Anyone been to the BA DFW Executive Club Lounge?

Old Dec 1, 06, 9:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Anyone been to the BA DFW Executive Club Lounge?

Flying F Monday DFW-LGW but have never flown BA out of DFW. The flight is at 420pm and my last meeting finishes around noon so i can head to the airport early or late. If the lounge is not very good I would probably head out as late as possible. Anyone have experience with the DFW lounge - it doesn't look like there is an F section.

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 06, 10:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

There is a small F room off the main lounge. Seating and snack selection is much the same in both areas but the F room is marginally calmer. Of note, on my visit last year, access to the F room was not policed so pretty much anyone was able to gain access. Drinks are purveyed via waitress service and very charming it is too. You'll also have access to the larger Admiral's Club in Terminal D if you fancy some variety.
Old Dec 2, 06, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire), VS Silver, Skywards Blue, UA General, Qantas Bronze.
The terminal at Dallas is fine, though I've only used it for transiting. There seemed to be a few eateries in the centre, and there are a few shops there. If you are feeling adventurous, you could check in, go airside and then transit to a couple of the other terminals as I believe that you can do this airside without having to clear security again!

The lounge itself is big enough, and there is a room at the back on the right which could be assumed to be for F passengers, though as Prospero says it is not policed, so anyone can go in it.

When I was there at the beginning of September, the staff were supremely helpful and very nice indeed. Only a very small number of them, but absolutely brilliant. There is Wifi, though I can't remember whether it's free or not. There are also computer terminals (though I think there may only be one or possibly two) in the lounge which are paid use.

There is no food, just crisps/potato chips, cheese and biscuits and some other snacky bits. Soft drinks and hot drinks are available on tap, but cocktails have to be ordered via the 'waitress/waiter' service.

There is a cluster of lounges on the same floor, all managed by the same reception. There is a separate reception area within the BA lounge who will deal with any queries that you may have. If you have any ticketing enquiries or want to make any changes before your flight, you will need to wait for the BA employee who 'normally arrives at the lounge' about 2 hours (or so) before the flight.
Old Dec 2, 06, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M FT, AA, 9F, HH Silver...
Dedicated room or swapping?

Originally Posted by jakesterUK View Post
If you are feeling adventurous, you could check in, go airside and then transit to a couple of the other terminals as I believe that you can do this airside without having to clear security again!
You can indeed move freely between terminals once airside without having to go through security again.

There is Wifi, though I can't remember whether it's free or not. There are also computer terminals (though I think there may only be one or possibly two) in the lounge which are paid use.
According to the BA site, it is paid BT Openzone: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...ublic/en_be#uc

There is a cluster of lounges on the same floor, all managed by the same reception. There is a separate reception area within the BA lounge who will deal with any queries that you may have.
We transited DFW twice on AA flights in September. The first time was early in the morning, so we did not even try to go to BA lounge. The second time was in the afternoon, but by the time we got to the lounge it was just closed, as the flight had boarded already. AFAIR, from what I understood from the agent, the room was being cleaned and prepped for an LH flight. Did I capture that correctly? Are these rooms shared by different airlines, but only one at a time? If so, could the BA lounge on one day be in a different room than the next day, or are they still dedicated rooms, albeit shared?
Old Dec 2, 06, 8:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by McBill View Post

We transited DFW twice on AA flights in September. The first time was early in the morning, so we did not even try to go to BA lounge. The second time was in the afternoon, but by the time we got to the lounge it was just closed, as the flight had boarded already. AFAIR, from what I understood from the agent, the room was being cleaned and prepped for an LH flight. Did I capture that correctly? Are these rooms shared by different airlines, but only one at a time? If so, could the BA lounge on one day be in a different room than the next day, or are they still dedicated rooms, albeit shared?

Actually the rooms is delicated to BA as there is a fixed BA sign on the wall in the room. But it might be used by others during the day?

I personally prefer it than the AA AC because there are some refreshments for free and the AA AC , you have to pay for everything (even when you get the drink vouchers, you have to tip the bartender)
Old Dec 2, 06, 9:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

thanks - one last question - is their a view?
Old Dec 2, 06, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire), VS Silver, Skywards Blue, UA General, Qantas Bronze.
Sort of!

You can see out onto the apron and some of the various taxi and runways in use. It's not right next to the regular departure gate, which is about 5 minutes walk away.
Old Dec 2, 06, 9:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Sort of!

You can see out onto the apron and some of the various taxi and runways in use. It's not right next to the regular departure gate, which is about 5 minutes walk away.
Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 06, 6:45 am

Programs: Etihad Gold
There is also a quiet 'library' in the middle of the lounge... Nice and relaxing.
Old Dec 4, 06, 2:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Am here at the BA lounge - it does seem to be third party in the way the sign at the door looks like it could be taken off in a bout 6 seconds and swapped with say Korean Air or Mexicana. In fact, when I was greeted at an entrance that serves KE, LH and BA, the woman referred me to Lounge Two - it's sort of an executive office set up. The plates look Terrace style that I have seen at the BA lounge in MIA - and the food is limited to packaged cheese. Only one red wine to choose from. That said, nice views of the tarmac.

As a clarification, I was told there is no F section but the smaller room looking on the tarmac can be used for VIPs.

All an all, nice and comfy but only one copy of the FT (no other papers) and would have been nice to see some tea sandwhiches etc,
Old Dec 4, 06, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I thought LH used another lounge ( lounge 3 or 4)

The BA lounge is ok ( no sanwiches though but there are a number of good eating areas in D)

Staff have to serve the alcoholic drinks

Some nice pieces of artwork in the main terminal ( including a blue doome with paths that play music inside it)

Opens at 1245 I think ( I ws doing a AA MR BOS-DFW-LAX and was able to use the AA lounge with my Gold card)

Regards

TBS

Search this Thread