Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gone and done it...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2006, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Gone and done it...

Thanks to your recent helpful advice, all.....

Booked my first (as in never done it before, not FIRST ) WT+ to CW upgrade for next year. Price was - well, acceptable, but travel dates inflexible so didn't want to miss out on availability, esp. as days either side were not available. Anyway, now I need more help;

I booked an EDI-LHR as a separate booking, and saved a fair bit of cash, but - How do I 'link' this to my LHR-ORD booking, and do I need to?

Anything else I need to do - or just sit back and wait for my flying experience to be transformed from the grind of steerage to the sunlit uplands of CW....

P.S. Spend 25000 points, but get 10,000 back. That's good psychology...
Old Dec 9, 2006, 1:31 am

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
Hi Fourier,

I travel on multiple PNRs a lot, though less nowadays than in the past, as the ba.com booking engine seems to be coming out with more acceptable domestic add-on prices these days.

I've never made any attempt to link the bookings until I get to the airport. Just explain what you're doing to the check-in / FBD agent : they'll be completely unfazed (it's common practice!) and will do the rest. They must link the PNRs at this point, because sometimes the domestic has run late and an agent has been standing on the jetway at LHR with his little white board with my name on it!

Btw, enjoy your CW upgrade. Although I've flown CW many times and although I'm quite clear that a WT+ to CW MFU is the best possible use of miles, I've never actually done it myself!
Old Dec 9, 2006, 1:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Excellent. Did you manage to get the MFU onto BA296/7? Nowt wrong with the 767 or 777 but nothing quite matches the additional space and quiet ambience of the upper deck cabin.

Technically, separate bookings cannot be linked but for peace of mind, BA may add a note to each PNR. Be mindful, and I know this sounds like a bore, that BA will not be obliged to sort you out should you misconnect but IME, providing you plan sufficient time for connections the staff generally do help out on the rebooking side when things don't go as planned in order to get you on your way.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 3:32 am

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
Congrats Fourier and enjoy your trip.

What Steady-EDI said. When you check in, just tell them your connecting flight details and check through to your final destination and you'll be fine. Done this lots myself too.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Does this mean i won't be able to do online check in throughto ord 24hr before my edi flight - this used to be a reasonable way to pick a half-decent y seat if you are not blessed with a gold/silver/polonium card...
Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Fourier
Does this mean i won't be able to do online check in throughto ord 24hr before my edi flight - this used to be a reasonable way to pick a half-decent y seat if you are not blessed with a gold/silver/polonium card...
You'll need to do two separate OLCI sessions, at T-minus 24 hours before each flight
Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
Excellent. Did you manage to get the MFU onto BA296/7? Nowt wrong with the 767 or 777 but nothing quite matches the additional space and quiet ambience of the upper deck cabin.
I got the 747 out, but the 767 back (all that was available), although this I am told is a sleeper service, so I guess the ambience is less critical if you're asleep for most of it.

P.S. As the upper deck is so good, I suspect seats will all go to card type folk before mortals get a look in. hence wondering whether I could steal a bit of a march by checking in for both online, at the time of the first flight, so earlier than 24 hrs before for the LHR-ORD leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.