Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

£10 inflight shopping voucher for completing BA Online Check-in demo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

£10 inflight shopping voucher for completing BA Online Check-in demo

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2007, 2:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uk1
Thanks - but it still expires 30th April. I embarrass too easily.
They always expired 30 April - I (and a friend travelling with me) both used one outbound and return to IST two weeks ago (early May) and according to Can I Help You? BA crew have been told they can accept them until 31 May.

Just use them to buy a £10 clock or some chocs; if they refuse the voucher just say you were only buying because it was free; I really don't think one should get embarrassed about it.
Old May 22, 2007, 2:43 am
JSC

Originally Posted by krug
They always expired 30 April - I (and a friend travelling with me) both used one outbound and return to IST two weeks ago (early May) and according to Can I Help You? BA crew have been told they can accept them until 31 May.

Just use them to buy a £10 clock or some chocs; if they refuse the voucher just say you were only buying because it was free; I really don't think one should get embarrassed about it.
I used one just yesterday to buy one of the iPod speakers that are reduced down to £10. They didn't bat an eyelid when I handed over the voucher. Have 2 more to use up before they finally expire...
Old May 29, 2007, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
We found the one cabin attendant who hadn't heard about the extension to 31 May on JFK-LHR yesterday. 'Nobody told me about any extension', so no deal for either of us (and no commission).

If we hadn't benefited outbound and on other occasions,we would probably be upset.
Old May 29, 2007, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA
I don't suppose these vouchers are to be extended to June?

Pretty please!....
Old May 29, 2007, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Roger
We found the one cabin attendant who hadn't heard about the extension to 31 May on JFK-LHR yesterday. 'Nobody told me about any extension', so no deal for either of us (and no commission).

If we hadn't benefited outbound and on other occasions,we would probably be upset.
You should have just told him to scan the voucher and see... the purser on my last flight said he hadn't heard of the extension but he said if it wasn't valid the machine wouldn't accept it so he was quite happy when it worked.
Old May 30, 2007, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by koksy
You should have just told him to scan the voucher and see...
Good idea. Problem was he wouldn't try and made some comment about £10 disappearing from his wages.

We didn't want to argue, frankly. Service on the flight was poor (unlike on the outbound). We were in World Peasant for the first time in years (Air Miles 50% off redemption) and hadn't realised there was no refreshment service between breakfast and pre-landing snack. Time before a tray of water and juice appeared: 3 1/2 hours - and I thought after the liquid insecurity nonense they had increased the water patrol . Number of times the bar trolley appeared - just the once at pre-landing snack time, several hours after take off. With this background, I wasn't in a mood to insist.

Pity, really. The outbound was fine - and we used the vouchers.
Old May 30, 2007, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Gold,Orchid Silver,QF,BMI, Starwood,Hilton,Hyatt
We didn't want to argue, frankly. Service on the flight was poor (unlike on the outbound). We were in World Peasant for the first time in years (Air Miles 50% off redemption) and hadn't realised there was no refreshment service between breakfast and pre-landing snack. Time before a tray of water and juice appeared: 3 1/2 hours - and I thought after the liquid insecurity nonense they had increased the water patrol . Number of times the bar trolley appeared - just the once at pre-landing snack time, several hours after take off. With this background, I wasn't in a mood to insist.

Pity, really. The outbound was fine - and we used the vouchers.[/QUOTE]

Having been lucky enough not to have travelled down the back for a looong time I'll stand to be corrected; but AFAIK you can ask for a drink anytime the bar is open.
Old May 30, 2007, 7:08 am

Wouldnt accept mine neither on last weeks SFO run
Old May 30, 2007, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
... AFAIK you can ask for a drink anytime the bar is open.
True, but to misquote Mrs Beeton, first catch your crew member. They disappeared!
Old May 30, 2007, 10:13 am
JSC

True, but to misquote Mrs Beeton, first catch your crew member. They disappeared!
To quote the sugababes: push the button! ( can't believe that I just used that quote!)
Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:21 am

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone else had issues getting miles to post when using these vouchers?

Traveld LHR-LAX-LHR in early May, and used a voucher on each flight with no issues. Lindt chocs, £9.50 per box plus 50 bonus miles in the Shop catalogue. So I expected to see at least the 100 bonus miles post to my account So far, nothing......

Seems odd that neither sale has posted; I could imagine one sale perhaps getting lost but not both....flights/cabin bonus etc have all posted fine.

Anyone else seen this?
Old Jun 5, 2007, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drscoop
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone else had issues getting miles to post when using these vouchers?
There is definitely a problem with the bonus miles.

At least three recent transactions have failed to produce bonus miles, though the regular miles posted. Of course we claimed. The first, sadly, shows that the customer service person doesn't understand English as she is writ; the second one produced the bonus miles within a day or so; the third requires the credit card receipt to be sent in (I think because they sent the wrong standard response).

I think, though, that it is a problem linking the bonus miles with the transaction rather than use of the voucher. If you have had no miles at all, you should fax the receipts to EC on 01787 881405 making clear that you are also claiming the bonus miles. And I hope you have better luck than my wife and me.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Blue/IC Royal Ambassador/LeadinghotelsRegular
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
I don't suppose these vouchers are to be extended to June?

Pretty please!....
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Im flying next week and would love to use another 2 vouchers (-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.