OT: Hotels in Jerusalem

Old Dec 3, 06, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
OT: Hotels in Jerusalem

Yes, I know there's a hotels / country forum but would rather get the wisdom of a few BA FT'ers than Fanny from Omaha.

Got an upcoming (non-work) trip to Jerusalem and the King David, where I normally stay is full to the ramparts, while the American Colony has hiked its prices.

So of the other choices, any first hand experience / suggestions:

David Citadel (formerly the Hilton) - great location, beside the King David, but alas fully booked.

The Regency Jerusalem (formerly the Hyatt) - guaranteed view of the Old City, but otherwise the type of modern resort hotel I loathe. Locations seems a bit inconvenient too - 10 mins by taxi to the Old City and 45 mins walking.

The Olive Tree - web site made me smile, but not convinced for the right reasons

Inbal - location seems more handy for the Old City, but a bit of a concrete monster.

The American Colony - rooms available, but at roughly double the asking price for any of the above.
Old Dec 3, 06, 7:56 am
FF

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
Originally Posted by virtualtroy View Post
Yes, I know there's a hotels / country forum but would rather get the wisdom of a few BA FT'ers than Fanny from Omaha.

Got an upcoming (non-work) trip to Jerusalem and the King David, where I normally stay is full to the ramparts, while the American Colony has hiked its prices.

So of the other choices, any first hand experience / suggestions:

David Citadel (formerly the Hilton) - great location, beside the King David, but alas fully booked.

The Regency Jerusalem (formerly the Hyatt) - guaranteed view of the Old City, but otherwise the type of modern resort hotel I loathe. Locations seems a bit inconvenient too - 10 mins by taxi to the Old City and 45 mins walking.

The Olive Tree - web site made me smile, but not convinced for the right reasons

Inbal - location seems more handy for the Old City, but a bit of a concrete monster.

The American Colony - rooms available, but at roughly double the asking price for any of the above.

I'd go for the Inbal but see your PM...

Search this Thread