Problems booking KUP fare on AA with BA telesales

Old Dec 5, 06, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lowest of the low in all airline programs but I am in the EZY FF Program!
Problems booking KUP fare on AA with BA telesales

Apologies for the cross posting but I thought the outcome of this might be useful to those who like me very rarely venture anywhere other than the BA Board.

I have tried to search for answers to this but I think the search engine has issues with searches of less than 4 characters.

on aa.com I priced up the following itinerary:-

BA209 LHR - MIA on 03 March 2007 @ 13:30 - Fare Basis DLAPGB
AA447 MIA - LAS on 03 March 2007 @ 21:50 - Fare Basis KUPP26T
AA1819 MIA - LAS on 08 March 2007 @ 07:45 - Fare Basis KUPP26T
BA206 MIA-LHR on 08 March 2007 @ 17:05 - Fare Basis DLAPGB

Average Fare Per Person - £ 3585.00
Tax & Charges £ 83.00
Total Price £ 3668.00
This gives me Business Class on the BA legs and First on AA.

For once booking this with BA prices out cheaper as the LHR-MIA legs are available in I class. I assume this is because of selective regional fare bucket availability.

The problem I have when booking it with BA is the MIA-LAS-MIA legs do not seem to auto upgrade to First. Looking at the PNR on aa.com it shows Cabin/Booking Class as Economy/K. The seat map is also for the economy cabin.

I've called AA twice and spoken to people who had no idea what a KUP fare was and insisted that K class was economy.

The simple answer is to book on aa.com but that is £300 more than BA are quoting and also loses me the double miles bonus for using my BA AMEX.

I am beginning to think that KUP fares can only be booked by AA? Is this correct or should BA be able to book them?
Old Dec 5, 06, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Gaza View Post
The problem I have when booking it with BA is the MIA-LAS-MIA legs do not seem to auto upgrade to First. Looking at the PNR on aa.com it shows Cabin/Booking Class as Economy/K. The seat map is also for the economy cabin.

I've called AA twice and spoken to people who had no idea what a KUP fare was and insisted that K class was economy.

The simple answer is to book on aa.com but that is £300 more than BA are quoting and also loses me the double miles bonus for using my BA AMEX.

I am beginning to think that KUP fares can only be booked by AA? Is this correct or should BA be able to book them?
Yes... I had similar problems in March/April this past year. I wanted YUP fare for MCO-LAX, SNA-DFW-IAH. I thought that booking it through BA would give me the extra BA Amex PP miles, BUT the BA agent could not be persuaded that YUP fares (economy fares booking straight into First) existed - think she thought that I was a nut case (probably true!). I gave up and booked on aa.com....

Posted my experience here and other posters seemed to have had exactly the same experience.... annoying! But if BA doesn't want our money...

Boo
Old Dec 5, 06, 7:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I had the same problem trying to book LGW-MCO-MIA-SFO-MIA-MCO-LGW as I couldn't find anyone that understood KUP fares. In the end I booked the AA and BA flights separately and swallowed the extra cost and loss of Amex BA miles
Old Dec 5, 06, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lowest of the low in all airline programs but I am in the EZY FF Program!
Originally Posted by Boo Boo Too View Post
Posted my experience here and other posters seemed to have had exactly the same experience.... annoying! But if BA doesn't want our money...
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy View Post
I had the same problem trying to book LGW-MCO-MIA-SFO-MIA-MCO-LGW as I couldn't find anyone that understood KUP fares. In the end I booked the AA and BA flights separately and swallowed the extra cost and loss of Amex BA miles
Not encouraging news.

It is not just the BA Telesales rep who had no idea what a KUP fare was it was also the two AA telesales reps I spoke to.

I've posted the question on the AA Board to see if any of their experts can shed light on the issue.

I could book the BA legs on ba.com and AA legs on aa.com but in addition to the triple miles I was looking for the security of through baggage check-in (I know I have to collect at MIA) and some protection if there were any delays.
Old Dec 5, 06, 8:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Not encouraging news.

It is not just the BA Telesales rep who had no idea what a KUP fare was it was also the two AA telesales reps I spoke to.

I've posted the question on the AA Board to see if any of their experts can shed light on the issue.

