Community
Wiki Posts
Search

booking at ba.com vs other travel sites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 1:48 am
Original Poster

booking at ba.com vs other travel sites

Are there any disadvantages to booking a BA flight at a cheaper fare through a site like expedia, lastminute, etc?

Do you still get miles? If using BA credit card, do you get the double miles or does it not show up on CC? Do you have access to MMB? Seat selection?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Don't forget aa.com, which is usually cheaper.

No difference at all - as long as you have the booking reference you can still use MMB etc (although, from 5 December, Blue's cannot preselect seats so MMB becomes pointless anyway). I can confirm that aa.com purchased tickets are now fine for MMB, even if you have an AA FF number in the booking.

If you book a normal Expedia fare it goes through your CC as BA so you will get double miles. If you book an Expedia Special Fare it goes through as Expedia so only single miles.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:07 am
Original Poster

thanks. About the change on the 5th. Does that just apply to new bookings? They won't be taking my preassigned seat away from a flight in January I booked in September will they?

oh and thanks for the AA.com tip! Checked there. Funny thing is the fare is $30 for this flight AMS-LGW and taxes are like the same. On ba.com fare is much less and taxes much higher. Anyway I'm going to book it with aa.com and will save 10 dollars plus no conversion charge by the credit card.
^ :-:
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by terpfan101
thanks. About the change on the 5th. Does that just apply to new bookings? They won't be taking my preassigned seat away from a flight in January I booked in September will they?
The answer from a BA lurker is in this thread if you can be "assed" to read it

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630714
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
The answer from a BA lurker is in this thread if you can be "assed" to read it

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630714

Thanks...but no need to be cheeky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.