Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T4 update, Sunday 10 Dec - not good!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2006, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
T4 update, Sunday 10 Dec - not good!

Arrrived at FIRST checkin 1023, queued half hour baggage belt broken./ Another 20 mins in Fats track. Many flights delayed becuase of baggage probs. In Concorde rm now, but boarding so must dash. JS
Old Dec 10, 2006, 5:30 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by James S
Another 20 mins in Fats track.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 5:34 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Maybe I'm not so sorry about having to trek out to STN today!
Old Dec 10, 2006, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Can't wait for my flight on Tuesday...
Old Dec 10, 2006, 5:50 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Yesterday (sat) it took 1 hour from F check in to the lounge. Non fast track security was lined up outside in the tents.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by CT-UK
Yesterday (sat) it took 1 hour from F check in to the lounge. Non fast track security was lined up outside in the tents.
It was like this a few weekends ago as well. Crazy.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 6:18 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by latitude
It was like this a few weekends ago as well. Crazy.
I hope it is not the same on the 23rd as I will be suffering with a hangover from hell no doubt while waiting to go off to SEA.

At least the FAs will have an easy time as I curl up in F and go to sleep for the whole flight without having anything to eat or drink apart from my bottle of lucozade. Just like yesterday on my way to PHL.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, British Airways ID, Lloyds TSB Visa Debit Card
The rediculous security measures in place just take one step forward and two back.

The same day that we were allowed to take liquids onboard planes, there emerges the requirement to remove suit jackets, shoes and laptops.

We're now officially the worst place in the world for security at airports. Even moreso than America.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Not only are we the worst place in the world (which I find quite easy to believe), we have the worst staff, the most inefficient system and a company that is totally unaccountable to anybody overseeing it all.

My suggestion would be that the amount of time it takes Pax to get through is monitored. For every pax that takes longer than 10 minutes to get through security, BAA is fined £20. They'd soon speed things up...

BAH
Old Dec 10, 2006, 7:57 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by James S
Another 20 mins in Fats track.
Thank goodness I had the low carb option at lunch
Old Dec 10, 2006, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Slighly off-subject, but if BA management not jumping on BAA for these issues, cabin crew strikes are the least of their problems in retaining premium pax.

I see EOS benefiting from using STN. Not clear what kind of service Silverjet will deliver from Luton although the use of their own terminal building (?) may sounds promising.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 8:31 am

Took nearly an hour for bags to come off arriving BA112 this morning.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
Not only are we the worst place in the world (which I find quite easy to believe), we have the worst staff, the most inefficient system and a company that is totally unaccountable to anybody overseeing it all.

My suggestion would be that the amount of time it takes Pax to get through is monitored. For every pax that takes longer than 10 minutes to get through security, BAA is fined £20. They'd soon speed things up...

BAH
Agreed, what really bugs me, is the lack of management of the security staff.

A few weeks ago, I spend over an hour waiting to reach the security checkpoint. I got there and witnessed 3 staff members chatting to each other, and not all the security points open. Even staff the other side waiting to pat people down who buzzed were busy chatting and not working to move people through.

They should have staff walking up and down the queues reminding people, all objects out of pockets, laptops out, outer coats off etc etc. This is my pet hate - people who treat the security queues like a stroll down Blackpool promenade so I won't go there.

BA blame BAA.

BAA blame the goverment

Someone has to be accountable for this farce.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 2:11 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by BAHumbug

BAH
How many pax a year does LHR serve? About 60 million, right? I can't imagine what losing £600 million would do to BAA stock...

I connecting through LHR for first time in two months. If it is as bad as some previous experiences, I may just have to start steering clear of LHR entirely. We'll see though.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Originally Posted by knifeandfork
Took nearly an hour for bags to come off arriving BA112 this morning.
See my post on another thread.
I waited (and wasted) 2 hours for mine from the 182 yesterday morning

It is a farce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.