I could book the BA legs on ba.com and AA legs on aa.com but in addition to the triple miles I was looking for the security of through baggage check-in (I know I have to collect at MIA) and some protection if there were any delays.
What it *might* if being really pedantic is that I think there is a *chance* they can downgrade people on KUP fares to Coach if there were over-selling issues, etc on the day. Certainly would be those folk before the full fare F people. I wouldn't be surprised if the AA folk say someone along these lines.

I think in the fare rules there is even a mention of waitlisting for First class if the passenger doesn't want to travel in Coach or something along those lines.

As for EC credit, I think it is a sticky area and I think as it books into First class why you get the appropriate credit.

Very confusing I know.

I think BA want to be able to sell you a ticket 100% guaranteed to always keep you in First class on the AA connecting flight/codeshare etc.
Old Dec 5, 06, 8:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President

I wouldn't count on the through baggage - checked in at MIA (what a zoo!) for flight to MCO and then LGW and we were told our bags were checked through to LGW. Being a trusting soul I checked and one bag came off at MCO and one was checked through to LGW. The very unfriendly AA staff at MCO said that sometimes it goes through and sometimes it doesn't and BTW it's not their problem anyway
Old Dec 5, 06, 8:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy View Post
I wouldn't count on the through baggage - checked in at MIA (what a zoo!) for flight to MCO and then LGW and we were told our bags were checked through to LGW. Being a trusting soul I checked and one bag came off at MCO and one was checked through to LGW. The very unfriendly AA staff at MCO said that sometimes it goes through and sometimes it doesn't and BTW it's not their problem anyway
Not done it onwards at MCO or MIA however done it A LOT from DFW onwards to LAS on separate tickets with AA from a BA flight before they noticed Flyclub was doing it for years, noticed it worked rather well then thought "Hey lets make it a codeshare anyway at DFW to LAS"
Old Dec 5, 06, 8:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

Gaza, you say BA quoted a different fare, £300 cheaper than AA.com. Could it be that BA res has no access or perhaps failed to access KUPP26T fares and are constructing its through fare from different, non upgradeable K class fares?
Old Dec 5, 06, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
Gaza, you say BA quoted a different fare, £300 cheaper than AA.com. Could it be that BA res has no access or perhaps failed to access KUPP26T fares and are constructing its through fare from different, non upgradeable K class fares?
The reason the fare is cheaper is on aa.com the outbound leg from LHR to MIA is booking in to D rather than I. It seems that reginal fare buckets are working against me on this occasions.

One AA rep I spoke to did say the fare basis was KQ???? rather than KUPP26T. It could well be the case that KUPP26T fares can only be booked by AA.
Old Dec 5, 06, 8:39 am

You can through-check your bags anyway - we did SNA-DFW-IAH (on AA YUP ticket) and IAH-LGW (BA MFU ticket). The bags were checked all the way from SNA-LGW. I THINK that they made it... embarrassingly they didn't come out quickly from our flight, so we assumed they hadn't made it. We reported them as missing, were told that they would be in the next day and delivered to our home address... however, they were delievered to our home later that same night (so I assume that we were just being pesimistic and they HAD arrived on our flight....).

The main drawback - apart from the extra BA Amex miles - may be you not making your connect.... this is what worried me. If we didn't get to IAH in time for our IAH-LGW flight, what would BA have done...? Would they have nice and put us on the next available flight in Club... who knows.

Boo
Old Dec 5, 06, 8:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

The reason the fare is cheaper is on aa.com the outbound leg from LHR to MIA is booking in to D rather than I. It seems that reginal fare buckets are working against me on this occasions.

One AA rep I spoke to did say the fare basis was KQ???? rather than KUPP26T. It could well be the case that KUPP26T fares can only be booked by AA.
If the fare basis begins KQ, then it would definitely seem to be of the non-upgradeable K variety. There are so many different sub fares it can be mind boggling at times.

Expedia may be able to sell KUP's. It certainly offered YUP's in the past but even though, a mixed class through booking may prove too hot for it to handle.
Old Dec 5, 06, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
If the fare basis begins KQ, then it would definitely seem to be of the non-upgradeable K variety. There are so many different sub fares it can be mind boggling at times.

Expedia may be able to sell KUP's. It certainly offered YUP's in the past but even though, a mixed class through booking may prove too hot for it to handle.
SORTED

Thanks G. Your suggestion to try Expedia helped point me and BA in the right direction.

