CW Pajama Etiquette

Old Dec 8, 06, 10:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

CW Pajama Etiquette

Since the new F pjs no longer have F white on blue blazing for all to see, but much more subtle, would it be in poor taste to switch into a "new" F top while flying CW? It not only is comfortable but leaves my shirt unwrinkled when I arrive.
Old Dec 8, 06, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by elitetraveler View Post
Since the new F pjs no longer have F white on blue blazing for all to see, but much more subtle, would it be in poor taste to switch into a "new" F top while flying CW? It not only is comfortable but leaves my shirt unwrinkled when I arrive.
I say who cares... Travel, within reason, in whatever makes you comfortable. If you want to put on the PJ's and relax, who cares what other people think.

With that said, Mr. "Tank Top with Sandals On" that was next to me on that summer flight to Vegas on Southwest...Don't ever do that again.
Old Dec 8, 06, 10:46 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
I do this all the time in J and on airlines which don't provide PJs in F. If anyone has a problem with it, it's jus that - their problem.
Old Dec 8, 06, 11:31 pm

If you feel self-conscious about it, how about changing into another comfortable sweatshirt to leave your shirt unwrinkled?
Old Dec 8, 06, 11:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eutow View Post
If you feel self-conscious about it, how about changing into another comfortable sweatshirt to leave your shirt unwrinkled?
on this trip i flew east in F thus picking up the new F pjs...but my return is in CW so i have the F top with me and no other t-shirt.
Old Dec 9, 06, 12:20 am

on this trip i flew east in F thus picking up the new F pjs...but my return is in CW so i have the F top with me and no other t-shirt.

Okay, starter for 10:

Which term was coined by a French psychic researcher, Émile Boirac (1851–1917) in his book 'L'Avenir des sciences psychiques'?
Old Dec 9, 06, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

deleted as it added no value
Old Dec 9, 06, 2:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Still seems pretentious to me. Surely the BA F PJs aren't the only comfortable ensemble you can muster?
Old Dec 9, 06, 3:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

The nob factor can be eliminated by carefully hand embroidering the word CHOICE beneath the word FIRST
Old Dec 9, 06, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by jedison View Post
Still seems pretentious to me. Surely the BA F PJs aren't the only comfortable ensemble you can muster?
Pretentious... oh come on... Should one wear CX's Shanghai Tangs, or AF's Christian Lacroix or SQ's Givenchy? BA IMHO has the most lightweight = comfortable PJ's. As we all know the BA cabin is usually too hot, and the light fabric PJ's help us make it through the flight. I have seen many people don their "souvenir" PJ's in J. I see absolutely no problem with any F garments in J or Y for that matter!!!! What ever wets your whistle
Old Dec 9, 06, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
Coming back from CPT last month on the upper deck, about half the cabin changed into "F" pjs before take-off - including myself but I appeared to be the only one with the new ones having picked them up on the way out to CPT a couple of days earlier.

Have to agree with upgrade lover, BA PJs are a great lightweight fabric that seems perfect for the stuffy atmosphere on the plane.
Old Dec 9, 06, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My impression is coloured by people like the gentlemen I sat next to on Sunday night. Gets on, asks crew for hanger and then booms at top of his voice 'I'm going to change into my FIRST pyjamas now' and then proceeds to parade through the cabin so that everyone knows he has been op-up'ed once. Twunt.

It's almost as bad as having your Gold card tags on hand baggage.

Last edited by Swanhunter; Dec 9, 06 at 4:39 am
Old Dec 9, 06, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Maybe I'll wear my VS pjs on the CW overnight flight back from SFO on the 22nd!

I do like changing into pjs as it makes me feel more comfortable ( esp when changing back into the clothes on arrival)

The VS ones are all black with a small VA label which almost cannot be seen.

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 9, 06, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
My impression is coloured by people like the gentlemen I sat next to on Sunday night. Gets on, asks crew for hanger and then booms at top of his voice 'I'm going to change into my FIRST pyjamas now' and then proceeds to parade through the cabin so that everyone knows he has been op-up'ed once.
DYKWHW???!!!

To be honest I don't really nottice what people wear in Club World - if they were wearing First pyjamas, they would need to tell me.

Not sure that my recent purchase of bright pink with red poka dot pyjama bottoms is equally as subtle and unnoticed, but people probably just think that I have escaped from the funny farm...

Boo
Old Dec 9, 06, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot View Post
Maybe I'll wear my VS pjs on the CW overnight flight back from SFO on the 22nd!

I do like changing into pjs as it makes me feel more comfortable ( esp when changing back into the clothes on arrival)

The VS ones are all black with a small VA label which almost cannot be seen.
I have always happily worn my VS PJs when flying CW. It makes a point that some airlines do supply PJs for a J price. I change into PJs on all long-haul flights - day or night. Use to changed into shorts for day flights to feel more comfortable but the legs got cold half way through the flight

Flew EOS from JFK. I was in my CX PJs and another pax was in their BA PJs. It merely shows that
a) you are well travelled
b) as an experienced traveller, you know how to be comfortable when travelling.

Search this Thread