FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Christmas Films/TV Programmes on BA IFE (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/633306-christmas-films-tv-programmes-ba-ife.html)

ian001 Dec 7, 2006 1:05 pm

Christmas Films/TV Programmes on BA IFE

Just returned from JFK and I note there are no Christmas films or TV programmes on BA's IFE this month. What about any of:

It's A Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street
The Snowman
The Good Life - Silly But It's Fun
Wallace & Gromit - A Close Shave
The Simpsons Christmas Specials
Only Fools & Horses Christmas Specials
Morecambe & Wise Christmas Specials
Father Ted - A Christmassy Ted
The Office Christmas Specials
Knowing Me, Knowing Yule with Alan Partridge
The Royle Family Christmas Special

I don't subscribe to the view that there is a vast conspiracy by "the PC brigade" to stop the celebration of Christmas, but are passengers who don't celebrate Christmas really going to object to some Christmas programming on BA's IFE?

G-BOAC Dec 7, 2006 1:09 pm

Thank Christ (ha ha!) for that! There's enough of this rubbish on the damn TV back-to-back, the plane should be a haven from it all, just as it is a blessed refuge from mobiles and 'live' e-mails :D :D Bah, as they say, Humbug! ;)

krug Dec 7, 2006 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by G-BOAC (Post 6810204)
Thank Christ (ha ha!) for that! There's enough of this rubbish on the damn TV back-to-back, the plane should be a haven from it all, just as it is a blessed refuge from mobiles and 'live' e-mails :D :D Bah, as they say, Humbug! ;)

Concur! My second second of a G-BOAC post. Anyone would think we were having a torrid affair......

Swanhunter Dec 7, 2006 1:16 pm

Well, I'll make it a threesome of agreement. Sitting on SQ with a bizarre Christmas tree and crystal decoration hanging 6 inches from your head, after three hours of earbleedingly awful Christmas musak in the SKL I will be very happy to get on a non-festive BA plane.

Bah humbug yes, but 7 Christmases working in retail has left me scarred and resentful of the whole thing.

The _Banking_Scot Dec 7, 2006 1:22 pm

Hi,

Likewise I'm grateful for no Chirstmas IFE on the flights ( although maybe with AVOD next year there will be some christmas movies)

Regards

TBS

ian001 Dec 7, 2006 1:39 pm

:o Well that went down as well as sharing an F cabin for 15 hours with a passenger suffering from acute flatulence.

Originally Posted by G-BOAC (Post 6810204)
Bah, as they say, Humbug! ;)

Are you not even going to wrap some tinsel round your cattle prod? :p

thegoderic Dec 7, 2006 1:47 pm

I would gladly watch any of these films, even Only Fools and Horses Xmas Special three times over rather than sit though Pirates of the Caribbean II again which is the current prime offering on BA.

I made the mistake of watching it earlier this week while flying across the pond and it was a bit like having your eyes gouged out only slightly less pleasurable. Half way through I thought of changing channels, but the film had turned me into a zombie that sat there and watched it.

G-BOAC Dec 7, 2006 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by ian001 (Post 6810392)

:D Maybe I will. A touch. I don't hate Christmas really (certainly not in any PC kind of way!), honest...just 'it' being everywhere, all the time, months in advance rammed down your throat. Sometimes, some respite is nice. Oh, I do hate bloody Morecombe and Wise repeats though. "Classic" my father will label it and demand we watch it...again...before falling asleep well before the "classic" grapefruit bit (it's always that Breakfast skit!) ;) :D

Prospero Dec 7, 2006 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by ian001 (Post 6810392)

:D :D :D

sorry <with look of innocence> ;)

BahrainLad Dec 7, 2006 2:13 pm

Christmas in our family starts on Dec 16th...the traditional end-of-term at boarding schools where my brother and I would go home and put up the Christmas tree.

That said, I do remember watching Miracle on 34th on a BA flight in December 1992...

krug Dec 7, 2006 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by krug (Post 6810230)
Concur! My second second of a G-BOAC post. Anyone would think we were having a torrid affair......

Originally Posted by G-BOAC (Post 6810478)
:D Maybe I will. A touch. .... rammed down your throat. Sometimes, is nice.

Is there something you're not telling us?:confused: