FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   A bit underwhelmed by JFK First / Terraces Lounges - am I normal ?! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/631714-bit-underwhelmed-jfk-first-terraces-lounges-am-i-normal.html)

JAP Dec 3, 2006 2:42 pm

A bit underwhelmed by JFK First / Terraces Lounges - am I normal ?!

Just arrived home from my first trip thru JFK on BA for a while and wasn't overly impressed by the lounges ....

Not much in the way of food in the First Lounge - had to go thru to the Terraces to have pre-flight dining. One out of 3 PCs on the blink in the F lounge, and another not working in the Terraces - I wondered why no one was using them ;)
F Lounge was also smaller than I imagined ....

Both lounges became very packed around 530ish, and I actually went out into the terminal proper for some space :eek:

Dining was good enough, but I have to admit, I was expecting a different experience, based on the notes on this board. Maybe I was just having a bad day ? (All shopped-out from the city on Fri/Sat!!! :D )

I still prefer LHR T1 F Lounge ..... Your thoughts ?

timol Dec 3, 2006 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by JAP (Post 6786258)
Your thoughts ?

Plenty of thoughts here, just to pick a relatively recent thread.

whmere Dec 3, 2006 8:39 pm

I think the First lounge is for Golds a little like the T4 'First' lounge. Also OW F pax. The BA F pax get the CR which I've never tried (either QF F or BA J every time I've been through). So I agree: its better than the main terminal in rush hour and quieter than the Terraces but pretty run of the mill as F lounges go.

elitetraveler Dec 3, 2006 10:50 pm

Walking into CR at JFK is like "I know who that is" and wow, "look whose slurping some soup." Very nice and comfortable seating and never seems particularly busy.

virtualtroy Dec 4, 2006 12:53 am

Originally Posted by JAP (Post 6786258)
Just arrived home from my first trip thru JFK on BA for a while and wasn't overly impressed by the lounges ....

To borrow a line from Basil Fawlty: "What did you expect, Krakatoa erupting?"

James S Dec 4, 2006 1:16 am

Originally Posted by virtualtroy (Post 6788732)

... or the Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the African plain...

eutow Dec 4, 2006 2:34 am

Originally Posted by James S (Post 6788767)
Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the African plain...

Ahh - like the London CR at rush hour (except without the "majestically" or "African"). ;)

JAP Dec 4, 2006 4:04 am

Originally Posted by virtualtroy (Post 6788732)

Well, not quite erupting, but an F Lounge with a Krakatoan-like mountain of food & drink would have been nice :p

Originally Posted by James S (Post 6788767)
... or the Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the African plain...

And not quite Opera House entertainment, but more in the way of operational PCs, and TVs would also help .... Any sort of gardens / foliage would also be nice, and if not herds of sweeping (wildebeest) staff, at least one or two, rather than none as was the case for most of the time in the Lounge :rolleyes:

Anyway, I had been led to believe from previous posters that this was the nirvana of Lounge areas, but for me, probably not ....

Just goes to show how spoiled I have become :eek: ;) - However 62K was supreb, and the gallon of pre-flight champers helped with a very restful sleep ! :D

UncleDude Dec 4, 2006 4:11 am

Other than Virgin maybe, can anybody advise if there is a Better Lounge at JFK with any other airline?

eutow Dec 4, 2006 4:41 am

Originally Posted by JAP (Post 6789053)
Anyway, I had been led to believe from previous posters that this was the nirvana of Lounge areas, but for me, probably not ....

At JFK the CR would lay a better claim to be the nirvana of lounge areas.

rfrost Dec 4, 2006 6:49 am

I was disappointed with the JFK F lounge until I saw the one in T4!
I agree the food is quite disappointing, but I'm quite fond of the Perrier-Jouet.