I went on to Expedia and used the option to build the itinerary manually. It can back in the way I wnated. I then looked at the fare rules:-

Code:
To: Las Vegas, NV, United States (LAS-All Airports)
(and return)
Fare Basis Code: KUPPR26T  

MIALAS-AA  6DEC06      *RULE DISPLAY*     TARIFF 0011 RULE 5000
   -FARE BASIS         USD       TAX       TOTAL    PTC  FT
KUPPR26T        R    872.56     65.44      938.00   ADT  NL
KUPPR26T/IN00   R      0.00      0.00        0.00   INF  NL
KUPPR26T/INF50  R    436.28     32.72      469.00   INS  NL
BOOKING CODES        P
FIRST TRAVEL    - 2NOV06
SEASONS     - NO RESTRICTION
PENALTIES   - SEE TEXT RULE
              SEE TEXT RULE
DAY/TIME    - NO RESTRICTION
ADV RES/TKT - WAITLISTING NOT PERMITTED
              ALL SEGMENTS MUST BE CONFIRMED
MIN STAY    - NO RESTRICTION
MAX STAY    - NO RESTRICTION
BLACKOUTS   - TO MIA   01FEB07-03FEB07
              FROM MIA   05FEB07-06FEB07
SURCHARGES  - NONE
STOPOVERS   - NOT PERMITTED
TRANSFERS   - NO RESTRICTION
FLT APPLIC  - FOR TRAVEL ON/BEFORE 13DEC 06
              MUST NOT BE VIA AA FLT 1-4 10 FLT 15-16
              FLT 19-22 30 FLT 32-34 40 59 FLT 117-
              118 133 FLT 178-179 FLT 180-181 185 201
              242 245 295 383 1520 SUN/MON/TUE/WED
              FURTHER RESTR APPLY SEE TEXT RULE
CHILD DISC  - INF UNDER 2 YRS FREE NO SEAT
              1ST-2ND INS UNDER 2 YRS 50 PCT WITH SEAT
OTHER DISC  - RULE 6020 DFR3 PASSENGER OCCUPYING TWO SEATS
              APPLIES.
COMBINABLTY - SEE TEXT RULE
ELIGIBILITY - NO RESTRICTION
ACCOM PSGR  - NO RESTRICTION
TRVL RESTR  - NO RESTRICTION
SALES RESTR - TKT BY MAIL PTA MECH SELF PTA-TKT PERMITTED
NEGOTIATED  - NO RESTRICTION
TKT ENDORSE - NO RESTRICTION
APPLICATION - SEE TEXT RULE
MISC TAGS   - SEE TEXT RULE
INDUSTRY FARE TYPE -  ER - ECONOMY RESTRICTED
PFCS MAY VARY BY RTG
ROUTING    2    FROM  MIA-AA-STL-AA-
             OR FROM  MIA-AA-CHI-AA-SEA-AA-
             OR FROM  MIA-AA-BNA-AA-DFW-AA-
             OR FROM  MIA-AA-BNA-AA-STL-AA-
             OR FROM  MIA-AA-FYV/STL-AA-
             OR FROM  MIA-AA-AUS-AA-STL-AA-
                  TO  SNA/SJC-AA-LAS*
             OR   TO  SNA/SEA/LAX-AA-LAS*
My attention was drawn to the "Booking Code" line highlighted above. It showed "P" rather than "K". I made a quick call back to BA Telesales and asked them to change the booking class from "K" to "P". He confirmed the fare basis had changed from KAOZT to KUPP26T.

I them went in to www.checkmytrip.com and saw the AA flights now confirmed in F.

This could be worth adding to the sticky.
Old Dec 5, 06, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Gaza;6795983My attention was drawn to the "Booking Code" line highlighted above. It showed "P" rather than "K". I made a quick call back to BA Telesales and asked them to change the booking class from "K" to "P". He confirmed the fare basis had changed from [B
KAOZT [/B]to KUPP26T.

I them went in to www.checkmytrip.com and saw the AA flights now confirmed in F.

