JFK Lounge hours

Old Dec 9, 2006, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

JFK Lounge hours

I traveling on an F ticket on BA172 which leaves JFK at 8:00 a.m. Does anyone know what time the Concorde Room opens in the a.m.? I looked at the BA website but it did not list opening hours for the lounges. Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Sorry to tell you, but it doesn't...the CR is only open for the evening flights. For the 172/178, only the Terraces and F lounge are open.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Sorry to tell you, but it doesn't...the CR is only open for the evening flights. For the 172/178, only the Terraces and F lounge are open.
Thanks so much for the quick response. By any chance do you know what time the F lounge opens in the a.m.?
Old Dec 9, 2006, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laf747
Thanks so much for the quick response. By any chance do you know what time the F lounge opens in the a.m.?
I don't for sure...but IIRC the earliest I've been there personally has been about 06:30 (and that was for the 178 when it was timed at 08:15 or similar) and it was 'well' open by then, with other pax there. I'd say it must open at the very latest at 6am. T7 is very quiet at that time of day, and with F check-in and fast track security, there's no need to worry about getting there too early IME.

BTW the Molton Brown Spa (located in the Terraces) is also only open for the evening flights, so another thing you won't miss by not getting there very early in case you wondered.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

6:30 a.m. works for me since I am flying out on a Saturday that means a 6:00 a.m. car pickup. It is ironic that the Concorde Room is no longer open in the a.m. since, as you well know, in "the good old days" there was an a.m. Concorde flight. If I am not mistaken it left at 10:00 a.m. and arrived LHR at around 6:00 p.m.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm. I think it was BA002 which left JFK at 08:30 and got to LHR about 17:25? Or around that general region depending on the time of year?

BTW You may also find this thread useful too - I summarized my first BA178 experience a while back when it was the 08:15 service. Although that was in J, the stuff about JFK itself is still accurate based on my last BA178 trip.

Last edited by G-BOAC; Dec 9, 2006 at 2:42 pm Reason: Fix link and flight time note
Old Dec 9, 2006, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Hmmm. I think it was BA002 which left JFK at 08:30 and got to LHR about 17:55?

BTW You may also find this thread useful too - I summarized my first BA178 experience a while back when it was the 08:15 service. Although that was in J, the stuff about JFK itself is still accurate based on my last BA178
trip.
Thank you, I stand corrected, BA 002 did leave at 8:30 a.m. I still remember my excitement when I took my first Concorde flight back in 1991. Thanks also for the link to the BA 178 thread.
To go slightly OT, I noticed that when I booked my flights, the only availability in regard to upgrading with miles from J to F between JFk and LHR was for BA Flt 172. There was much greater flexibility in upgrading the LHR-JFK return.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 4:01 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The J/F lounges open when the terminal opens. And that is pretty early (around 5 am but I'm not sure of the exact time).

The difference in F occupancy eastbound vs. westbound is easily explained, most F pax on JFK-LHR are flying on a corporate J ticket, with a free F in one direction (negotiated corporate perk), and they mostly want to have the bed eastbound. BA has had to sweeten its corporate J deals to keep the business (in part due to the various BA service disruptions in the past 2 years).

The Concorde flight time varied seasonally and from year to year, I have flown on 8:30, 9:00 and 10:00 am departures (and one that left at noon, due to a delay upon pushback, making it one of the longer Concorde flights ever).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.