and '50k TransAtlantic' promos that offer such rewarding miles.

Just a thought?
Old Dec 11, 06, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
This is probably a reference to the bonus miles currently being offered to European (non UK) BAEC members for flying in Club or F. See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...4&page=1&pp=40
Old Dec 11, 06, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways - Gold
Make sense, the said gentleman was Swiss
Old Dec 11, 06, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by Yacht-Totty View Post
Make sense, the said gentleman was Swiss
No need to be Swiss - you can move your own BAEC account to a European mailing address, even if you are UK (or Middle East) based. Benefits are Silver for 400 pts and Gold for 800 pts, plus better bonus miles promos.

Downsides (for UK residents) are loss of BA Amex and inability to transfer Tesco points into BA Miles. Downside for you as a ME resident is probably nil, assuming that you do not already quality for the 400 / 800 thresholds (not sure if ME counts as Europe in BA-land).

Search this Thread