Get to LHR Early today (Dec 9)

Old Dec 9, 06, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
Get to LHR Early today (Dec 9)

What a mess. F checkin and Fast Track still took me an hour. T4 is an absolute zoo. I've seen it worse in the econ lines before but even the Fast Track is backed out nearly to the outside with 3 lanes open. So get here early if you don't want to miss your flight....
Old Dec 9, 06, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let me guess, was there a queue to access the F check in desk? These seems to have become a regular feature recently.
Old Dec 9, 06, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Oh my!!!

thanks for the warning!

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 9, 06, 4:35 am

I dread T4 these days... T1 is streets ahead with zone R.

Thank heavens my next long haul out of T4 is in transit from T1!
Old Dec 9, 06, 4:43 am
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky View Post
I dread T4 these days... T1 is streets ahead with zone R.

Thank heavens my next long haul out of T4 is in transit from T1!
I've heard that security queues for transit are often significantly worse than security queues where you're checking in at the terminal ...
Old Dec 9, 06, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
It was the same yesterday and is presumably part of the post-5 December check-in 'enhancements'. Several Slow Bag Drop positions but seemingly endless queues being brightened up by the combers asking passengers on departing flights to step forward.
Old Dec 9, 06, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Kate_Canuck View Post
I've heard that security queues for transit are often significantly worse than security queues where you're checking in at the terminal ...
Actually would be interested in some feedback on that as the only other time I've transited at LHR was on Christmas day last year and it was deserted...
Old Dec 9, 06, 6:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky View Post
Actually would be interested in some feedback on that as the only other time I've transited at LHR was on Christmas day last year and it was deserted...
Less than 5 minutes in the T1 Connection Center Fast Track going to T4 about 1 hour ago.
Old Dec 9, 06, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by elitetraveler View Post
Less than 5 minutes in the T1 Connection Center Fast Track going to T4 about 1 hour ago.
Thanks for that, fingers crossed then...
Old Dec 9, 06, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC, LH M&Ms, Flying(KLM makes me)Blue, KM FlyPass, Marriott
Very much depends on the time of day, I think, and even then...

Most times I've come off the BOM flight between 6 am & 7 am and the security queue at the Connection Centre is fairly small, usually no more than 5 mins. Couple of times, though, it was absolutely heaving and I managed to divert down the Fast Track after giving a winning smile to the Guardian Dragon so I could catch my flight to EDI.
On the way back I've noticed huge queues around 8:30 to 9 am when I come through the side door from T1.
I think it builds up once the European flights start to come in.
Old Dec 9, 06, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Nothing to do with post 5 Dec. T4 was a complete zoo on 27 Nov. No queue for F check-in but what looked to be an enormous queue for J.Fast Track security took forever. What a waste of one's life.
Old Dec 9, 06, 10:03 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
grrrr

waited TWO BLOODY HOURS for my one bag to come off the 182 today.

Flight was late departing JFK last night (by approx 2 hours) due to late inbound, and then the usual remote stand and holding pattern farce at LHR this morning.

Combine that with the 'fantastic' new seating policy which left me in a not-particularly-good W seat and I am such a happy camper today having just got home.

endless announcements stating that all BA bags will be delayed due to a lack of ground staff did not help by stating the obvious over and over again.

piss take
Old Dec 9, 06, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by linenbasket View Post
grrrr

Flight was late departing JFK last night (by approx 2 hours) due to late inbound, and then the usual remote stand and holding pattern farce at LHR this morning.

Combine that with the 'fantastic' new seating policy which left me in a not so good W seat and I am such a happy camper today having just got home.

endless announcements stating that all BA bags will be delayed due to a lack of ground staff did not help by stating the obvious over and over again.

piss take
Bad luck - almost exactly the same thing happened to a colleague of mine last Friday (1st December) returning from JFK - 2 hrs delay then 2hrs for bags with the same "excuse" of lack of bag handlers.
Old Dec 9, 06, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by linenbasket View Post
grrrr

Combine that with the 'fantastic' new seating policy which left me in a not-particularly-good W seat and I am such a happy camper today having just got home.

piss take

One wonders why there are so many BA defenders in light of the facts these days.
Old Dec 9, 06, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by millionmiler View Post
One wonders why there are so many BA defenders in light of the facts these days.
:yawn:

Search this Thread