Is there likely to be a pre/post-xmas sale?

Old Dec 3, 06, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Is there likely to be a pre/post-xmas sale?

As the title suggests i'm curious to know when the next BA sale will be? I'm likely to be heading to MAD for a day/overnight trip in early March, currently the cheapest I can get down to for ET is ~90 return or ~175 in 'D' as there is no I class availability for the timings I need.

During the last sale a few friends of mine managed to get tickets on BA via AAnother website for 47 return in ET... For such short trips, being in (or out of as the case shall be) CE doesn't really bother me, especially given i've already got lounge access etc...
Old Dec 3, 06, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA 1P, CO Plat, SPG Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdorling View Post
During the last sale a few friends of mine managed to get tickets on BA via AAnother website for 47 return in ET...
That was likely before AAnother airline fixed the missing BA fuel surcharge by adding it to the base fare

BTW: 175 in D (return) sounds rather cheap. E.g. I-class LGW-AMS return is about 160, and from LHR more like 220.
Old Dec 3, 06, 6:18 am

Programs: FB Ivory, BD Silver, BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, Goldpoints plus Silver
Wink

You could wait until January... They are likely to have a sale...
I remember the july sale... when I stocked up on several
LGW-TLS for 47 *return of course* on BA.com!
(sale + extra 10 discount = fare itself was 0, only paid the airport taxes, and put that my UK BA AMex PP billing address COUNTRY was France... by mistake...)
However, also booked a few trips to Barcelona... and because it is a very popular destination, i only saved 10 or 20...
Madrid is often the same...
So many Spanish in London
WHich is nice

PS: It's always nice to geet an e-ticket receipt showing the fare for 0 and to get the *FEW* miles...
Old Dec 3, 06, 10:36 am
Suspended

December 28

Though of course there are weekly offers which you can view by selecting the Offers section on your BAEC homepage, BA has pretty reliably had a sale every year which starts around December 28 and lasts all month - get in early though as the best dates sell out.

It is *normally* restricted to Y wiith a few WT+ offers.

The Club World sale ended Last week, November 30.

Remember you get 10% off year round for being a shareholder, 15% if you purchase in December.
Old Dec 3, 06, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
Might be an idea to get some bookings in and paid for before the rapacious G Broon takes a whack at air travel taxes on Wednesday...
Old Dec 3, 06, 11:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chippy63 View Post
Might be an idea to get some bookings in and paid for before the rapacious G Broon takes a whack at air travel taxes on Wednesday...

I think it's only the pre-budget report, so unlikely to deliver any actual tax hikes, but is VERY likely to announce a doubling of domestic air passenger tax - the sooner this leftie loon is in power, shown up for the state centric nutter he is, and voted out, the better.

And David Cameron is kinda hot , too!
Old Dec 3, 06, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
As toulousebloke said, there will probably be a "world sale" of sorts in January. I remember when I was in England last January, I don't think I could walk a block in London without seeing one of BA's ads in a variety of places.
Old Dec 3, 06, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
Fair enough, Krug.
Old Dec 3, 06, 3:12 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by krug View Post
And David Cameron is kinda hot , too!

Can we now also have a "Report Bad Taste" button on Ft too!!

Search this Thread