FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Pre Seating on BA, JNB-LHR/JFK 13th dec in J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/633594-pre-seating-ba-jnb-lhr-jfk-13th-dec-j.html)

Gooner505 Dec 8, 2006 6:31 am

Pre Seating on BA, JNB-LHR/JFK 13th dec in J

Hey, I called BA about 2 weeks ago to assk for 64A and i was told the seat map hasn't been loaded. I then tried to get it through manage my booking and it said the pre flight allocation is already full.

I called BA yesterday to ask and the lady said the seat map isn't loaded and is will be available 24hrs before departure, check in on line.

I am Gold on AA and Silver on IB, a few thousand miles short of platinum on AA but that didn't help either.

Now my question is, is she talking junk and secondly can I check in online for the 2nd flight from lhr-jfk and get the seat I want, but since the flight is more than 24hrs away from when I can check in from the first will the system let me? I am 1.93cm tall and so that 64A is very nice, especially when I bend my legs out and rest them on the storage bins.

Here is the routing:

Johannesburg Int'l (JNB), Johannesburg South Africa 8:15 PM

To London / Heathrow (LHR), London United Kingdom 5:15 AM
Terminal: 1 (Thursday)

British Airways BA 117 Thursday, December 14, 2006
London / Heathrow (LHR), London United Kingdom 8:20 AM
Terminal: 4
To New York / John F Kennedy Int'l (JFK), New York, New York USA 10:50 AM

Thanks guys and the inevitable question can I expect the new CW on any of my flights?

Smirnoff Dec 8, 2006 6:42 am

64A is not pre-assignable to anyone (execpt with infants), as it is a bassinet position. It is however available at OLCI, if it hasn't been reserved already.

Under the new seating policy (see the long thread on this), you would not be able to pre-assign a seat at all if you don't have BA Silver or Gold, or are booked in J or C booking classes.

If these don't apply, then you need to do OLCI at T-24 hours and grab a seat. I recommend 62AK for the irrationally tall.

In theory you may be able to OLCI for the connecting flight, but it may not let you until T-24 hours of that flight departing.

Swiss Tony Dec 8, 2006 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Smirnoff (Post 6814087)

If these don't apply, then you need to do OLCI at T-24 hours and grab a seat. I recommend 62AK for the irrationally tall.

In theory you may be able to OLCI for the connecting flight, but it may not let you until T-24 hours of that flight departing.

62 or 64:confused:

oldpenny16 Dec 8, 2006 7:33 am

This new seating policy is not good! Can he use the BA club in Johannesburg?

clubman Dec 8, 2006 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony (Post 6814244)
62 or 64:confused:

I believe Smirnoff did indeed mean 62 as this is the exit row.

Swiss Tony Dec 8, 2006 7:49 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 6814272)

Ah, got you - 62 being infront of the exit, so A&K facing the exit space.

Smirnoff Dec 8, 2006 7:53 am

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 6814272)

Yep. And instead of a wall at the foot of 64K or a crying baby at the foot of 64A, you feet can dangle over the end. And if they're long enough you can play footsie with the stewardess in the jump seat.

JAP Dec 8, 2006 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Smirnoff (Post 6814376)
Yep. And instead of a wall at the foot of 64K or a crying baby at the foot of 64A, you feet can dangle over the end. And if they're long enough you can play footsie with the stewardess in the jump seat.

It was 2 stewards opposite me in 62K on my last ex-JFK, so I didn't end up playing footsie at all, although I know there might have been a few takers from the board here ;) :p

Gooner505 Dec 8, 2006 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by oldpenny16 (Post 6814266)
This new seating policy is not good! Can he use the BA club in Johannesburg?

Im in club so they have to let me in dont they? Space available of course.

Thanks for the help so far, im still not 100% sure about the JFK connection as I would love 62/64A/K for the flight.

How far from 62A along the side of the aircraft do those storage bins run as thats the beauty their seat height and I can put my feet on and legs on them.

Being tall is fantastic for many occassions but a burden when flying no matter what class. I recall flying QF in F not too long ago where I kept pushing the end of the seat quite hard as I was stretching and hearing a rather distinct cracking sound.