Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A bit underwhelmed by JFK First / Terraces Lounges - am I normal ?!

Old Dec 3, 06, 3:42 pm
JAP
Original Poster

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond

Just arrived home from my first trip thru JFK on BA for a while and wasn't overly impressed by the lounges ....

Not much in the way of food in the First Lounge - had to go thru to the Terraces to have pre-flight dining. One out of 3 PCs on the blink in the F lounge, and another not working in the Terraces - I wondered why no one was using them
F Lounge was also smaller than I imagined ....

Both lounges became very packed around 530ish, and I actually went out into the terminal proper for some space

Dining was good enough, but I have to admit, I was expecting a different experience, based on the notes on this board. Maybe I was just having a bad day ? (All shopped-out from the city on Fri/Sat!!! )

I still prefer LHR T1 F Lounge ..... Your thoughts ?
Old Dec 3, 06, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by JAP View Post
Your thoughts ?
Plenty of thoughts here, just to pick a relatively recent thread.
Old Dec 3, 06, 9:39 pm

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
I think the First lounge is for Golds a little like the T4 'First' lounge. Also OW F pax. The BA F pax get the CR which I've never tried (either QF F or BA J every time I've been through). So I agree: its better than the main terminal in rush hour and quieter than the Terraces but pretty run of the mill as F lounges go.
Old Dec 3, 06, 11:50 pm
Suspended

Walking into CR at JFK is like "I know who that is" and wow, "look whose slurping some soup." Very nice and comfortable seating and never seems particularly busy.
Old Dec 4, 06, 1:53 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Just arrived home from my first trip thru JFK on BA for a while and wasn't overly impressed by the lounges ....
To borrow a line from Basil Fawlty: "What did you expect, Krakatoa erupting?"
Old Dec 4, 06, 2:16 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by virtualtroy View Post
... or the Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the African plain...
Old Dec 4, 06, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by James S View Post
Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the African plain...
Ahh - like the London CR at rush hour (except without the "majestically" or "African").
Old Dec 4, 06, 5:04 am
JAP
Original Poster

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by virtualtroy View Post
Well, not quite erupting, but an F Lounge with a Krakatoan-like mountain of food & drink would have been nice

Originally Posted by James S View Post
... or the Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the African plain...
And not quite Opera House entertainment, but more in the way of operational PCs, and TVs would also help .... Any sort of gardens / foliage would also be nice, and if not herds of sweeping (wildebeest) staff, at least one or two, rather than none as was the case for most of the time in the Lounge

Anyway, I had been led to believe from previous posters that this was the nirvana of Lounge areas, but for me, probably not ....

Just goes to show how spoiled I have become - However 62K was supreb, and the gallon of pre-flight champers helped with a very restful sleep !
Old Dec 4, 06, 5:11 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Other than Virgin maybe, can anybody advise if there is a Better Lounge at JFK with any other airline?
Old Dec 4, 06, 5:41 am

Anyway, I had been led to believe from previous posters that this was the nirvana of Lounge areas, but for me, probably not ....
At JFK the CR would lay a better claim to be the nirvana of lounge areas.
Old Dec 4, 06, 7:49 am

Programs: AA3MMEXP, BAGold,UA1MMPremGold,FBSilver, MarriottAmb, AccorPlat, HHGold, ICPlatAmb, HyattDiscoverist
I was disappointed with the JFK F lounge until I saw the one in T4!
I agree the food is quite disappointing, but I'm quite fond of the Perrier-Jouet.

Search this Thread