Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

£10 inflight shopping voucher for completing BA Online Check-in demo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

£10 inflight shopping voucher for completing BA Online Check-in demo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Roger
every chocaholic's favourite, Lily O'Brien's Italian Collection triples in Bonus Mile value from 50 to 150. (page 10 of high life Shop - their lower/upper case, not mine - product is on page 63)

They're £5, so double up, use the voucher with no cash, earn 300 miles and make somebody happy.

high life Shop (BA caps/lower case) says 150 for one, so 300 for 2.

My online statement shows:
- BA TAX FREE PURCHASES 20 miles
- Lily O'Briens Italian Collection 120 miles
so total 140 for 2.

This time I have retained the offer, so it looks like another tedious message to Customer Services, who will no doubt place a different interpretation on the offer and decline to offer the missing miles.

Does something tell you I've been along this path before?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:09 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Can one still print out the vouchers? I unfortunately deleted my saved copy...

I wasted my vouchers on drink (2x Glenfiddich (sp?) and that "McLaren" Johnny Walker). I already have too many bottles of scent; some think I am a metrosexual (that and the F bag).
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
Can one still print out the vouchers? I unfortunately deleted my saved copy...
https://register.anm.co.uk/register/...userid=2222223.
Copy and paste it to a word document then just delete the name and print the voucher.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador

high life Shop (BA caps/lower case) says 150 for one, so 300 for 2.

My online statement shows:
- BA TAX FREE PURCHASES 20 miles
- Lily O'Briens Italian Collection 120 miles
so total 140 for 2.

This time I have retained the offer, so it looks like another tedious message to Customer Services, who will no doubt place a different interpretation on the offer and decline to offer the missing miles.
I did exactly this both ways on flight this weekend and it has posted exactly the same. But I don't get any of it at all! The chocs are 5 quid a box. At 10 miles for every fiver spent, surely each box is only worth 10 miles. Triple that to 30 miles per box and double that for "buying" 2 boxes and I expected only 60 miles in total

I must admit I didn't read High Life, just opened it to the page for the chocs to show the crew.

Oh well, I shall remain but at some totally free miles and 4 boxes of chocolates to give away (well, 3, we consumed 1 ).
Old Feb 6, 2007, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Oh well, I shall remain but at some totally free miles and 4 boxes of chocolates to give away (well, 3, we consumed 1 ).
I can't say I necessarily follow BA's (or BA's agents') maths either. That's why I quoted them above and with documentation in my fax to EC, which remains unanswered. All I want is what they offered me.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Further to my suggestion of incorrect bonus miles posting, I'm delighted to report that 180 bonus miles appeared in my account today (posted yesterday).
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:40 am

Programs: BA BD Silver, BA Amex PP, LH, AF/KL, VS, JL, Airmiles, SPG Gold, ICPC
difficulty in getting BA cabin crew to accept the £10 OLCI voucher

On a couple of occasions that I presented the £10 OLCI voucher, the BA cabin crew were reluctant to accept the voucher (that I printed in black ink only on my home printer).

They interrogated me about whether I had printed more than one copy (obviously, I said "No"), and it seemed that they had not encountered the voucher before.

Has anyone else had any difficulty in getting BA cabin crew to accept the £10 OLCI voucher?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Further to my suggestion of incorrect bonus miles posting, I'm delighted to report that 180 bonus miles appeared in my account today (posted yesterday).
I think I may have to do likewise, Roger! I've now managed to accrue 6 boxes Top tip: ex-LHR it seems you can get the ideal 2 each leg easily, but ex-LGW on both flights this week I could only get 1 box each way (outbound 734 but inbound was 733/735 which surprised me as I thought one/both of those had an extra duty free bar?). So that means I should get 900 bonus miles but currently only 360 have posted/will post. That's worth chasing I think.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I managed to miss the Lily O's in the excitement of scoring a load of Toblerones for nothing Even casually handed my BAEC card with the voucher and earned 20 miles

That could be my lowest ever post to the account
Old Feb 14, 2007, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HH diamond IHG plat
hello, I used three vouchers out and three back on a trip last week to JFK. Crew had no problems accepting them, or those of my companions (who were also supplied with them by.....me!)
Old Feb 15, 2007, 1:55 pm

Programs: AF-PC; UA Plat ; QA Gold; Etihad Gold ; EK Silver; HH Diamond; Accor Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat; Mov G
Thanks for this tip, will try next week to KWI
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:40 pm

Looks like a friend and I are set for another 2 x £10 redemption in ten days or so. Thanks again Roger!! ^
Old Feb 15, 2007, 10:35 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by chipster
hello, I used three vouchers out and three back on a trip last week to JFK. Crew had no problems accepting them, or those of my companions (who were also supplied with them by.....me!)
You mean that (coming and going) (i) you, yourself, made 3 separate purchases and the crew permitted you to use 3 coupons? or (ii) you and your 2 friends each used one coupon?
Old Mar 17, 2007, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chipster
hello, I used three vouchers out and three back on a trip last week to JFK ...
Coming back from CPT, I wanted to use one of the vouchers. The nice lady noted that I had - ahem - five vouchers and said she could accept them all.

She did (in spite of my doubt), and I duly signed the credit card voucher, and the amount exceeded the double miles threshold. Then she came back and had to undo the transaction and start all over again, using just one. And no, I couldn't have my vouchers back as they had been marked as used.

At least, the miles posted promptly.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The Daily Hate has the promotion again today. The shopping voucher still has a use by date of 31 March 2007, though, so hurry!

www.dailymail.co.uk/ba

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.