Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T4 update, Sunday 10 Dec - not good!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2006, 5:05 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
what rather surprises me with security checks at lhr is that some queues have to remove shoes and some dont. unless either all are or are not doing the same, this is effectively an optional extra for the punter!!
Old Dec 10, 2006, 6:03 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
How many pax a year does LHR serve? About 60 million, right? I can't imagine what losing £600 million would do to BAA stock...
That's exactly my point - much cheaper to put in proper security lines and process people quickly...
Old Dec 10, 2006, 10:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: One World
Originally Posted by knifeandfork
Took nearly an hour for bags to come off arriving BA112 this morning.

In a news story today about luggage delays in Madrid i found this statement:

"At London Heathrow, Europe's busiest airport by number of travelers, the first bags arrive in about 15 minutes and the last within 31 minutes, said Damon Hunt, a spokesman for BAA Plc, which operates the airport."

........yeah right
Old Dec 14, 2006, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by James S
Arrrived at FIRST checkin 1023, queued half hour baggage belt broken./ Another 20 mins in Fats track. Many flights delayed becuase of baggage probs. In Concorde rm now, but boarding so must dash. JS
...and we stood for 20 minutes in the jetway waiting for a bus to the far stand, and departed one hour late.

Flight was fantastic, great food, comfortable bed, crew couldn´t have done more for us. Just 6 pax in F, we shifted from 4EF to 1AK at checkin.

Arrived at GRU. 100 pax without bags, including us. 3 BA staff to handle it, and Brazilians aren´t good at queueing at midnight on a Sunday after an 11 hour flight. No sign of those debit cards I´ve heard about, the girl (Lara, very helpful under trying circumstances) said spend what you need and claim back. Junior´s bag arrived the next morning and was delivered to where we were staying, but now, 3 days later, mine still hasn´t shown - the one with suits and presents for last night´s wedding. NOT HAPPY JAN!! Had to spend half a day hiring suits, shirts shoes etc - could find nothing I wanted to buy here in President Prudente. Went to the wedding in a cheap suit and polyester shirt and sweated profusely. Still, gotta say, had a great time with fabulous people. We are two hours flying time from Sao Paulo now - no idea when my bag will find me. Apparently about 20-50 bags are being sent down each day from London but flights are so full they can´t send it all at once.

I went to the gym the other morning - before I went shopping - all I had to wear was the BA F pajama bottoms and the teeshirt I had flown in. A bit baggy but they did the job.

Bottom line - Poor F service at LHR, great flight, baggage disaster.

Was so much looking forward to my first BA F experience, but as often happens in life, the actuality is a real let down compared to the expectation.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 7:15 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by James S
Flight was fantastic, great food, comfortable bed, crew couldn´t have done more for us. Just 6 pax in F, we shifted from 4EF to 1AK at checkin.
Sorry to hear about your experience.

Out of interest, I assume you hadn't OLCI'd? Otherwise I thought you couldn't change seats at checkin.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 9:24 am

Programs: QP Life, AA Nothing, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by BAAZ

Out of interest, I assume you hadn't OLCI'd? Otherwise I thought you couldn't change seats at checkin.
I'm not the OP, but here's what happened to me. I OLCI'd last Saturday, but forgot to check the upper deck. (Explanation - it was a really stupid mistake, but I was in a super hurry and someone was talking at me, and I just assumed the flight to DXB was a 777. Realised my mistake 30 seconds later and felt like a right plonker.)

Got to the desk to pick up boarding pass and explained my mistake, saying that I knew under the new rules I couldn't do anything about it.

Check-in agent said that it was OK - I could make changes up until the boarding pass was printed. So I did!
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:28 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Ah! so we should OLCI but not PYOPB then.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by BAAZ

Just to be clear, I changed from 4EF which I had selected months ago when I booked to 1AK at OLCI.

James
Old Dec 14, 2006, 4:12 pm

Looks like the fun is set to continue. As well as next week being one of the busiest travel periods of the year, freezing fog is forecast all over Northern Europe on Monday/Tuesday.

Yay...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.