Yes you did well there as this bit is quite mis-leading:

Code:
Before there was a "FIRST CLASS RESTRICTED" option on AA.com, choosing Economy unrestricted was the only way to pick up on the YUP fares (as they were a few years ago).
Old Dec 5, 06, 7:30 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyclub View Post
Yes you did well there as this bit is quite mis-leading:

Code:
Before there was a "FIRST CLASS RESTRICTED" option on AA.com, choosing Economy unrestricted was the only way to pick up on the YUP fares (as they were a few years ago).
It's a technicality, that would not normally come into play, unless there is an irregular operations situation and the PAX requests to be accommodated in F cabin on another carrier, in which case UA would be in a position to argue that the PAX has purchased an economy fare ...

[KVS Availability Tool 2.5.3/Platinum - ZUJ: MIA-LAS/AA/KUPP26T/873 USD]
Code:
ECONOMY CLASS RESTRICTED     NORMAL FARE

[BK CODE]
P -

[PENALTY]
NOTE - CHANGES ARE PERMITTED PROVIDED APPLICABLE INVENTORY IS AVAILABLE.
OTHERWISE/ TICKET MUST BE EXCHANGED FOR ANOTHER FARE. --- FULL REFUND
WILL BE MADE FOR WHOLLY UNUSED TICKETS. FOR PARTIALLY USED TICKETS/
THE REFUND WILL BE THE AMT PAID MINUS THE NORMAL ONE WAY FARE APPLICABLE
TO THE TRANSPORTATION USED. --- PSGRS HOLDING CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS
AND TKTS MAY STANDBY FOR AA NONSTOP AND/OR CONNECTING FLIGHTS
BETWEEN THE SAME ORIGIN AND DESTINATION AIRPORTS. THERE IS NO ADDITIONAL
COST PROVIDED THE NEW FLIGHT/S AND ROUTING ARE APPLICABLE FOR THE
FARE CHARGED. IF THE CHANGE IS   NOT APPLICABLE FOR THE FARE CHARGED
E.G. INVALID ROUTING/ AIRPORT/ ADVANCE RES/TKG/ ETC/ THE PASSENGER MUST
PAY THE DIFFERENCE IN FARES. UNLESS RESTRICTED BY THE FARE CHARGED/
WHEN TICKETED FROM/TO CHI/HOU/NYC/WAS/DFW THE PSGR MAY CHECK-IN AND
STANDBY FROM/TO ONE OF THE AIRPORTS LISTED CITY AIRPORTS CHI MDW/ORD
HOU  HOU/IAH NYC EWR/JFK/LGA WAS DCA/IAD DFW DFW/DAL IF FIRST CLASS
CABIN IS NOT AVAILABLE/ THE PSGR WILL BE ACCOMMODATED IN THE COACH CABIN
SUBJECT TO ITS AVAILABILITY OR PSGR MAY ELECT TO STANDBY FOR FIRST
CLASS ON ANOTHER FLIGHT

[RES/TKTG]
SGMTS USING THIS RULE MUST BE CONFIRMED.

[SEASONS]
NO SEASON RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

[BLACKOUTS]
FOR TRAVEL FROM MIA TO LAS TRAVEL IS NOT VALID 5-6FEB07. OR FOR TRAVEL
FROM LAS TO MIA TRAVEL IS NOT VALID 1-3FEB07.

