Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OT (or not): BA now the unofficial Ryanair/UK LCC forum?

Old Dec 9, 06, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue

Thought I'd ask as they do get a mention here .
Old Dec 9, 06, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCRC, TK*G, FB G, HHH D, SPG P.
Well, the bmi board have UK trains pretty much wrapped up, so it only seems fair that we get the LCCs!!
Old Dec 10, 06, 2:12 am

Programs: Mucci! And BA Silver previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 5, Bronze 2
One has heard of a LCC, but one is not sure what a LCC is? One hopes it is not something assocated with the lower classes... One does not want that sort of person frequenting our upper class board...
Old Dec 10, 06, 2:43 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by BA or bust View Post
One has heard of a LCC, but one is not sure what a LCC is? One hopes it is not something assocated with the lower classes... One does not want that sort of person frequenting our upper class board...
Indeed I find an increasing number of posts on this board on all manner of topics with which I cannot (and do not wish to ) relate to.
Old Dec 10, 06, 3:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
There is also a 'Other European airlines' forum and also a UK & Ireland destination forum
Old Dec 10, 06, 3:21 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Moderator Action

If our beloved TalkBoard representative wishes to go for adding a Ryanair Forum, can I be the Moderator please?

At least it would be somewhere to go without having to consider "how do I get a free upgrade" threads.

I guess the seatmap questions would be somewhat fewer in number too!

What no seatshifting compliants?

No threads on the Champagne served in F or the lounge?

After all, has anybody else actually read the Ryanair Ts and Cs of carriage?
Old Dec 10, 06, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Jenbel View Post
There is also a 'Other European airlines' forum and also a UK & Ireland destination forum
Agreed, but most of the chatter on FT does seem to be among people who mostly frequent the BA board which is why I suggested this. I'm not sure I could read a Liar Air forum - at least the positive stuff about BA drowns out the wailing and gnashing of teeth about Ryanair here .

Edited because post suggested that people who fly Ryanair hunt whales!
Old Dec 10, 06, 4:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by spotwelder View Post
If our beloved TalkBoard representative wishes to go for adding a Ryanair Forum, can I be the Moderator please?
Well, someone actually has to suggest it into the TB forum, TB has no say on moderation issues... and to be honest, I'd probably vote against a FR forum just because I hate them that much

Internaut - I'm sorry, we don't have a tongue-in-cheek smilie
Old Dec 10, 06, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May be we need a T3 Forum, and a BE Forum, and ban all discussion on the BA Forum (of which there has been plenty of late)?

Oh, and a WOW Forum. Not only because WOW sounds so...well...wowwwwww, but also there may be question on the former BA route to PLH/NQY.

Search this Thread