Passengers feet

Old Dec 1, 06, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Gold, BD - Gold, SPG - Gold, HH - Gold
Passengers feet

Flew back from JFK to London on BA182 last night (29/11). We had a bit of excitement as after we left the stand the Captain announced that we have a disruptive passenger on board and rather than removing her at 35,000 feet, we’ll save time by offloading her now.

Anyhow, as we were waiting back at the stand and I was sat comfortably in 64K I noticed an unpleasant smell. I looked to my left and 20cms from my face were the bare feet of the passenger in 63K resting his legs on the side cabinet.

I thought should I:
(a) ask him to put some socks on;
(b) ask the flight attendant to have a word with him;
(c) do nothing

I went for option C, took an Ambien and slept all the way to London. I was wondering what’s the correct etiquette regarding bare feet on board! Any thoughts?

Last edited by vSFU; Dec 1, 06 at 7:13 pm
Old Dec 2, 06, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
If I was faced with this situation and the feet smelled bad enough to disturb me, I would likely say something to an FA discreetly while going to the toilet. It's unacceptable to allow a smell of oneself to disturb other passengers. Granted its fine for your feet to smell, but keep em in shoes then!

I wonder if anyone ended up saying something after you were out.
Old Dec 2, 06, 6:30 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Of course this would not happen if airports/airlines allowed aerosol footspray in carry-on baggage.

Search this Thread