[FLT APPL]
APPLY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FLIGHT PROVISIONS ----------------------PROVISION
1------------------------ IF TRAVEL FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN COMMENCES
ON/BEFORE 13DEC06, THEN APPLIES TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT AA 1-4/10/AA
15-16/AA 19-22/30/AA 32-34/40/59/AA 117-118/133/AA 178-179/AA 180-181/185/201/242/245/295/383/1520
ON MON/ TUE/WED/THU/FRI/SUN AND IF
TRAVEL FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN COMMENCES ON/BEFORE 13DEC06, THEN APPLIES
TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT AA 1-4/10/AA 15-16/AA 18-22/30/AA 32-34/40/59/AA
117-118/133/AA 177-179/AA 180-181/185/201/242/245/295/383/1520
ON SAT AND IF TRAVEL FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN COMMENCES BETWEEN 14DEC06
AND 7APR07, THEN APPLIES TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT AA 1-4/10/AA 15-16/AA
18-22/30/AA 32-34/40/59/AA 117-118/133/ 177/AA 180-181/185/201/242/245/295/383/1520
ON MON/TUE/ WED/THU/FRI/SUN AND IF TRAVEL FROM THE
POINT OF ORIGIN COMMENCES BETWEEN 14DEC06 AND 7APR07, THEN APPLIES TO
ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT AA 1-4/10/AA 15-16/AA 18-22/30/AA 32-34/40/59/AA
117-118/133/ 177/AA 178-179/AA 180-181/185/201/242/245/295/383/1520 ON
SAT AND IF TRAVEL FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN COMMENCES ON/AFTER 8APR07,
THEN APPLIES TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT AA 1-4/10/AA 15-16/AA 18-22/30/AA
32-34/40/59/AA 117-118/133/177/AA 180-181/185/201/242/245/295/383/1520
AND APPLIES TO AA 1-2799. ----------------------PROVISION 2------------------------
IF TRAVEL FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN COMMENCES ON/BEFORE
13DEC06, THEN APPLIES TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT AA 1-4/10/AA 15-16/AA
19-22/30/AA 32-34/40/59/AA 117-118/133/AA 178-179/AA 180-181/185/201/242/245/295/383/1520
ON MON/ TUE/WED/THU/FRI/SUN AND IF TRAVEL FROM
THE POINT OF ORIGIN COMMENCES ON/BEFORE 13DEC06, THEN APPLIES TO ANY
FLIGHT EXCEPT AA 1-4/10/AA 15-16/AA 18-22/30/AA 32-34/40/59/AA 117-118/133/AA
177-179/AA 180-181/185/201/242/245/295/383/1520 ON SAT AND IF
TRAVEL FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN COMMENCES BETWEEN 14DEC06 AND 7APR07,
THEN APPLIES TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT AA 1-4/10/AA 15-16/AA 18-22/30/AA
32-34/40/59/AA 117-118/133/ 177/AA 180-181/185/201/242/245/295/383/1520
ON MON/TUE/ WED/THU/FRI/SUN AND IF TRAVEL FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN
COMMENCES BETWEEN 14DEC06 AND 7APR07, THEN APPLIES TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT
AA 1-4/10/AA 15-16/AA 18-22/30/AA 32-34/40/59/AA 117-118/133/ 177/AA
178-179/AA 180-181/185/201/242/245/295/383/1520 ON SAT AND IF TRAVEL
FROM THE POINT OF ORIGIN COMMENCES ON/AFTER 8APR07, THEN APPLIES
TO ANY FLIGHT EXCEPT AA 1-4/10/AA 15-16/AA 18-22/30/AA 32-34/40/59/AA
117-118/133/177/AA 180-181/185/201/242/245/295/383/1520 AND APPLIES
TO AA 1-2799 AND ANY AA FLIGHT.

[STOPOVERS]
NO ENROUTE STOPOVERS PERMITTED.  A STOPOVER OCCURS WHEN THE PASSENGER
DOES NOT DEPART AN INTERMEDIATE POINT WITHIN 4 HOURS.

[TICKET RESTRICTIONS]
TICKETS MAY BE ISSUED: BY TICKETS BY MAIL BY PTA AND SATISFIES TICKETING
REQUIREMENTS NOTE: TICKETS MAY BE ISSUED BY SELF TICKETS/WRITE YOUR
OWN TICKETS.

[DISCOUNTS]
50 PCT OF THE ADT FARE IS CHARGED FOR AN INS PSGR UNDER 2 YRS OF AGE.
ONLY 2 PSGRS ARE PERMITTED AT THIS DISCOUNT PER ADT PSGR. INS PSGR MUST
BE ACCOMPANIED ON ALL SGMTS BY AN ADT PSGR TRAVELING IN THE SAME COMPARTMENT.
- - - - NO FARE IS CHARGED FOR AN INF PSGR UNDER 2 YRS OF
AGE NOT OCCUPYING A SEAT. INF PSGR MUST BE ACCOMPANIED ON ALL SGMTS
BY AN ADT PSGR TRAVELING IN THE SAME COMPARTMENT. *** NOTE - RULE 6020
DFR3 PASSENGER OCCUPYING TWO SEATS APPLIES.

[REROUTE]
SEE PENALTY.

[TRANSFERS]
UNLIMITED TRANSFERS AS PERMITTED ON THE ROUTING.

