FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   T4 update, Sunday 10 Dec - not good! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/634239-t4-update-sunday-10-dec-not-good.html)

James S Dec 10, 06 6:04 am

T4 update, Sunday 10 Dec - not good!

Arrrived at FIRST checkin 1023, queued half hour baggage belt broken./ Another 20 mins in Fats track. Many flights delayed becuase of baggage probs. In Concorde rm now, but boarding so must dash. JS

SLF Dec 10, 06 6:30 am

Originally Posted by James S (Post 6823061)
Another 20 mins in Fats track.

:D :D :D

rfrost Dec 10, 06 6:34 am

Maybe I'm not so sorry about having to trek out to STN today!

clubman Dec 10, 06 6:35 am

Can't wait for my flight on Tuesday...

CT-UK Dec 10, 06 6:50 am

Yesterday (sat) it took 1 hour from F check in to the lounge. Non fast track security was lined up outside in the tents.

latitude Dec 10, 06 6:57 am

Originally Posted by CT-UK (Post 6823128)
Yesterday (sat) it took 1 hour from F check in to the lounge. Non fast track security was lined up outside in the tents.

It was like this a few weekends ago as well. Crazy.

CT-UK Dec 10, 06 7:18 am

Originally Posted by latitude (Post 6823138)
It was like this a few weekends ago as well. Crazy.

I hope it is not the same on the 23rd as I will be suffering with a hangover from hell no doubt while waiting to go off to SEA.

At least the FAs will have an easy time as I curl up in F and go to sleep for the whole flight without having anything to eat or drink apart from my bottle of lucozade. Just like yesterday on my way to PHL.

Tits McGhee Dec 10, 06 7:20 am

The rediculous security measures in place just take one step forward and two back.

The same day that we were allowed to take liquids onboard planes, there emerges the requirement to remove suit jackets, shoes and laptops.

We're now officially the worst place in the world for security at airports. Even moreso than America.

BAHumbug Dec 10, 06 8:35 am

Not only are we the worst place in the world (which I find quite easy to believe), we have the worst staff, the most inefficient system and a company that is totally unaccountable to anybody overseeing it all.

My suggestion would be that the amount of time it takes Pax to get through is monitored. For every pax that takes longer than 10 minutes to get through security, BAA is fined 20. They'd soon speed things up...

BAH

ANstar Dec 10, 06 8:57 am

Originally Posted by James S (Post 6823061)
Another 20 mins in Fats track.

Thank goodness I had the low carb option at lunch

KenJohn Dec 10, 06 8:59 am

Slighly off-subject, but if BA management not jumping on BAA for these issues, cabin crew strikes are the least of their problems in retaining premium pax.

I see EOS benefiting from using STN. Not clear what kind of service Silverjet will deliver from Luton although the use of their own terminal building (?) may sounds promising.

knifeandfork Dec 10, 06 9:31 am

Took nearly an hour for bags to come off arriving BA112 this morning.

latitude Dec 10, 06 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by BAHumbug (Post 6823345)
Not only are we the worst place in the world (which I find quite easy to believe), we have the worst staff, the most inefficient system and a company that is totally unaccountable to anybody overseeing it all.

My suggestion would be that the amount of time it takes Pax to get through is monitored. For every pax that takes longer than 10 minutes to get through security, BAA is fined 20. They'd soon speed things up...

BAH

Agreed, what really bugs me, is the lack of management of the security staff.

A few weeks ago, I spend over an hour waiting to reach the security checkpoint. I got there and witnessed 3 staff members chatting to each other, and not all the security points open. Even staff the other side waiting to pat people down who buzzed were busy chatting and not working to move people through.

They should have staff walking up and down the queues reminding people, all objects out of pockets, laptops out, outer coats off etc etc. This is my pet hate - people who treat the security queues like a stroll down Blackpool promenade :mad: so I won't go there.

BA blame BAA.

BAA blame the goverment

Someone has to be accountable for this farce.

SchmeckFlyer Dec 10, 06 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by BAHumbug (Post 6823345)

BAH

:eek: How many pax a year does LHR serve? About 60 million, right? I can't imagine what losing 600 million would do to BAA stock...

I connecting through LHR for first time in two months. If it is as bad as some previous experiences, I may just have to start steering clear of LHR entirely. We'll see though.

leaveamessage Dec 10, 06 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by knifeandfork (Post 6823480)
Took nearly an hour for bags to come off arriving BA112 this morning.

See my post on another thread.
I waited (and wasted) 2 hours for mine from the 182 yesterday morning :rolleyes:

It is a farce