A gift arrives from Sazza

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 1:35 am
Original Poster

A gift arrives from Sazza

Well, knock me down with a feather. Look what I got in the post this morning:

Originally Posted by Sarah Keyes, Executive Club Manager
Dear Saintly One,

Take a moment to compare a cellar of fine wines with British Airways FIRST. Both offer the ideal space and atmosphere, a passion for perfection, exceptional taste...

When we sat down to consider the perfect thank you for flying FIRST, nothing seemed to echo our commitment to your enjoyment as much as a gift of two bottles of wine - exclusively selected for you from the cellars of Berry Bros. & Rudd by Master of Wine, Alun Griffiths.

To accept this gift, please telephone Berry Bros. & Rudd and quote your personal code. Once you have agreed a convenient time and address for your gift to be delivered, all you need to do is... sit back with your wine... and enjoy.

Warm regards,

Sazza.
It comes with another brochure, in the same style as the one recently received about the improvements to FIRST.

Quite unexpected. Well done BA^
Old Dec 1, 2006, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by The Saint
Well, knock me down with a feather. Look what I got in the post this morning:

It comes with another brochure, in the same style as the one recently received about the improvements to FIRST.

Quite unexpected. Well done BA^
Well that IS a pleasant surprise ^

What were the wines?

Have you recently flown full fare F then?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 1:44 am
Original Poster

I think they must be the wines in the brochure, although it does not say so expressly.

1996 Chateau Montrose, St Estephe, Bordeaux
2003 Corton Charlemagne, Domaine Bonneau du Martray, Burgundy.

Last flew full F at the end of Sept, although I have a JFK in a fortnight.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Just had a look on Berry Bros.' website and it appears this represents about £150 worth of wine.

Now very pleased.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by The Saint
Just had a look on Berry Bros.' website and it appears this represents about £150 worth of wine.

Now very pleased.
What a result

Good to see premium pax getting rocognition that they appreciate decent wines... All they need to do now is apply that to the Champagne in the air and we'll all be happy

I need to fly more
Old Dec 1, 2006, 4:04 am

I received this as well - see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630348. Very nice of them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.