[COMBINATIONS]
CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO CIRCLE TRIP/SINGLE OR DOUBLE OPEN JAW - -MAY
BE COMBINED WITH ANY ONE WAY/ROUND TRIP FARE GOVERNED BY ANY RULE IN
ANY TARIFF VIA ANY CARRIER. -MOST RESTRICTIVE CONDITIONS APPLY. NOTE:
WHEN COMBINED WITH HALF ROUND TRIP FARES TO FORM ROUND/CIRCLE/OPEN JAW
TRIPS THE MOST RESTRICTIVE CONDITIONS APPLY. THESE INCLUDE MINIMUM/MAXIMUM
STAY /RESERVATION/TICKETING REQUIREMENTS/STOPOVER PROVISIONS
AND CANCELLATION/CHANGE PENALTIES/ SERVICE CHARGES OR COMBINATION PROVISIONS.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS APPLY CIRCLE TRIP   - -PERMITTED. -UNLIMITED
FARE BREAKS/STOPOVERS PERMITTED. OPEN JAW      - -SINGLE OPEN
JAW PERMITTED AT EITHER ORIGIN OR DESTINATION. DOUBLE OPEN JAW PERMITTED.
END-ON-END    - -PERMITTED. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA THE FARE COMBINATION
POINT. CO-TERMINALS  - -THE FOLLOWING GROUPS OF CITIES ARE CONSIDERED
TO BE THE SAME POINT BUR - SNA - LAX - ONT - LGB, EWR - HPN - ISP
- NYC, OAK - SFO - SJC, BWI - WAS, FLL - MIA.

[OPEN RTN]
NOT ALLOWED.

[REFUNDS]
SEE PENALTY.

[CO-TERMINALS]
-THE FOLLOWING GROUPS OF CITIES ARE CONSIDERED TO BE THE SAME POINT BUR
- SNA - LAX - ONT - LGB, EWR - HPN - ISP - NYC, OAK - SFO - SJC, BWI
- WAS, FLL - MIA.

[MISC]
WAITLIST NOT PERMITTED. NOTE - ///---///---///---///---///---///---///---///---//
1.PASSENGERS HOLDING CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS AND TICKETS MAY
STANDBY FOR EARLIER/LATER SAME DAY AA NONSTOP AND/OR CONNECTING FLIGHTS
BETWEEN THE SAME ORIGIN AND DESTINATION AIRPORTS WITHOUT CHARGE
PROVIDED THE ROUTING IS APPLICABLE FOR THE FARE CHARGED. IF FIRST CLASS
CABIN IS NOT AVAILABLE/ THE PSGR WILL BE ACCOMMODATED IN THE COACH
CABIN SUBJECT TO ITS AVAILABILITY OR PSGR MAY ELECT TO STANDBY FOR
FIRST CLASS ON ANOTHER FLIGHT. ///---///---///---///---///---///---///---///---//
A.WHEN TICKETED TO/FROM CHI/HOU/NYC/WAS/DFW -- CHECK FLIGHT
   APPLICATION FOR ANY AIRPORT RESTRICTION. //--- ///---///---///---///---///---///---///---///---//
2. OPEN  THIS FARE MAY NOT BE USED
TO CALCULATE A DIFFERENTIAL.  FARE MAY NOT BE USED IN DIFFERENTIAL
FARE CONSTRUCTION.
Old Dec 5, 06, 10:03 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Apologies for the cross posting but I thought the outcome of this might be useful to those who like me very rarely venture anywhere other than the BA Board.

My attention was drawn to the "Booking Code" line highlighted above. It showed "P" rather than "K". I made a quick call back to BA Telesales and asked them to change the booking class from "K" to "P". He confirmed the fare basis had changed from KAOZT to KUPP26T.

FYI:

Code:
 1.  WSSLHR‡TLHR                                                
       BASE FARE                     TAXES             TOTAL    
      GBP3510.00                    157.30XT      GBP3667.30ADT 
    XT     40.00GB      13.00UB      14.60US       2.50YC       
            3.50XY       2.50XA       3.90AY      75.00YQ       
            2.30XF                                              
         3510.00                    157.30           3667.30TTL 
ADT-01  DLAPGB KUPPR26T KUPP26T DLAPGB                          
   LAST DAY TO PURCHASE 08DEC                                   
LON BA MIA2875.37DLAPGB AA LAS436.28KUPPR26T AA MIA436.28 KU