FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Is there likely to be a pre/post-xmas sale? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/631536-there-likely-pre-post-xmas-sale.html)

sdorling Dec 3, 2006 4:35 am

Is there likely to be a pre/post-xmas sale?

As the title suggests i'm curious to know when the next BA sale will be? I'm likely to be heading to MAD for a day/overnight trip in early March, currently the cheapest I can get down to for ET is ~£90 return or ~£175 in 'D' as there is no I class availability for the timings I need.

During the last sale a few friends of mine managed to get tickets on BA via AAnother website for £47 return in ET... For such short trips, being in (or out of as the case shall be) CE doesn't really bother me, especially given i've already got lounge access etc...

frankvb Dec 3, 2006 5:01 am

Originally Posted by sdorling (Post 6783947)
During the last sale a few friends of mine managed to get tickets on BA via AAnother website for £47 return in ET...

That was likely before AAnother airline fixed the missing BA fuel surcharge by adding it to the base fare @:-)

BTW: £175 in D (return) sounds rather cheap. E.g. I-class LGW-AMS return is about £160, and from LHR more like £220.

toulousebloke Dec 3, 2006 5:18 am

You could wait until January... They are likely to have a sale...
I remember the july sale... when I stocked up on several
LGW-TLS for £47 *return of course* on BA.com!
(sale + extra £10 discount = fare itself was £0, only paid the airport taxes, and put that my UK BA AMex PP billing address COUNTRY was France... by mistake...)
However, also booked a few trips to Barcelona... and because it is a very popular destination, i only saved £10 or £20...
Madrid is often the same...
So many Spanish in London :cool:
WHich is nice :p

PS: It's always nice to geet an e-ticket receipt showing the fare for £0 and to get the *FEW* miles...

krug Dec 3, 2006 9:36 am

December 28

Though of course there are weekly offers which you can view by selecting the Offers section on your BAEC homepage, BA has pretty reliably had a sale every year which starts around December 28 and lasts all month - get in early though as the best dates sell out.

It is *normally* restricted to Y wiith a few WT+ offers.

The Club World sale ended Last week, November 30.

Remember you get 10% off year round for being a shareholder, 15% if you purchase in December.

chippy63 Dec 3, 2006 10:42 am

Might be an idea to get some bookings in and paid for before the rapacious G Broon takes a whack at air travel taxes on Wednesday...

krug Dec 3, 2006 10:58 am

Originally Posted by chippy63 (Post 6785216)
Might be an idea to get some bookings in and paid for before the rapacious G Broon takes a whack at air travel taxes on Wednesday...

I think it's only the pre-budget report, so unlikely to deliver any actual tax hikes, but is VERY likely to announce a doubling of domestic air passenger tax - the sooner this leftie loon is in power, shown up for the state centric nutter he is, and voted out, the better.

And David Cameron is kinda hot :D , too!

terpfan101 Dec 3, 2006 1:18 pm

As toulousebloke said, there will probably be a "world sale" of sorts in January. I remember when I was in England last January, I don't think I could walk a block in London without seeing one of BA's ads in a variety of places.

chippy63 Dec 3, 2006 2:09 pm

Fair enough, Krug.

AJLondon Dec 3, 2006 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by krug (Post 6785309)
And David Cameron is kinda hot :D , too!

:eek: :eek:

Can we now also have a "Report Bad Taste" button on Ft too!! :p ;)