BA662 cancelled.

Old Dec 1, 06, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: bablue,baamex,flyingblue ivory
BA662 cancelled.

My 0830 flight from lhr has just been cancelled got until 2250hrs until cy flight that everyone has been changed to.Any suggestions on what to do until then.No lounge access as a lowly blue
Old Dec 1, 06, 7:26 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
tell them that you would like to have access to the lounge as part of the customer service that you would expect from an airline like BA

I've had success with that sort of request before when I was blue.
Old Dec 1, 06, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Further question

Will i still get my miles even though it was cancelled and now on CY.Tried the "can i go in the lounge bit " answer was "NO" but thankyou for choosing BA
Old Dec 1, 06, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; SQ PPS; UA Gold; LH FTL; Flying Blue Silver; Starwood Gold; ICHG AMB; Hyatt Platinum;
Originally Posted by oipig View Post
Will i still get my miles even though it was cancelled and now on CY.Tried the "can i go in the lounge bit " answer was "NO" but thankyou for choosing BA
Yes, you will still get the BA miles but you will have to contact BA after the flight to get these added. As a bonus you should also be able to claim miles for the CY flight in any mileage programme they cooperate with.
Old Dec 1, 06, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Given that you have 10 hours till the flight I'd be tempted to do a quick mileage run to AMS to help you on your way to silver!!

Old Dec 1, 06, 7:44 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
If you are at T1, you can pay to get into the Servisair lounge, which CY uses. It's OK, nothing special. I would say away from the rif-raf, but since it is the CY lounge

IIRC it's about 18 quid.

You may be better off finding a nice bar/restaurant. However given length of delay might be worth returning out via passport control and grab tube/hex into london.
Old Dec 1, 06, 7:51 am

Tried the "can i go in the lounge bit " answer was "NO" but thankyou for choosing BA
What a disgrace
Old Dec 1, 06, 7:55 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
My 0830 flight from lhr has just been cancelled got until 2250hrs until cy flight that everyone has been changed to.Any suggestions on what to do until then.No lounge access as a lowly blue
Gosh 14 hours! They must have given you a fair wad of cash under EU compensation rules. I'd grab a room at an airport hotel, have a nap and watch tv, thanks to BA.

Or HEx into London, and a late long lunch somewhere nice. I'm sure some FTers would join you; I would but have my work Christmas bash this pm.

James
Old Dec 1, 06, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here are some more options:

1. Go home and come back at 9 tonight.

2. Get them to book you on the BA to BUD at 1730 with the onward BA codeshare (MA operated) to LCA, getting you in at 0310, but at least guaranteed BA flights.

3. Say you need to get in earlier, and get them to book you on LX flight at 1710 with great connection at ZRH, getting you in at midnight.

Not sure what cabin you are in, or booking class you are in though. If in J, or full Y, I would certainly insist on option 2 or 3 above.
Old Dec 1, 06, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
One of my colleagues was on a flight from Oslo last week and her flight was cancelled. She insisted on an upgrade to Club and lounge access in the interim and they quite happily did this for her.

I'd insist on the same - if BA are making you wait all this time I think the least they can do is allow you to wait in some degree of comfort.

Have you been given any vouchers and/or cash thus far ?

BAH
Old Dec 1, 06, 8:46 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Hope you've got insurance because the chances of your bags arriving....
Old Dec 1, 06, 10:21 am
Original Poster

update

Got in total 15 pounds in vouchers, just about enough for coffee and couple of sandwiches .Tried to get on the zurich but they said connection was too tight.Also checked bud route but to go direct was best option in the end.On the plus side get to go through duty free twice (get more drink) put my original d/f in my checked luggage.BA did offer to put me up for the night in a hotel and take tomorrows flight , but only got a couple of days off and need to get there asap.Thanks for the suggestions
Old Dec 1, 06, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Full story so far

Original plane the 662 from lhr changed to smaller plane , smaller plane being loaded with cargo prior to boarding.Cargo spillage during loading corrosive liquid plane needs full clean to be safe.Flight then cancelled at about 1130.Eventually sent upstairs to flight connections desk where everyone is told the options , hotel overnight or the CY flight.On the subject of EU compensation i dont know if i will be entitled IE is it matters out of BA's control.If anybody knows any different please let me know and i can go and rant at someone
Old Dec 1, 06, 10:46 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Original plane the 662 from lhr changed to smaller plane , smaller plane being loaded with cargo prior to boarding.Cargo spillage during loading corrosive liquid plane needs full clean to be safe.Flight then cancelled at about 1130.Eventually sent upstairs to flight connections desk where everyone is told the options , hotel overnight or the CY flight.On the subject of EU compensation i dont know if i will be entitled IE is it matters out of BA's control.If anybody knows any different please let me know and i can go and rant at someone
Obviously a real bugger for you but I'm impressed that they gave you so much info. I wonder what the liquid was; mercury spillage often leads to the plane having to be scrapped.

James
Old Dec 1, 06, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Spillage

Not sure what the spillage was but the fire brigade cordoned off the area and BA said the cargo hold would need a deep clean before being allowed to operate again.

Search this Thread