757 LHR-MAN: Door 1L or 2L?

Old Dec 5, 06, 7:10 am
Original Poster

757 LHR-MAN: Door 1L or 2L?

Is there a pattern to whether they use 1L or 2L on the 757 fleet at either LHR or MAN? Probably not but I thought it was worth asking at least.
Old Dec 5, 06, 7:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

At LHR, I have occasionally boarded a UK domestic 757 through door 2L and also 4L but this has only occurred after being bused to an awaiting aircraft parked at an international stand. At the gate 5 cluster or gates 78+, boarding is consistently channelled via 1L.
Old Dec 5, 06, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold; SQ PPS; UA Gold; LH FTL; Flying Blue Silver; Starwood Gold; ICHG AMB; Hyatt Platinum;
Only done LHR-MAN or vice versa on a 757 a few times, but can never remember boarding or disembarking via any door other than 1L.

This contrasts with 757's on international routes from LHR, where I have seen either 1L or 2L being used.
Old Dec 5, 06, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Ditto this. The only time I can recall using 2L at LHR has been on a remote (or intl stand for domestic flight) stand, or on occasion at NCL when the airbridge hasn't been working - they pull the plane right forward so the steps won't fit by 1L

Interestingly, the US carriers seem to use 2L as a matter of course on the 757's, even with an airbridge attached.
Old Dec 5, 06, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Interesting. We disembarked via 2L on a recent return flight from BCN, which is why I asked the question. Looks like that might have been the exception rather than the rule?
Old Dec 5, 06, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; SQ PPS; UA Gold; LH FTL; Flying Blue Silver; Starwood Gold; ICHG AMB; Hyatt Platinum;
Originally Posted by aristoph View Post
Interesting. We disembarked via 2L on a recent return flight from BCN, which is why I asked the question. Looks like that might have been the exception rather than the rule?
I have seen 757's using airbridges attached to 2L at LHR T1 international gates, so it's definitely possible there. The domestic gates, on the other hand, always seem to use 1L.

Some airlines (LH springs to mind) use 2L all the time for their A321 fleet, at least at "home" airports. Not sure what the BA policy is for A321's.
Old Dec 5, 06, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by House View Post
I have seen 757's using airbridges attached to 2L at LHR T1 international gates, so it's definitely possible there. The domestic gates, on the other hand, always seem to use 1L.
Apologies. Re-reading your first post I see you had already made that distinction. Thanks.
Old Dec 5, 06, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by aristoph View Post
Apologies. Re-reading your first post I see you had already made that distinction. Thanks.
No problem - I misread your original post as being specific to the LHR-MAN route. I need to read more slowly!
Old Dec 5, 06, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by House View Post
No problem - I misread your original post as being specific to the LHR-MAN route. I need to read more slowly!
No you're right, it was.

Search this Thread