LGA-ATL-LGW lounge access, bag check

Old Dec 2, 06, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Marriott platinum; Hyatt Diamond
LGA-ATL-LGW lounge access, bag check

I'm traveling coach AA LGA-ATL Dec 14, arriving Atlanta 12.10pm, then on BA2226 to LGW in F, departing 18.25.

Read the threads mentioning ATL as pretty bad for transiting passengers, so I assume I won't be able to check bags thru from LGA to LGW. I also read the ultimate upgrade thread about lounge access, but still slightly confused by BAEC's wording of their rule:

Passengers travelling inbound or outbound in First, Club World or Club Europe on a British Airways flight have access to the applicable British Airways departure lounge prior to their onward flight, regardless of class of travel - so long as travel is on a BA or oneworld flight.
i) Can I access the Admiral's Club at LGA?
ii) Can't find anything specifically about the BA lounges at ATL. Comments appreciated.
iii) Alternatively, can I access the Admiral's Club at ATL?

Thanks.
Old Dec 2, 06, 10:13 am

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, Marriott Plat
As long as you stay airside you should not have too much of a problem transiting in ATL.

I am a frequent traveller on BA 2226. It departs from gate E14, which is about 400 meters from the BA lounge which is located at gate E26. The lounge is divided in two sections. The First lounge is on the left side and is about 1/3 the size of the regular lounge, located to the right. There is no free internet access in the BA lounge.

You will need to let FT'ers know what kind of ticket you are traveling on to answer some of your other questions:

What class are you in on each segment?

Are all your flights on the same PNR?

I am sure others will have much more information for you.
Old Dec 2, 06, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Marriott platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Thanks, Kibison. I'm in economy (T class) on AA from LGLA to ATL, then F for the BA flight, but they're not on the same PNR (booked separately.)
Old Dec 2, 06, 10:32 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
AA won't have a problem through checking your bags -- it's only BA with a stick up their butts about this. However as they are both OW carriers, there shouldn't be a problem.

Also, you should be able to wangle Adrmials club access at LGA. You may need a F boarding pass, but suppose you could OLCI and PYOB for your BA flight to have that in hand.

Search this Thread