FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Waitlist with no ticket ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/630871-waitlist-no-ticket.html)

LHR Tim Sep 24, 2007 4:27 am

I would be. :(

Kibison Sep 24, 2007 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Smirnoff (Post 8452291)
I'm assuming you think the booking is a confirmed booking, but it is now showing "waitlisted" in MMB? Was it always showing "waitlisted" in MMB, or "confirmed".

FWIW, RJ do some pretty odd things with their availability. One moment it's J9 C9 D9, then next it's all zeroed out. Then it re-appears again.

Also the case that RJ without warning cancels off bookings that it thinks have not been ticketed.

I think a call to BA and/or RJ would be sensile. Possibly RJ didn't see the ticket number in time, and cancelled the booking. They do that.

It never showed confirmed on MMB. I tried calling BA here in Malta and they were able to see the ticket numbers and reservation but could not do anything more. They said I should call the travel agent. When I told them I booked it on BA.com, the response was silence.

I tried calling BA in London but the hold time was twenty minutes. I did not want to pay the international charges for the call.

I will be passing through the UK on Thursday so I will try the UK BAEC Gold Line then. (The gold line number does not work from Malta).

I could try to call RJ but the ticket numbers start with "125" so I think they will tell me to call BA.

Smirnoff Sep 24, 2007 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Kibison (Post 8452310)
I could try to call RJ but the ticket numbers start with "125" so I think they will tell me to call BA.

Well it sounds to me like certainly RJ never saw the ticket number, and cancelled the booking. So, yes, I would be concerned.

If you want to PM me, I can call you and conf you in to the Gold line in the UK.

Alternatively RJ's email support is very efficient.

Kibison Sep 24, 2007 4:50 am

Thanks for the offer. I will try RJ's email support. If things don't work out, then I will book the flight directly with RJ and get the miles credited back to my account. They are showing J9 availability on my flight and there are many other options if I transit LON. I like the AMS-AMM route because the tax savings compared to LHR and it is always more fun to spend a night in AMS vs LHR. :D

I did PM you a few days ago but I will ask now.....would you prefer J on BMI or RJ?

Smirnoff Sep 24, 2007 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Kibison (Post 8452355)

I did PM you a few days ago but I will ask now.....would you prefer J on BMI or RJ?

Oops sorry, my inbox is rather cluttered (not from you!), and I didn't reply yet (hangs head in shame).

The answer is most definitely RJ. The seats (depending on the plane) are either (worst case) virtually the same as the OCW seats or (best case) brand new very comfortable almost fully reclining with full electronic controls.

The main difference however is in the service. RJ service is about as attentive as you could imagine, with constant runs up and down the aisles. And the meal is served as they used to in First, from a trolley in the aisle, with a huge choice of meats, fish, vegetables, potatoes, rice, and a nice selection of deserts and ice cream.

BMed service is much more formal, more discreet, still good, but nowhere near RJ's standards.

Kibison Sep 24, 2007 6:38 am

Thanks for the information. You were right about RJ's email response. They not only responded within 30 minutes but fixed the problem! I am excited about my trip with them.

If you make it to the Malta DO in February, then I hope I can buy you a drink.