Finally!! 'Enhanced' seat selection

Old Nov 30, 06, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
Finally!! 'Enhanced' seat selection

It looks like its been enhanced for Golds, and 'enhanced' for everyone else. I know I'm happy about it but I'm sure a lot of people won't be:

Selecting your seat on British Airways flights

Dear Mr whmere,

You can now choose from more seats when you book with us

To ensure that when you travel with British Airways your journey is as streamlined as possible, I would like to advise you about a key element of your travel experience which will be significantly improved from 5 December 2006.

In order to give you the best choice of seats when you travel with us, we will be restricting the number of pre-assigned seat requests available, and securing this facility for only our top members. This means that as a Gold member, at time of booking, you will have a much wider choice of seats available to you as all seats on the aircraft that have not already been pre-assigned will be offered for you to choose from. You will also be able to change your seat as many times as you wish until you have checked-in for your flight.

We have also improved our seating maps on ba.com to display up to the minute seat availability for your flight, emergency exit rows and highlight the position of toilets, infant cots and crew galley areas.

Once on-line check-in is open, 24 hours before the flight departs, all customers will have access to any seats that have not been pre-assigned. We strongly recommend therefore that you or your travel agent select your preferred seat at the time of booking. Please note that once you have checked in for your flight your chosen seat cannot be changed, subject only to rare operational requirements.

We will continue to hold your seat preference in your Executive Club profile, which we will use should you not have specified a seat at time of booking. Please ensure that your longhaul Executive Club profile preference is up to date as we will be using this preference for all your flights from January.

I hope that you find these changes helpful when you travel with us.

Warm regards,

Olivia Khwaja
Relationship Marketing Manager, Europe & Africa
Old Nov 30, 06, 2:58 pm

Programs: F
Gosh the new search actually works
Old Nov 30, 06, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Hmmm...

What about when two pax are travelling on different PNR's that are linked. BA have assured me that we will end up sitting together as our bookings are linked, but what do you think the chances are...?

He is a nervous flyer and has asked for an ailse seat and I have window as my pref in my profile but as I am a lowly blue does this count for anything?

All I want is my window seat... and he wants an aisle so he can get out quick just in case... please not middle seats in the dorm... noooooo!
Old Nov 30, 06, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redshift27 View Post
Gosh the new search actually works
There's always one.
Old Nov 30, 06, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by whmere View Post
There's always one.
Given the amount of threads (even 1 on the 1st page) that have discussed this topic over the past few weeks, it is getting a bit tiring. How hard is it to read through the recent posts (or even search!)
Old Nov 30, 06, 3:36 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, Flying Blue silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Old Nov 30, 06, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

I read through four pages of posts looking for something on this topic before starting a thread myself. It certainly took a lot longer and was a lot harder to do that than it was to post either of these tedious little comments about searching. Leave the moderating to the moderators. I get far more bored ploughing through the extraneous self-appointed moderating posts in threads I'm interested in than I'm sure it ever is just ignoring a thread I'm not interested in.

Now I'm going to stop biting. But anyone wants to keep bumping this thread by making comments then please do.
Old Nov 30, 06, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by flyingbee View Post
I couldn't agree more!
Old Nov 30, 06, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I read through four pages of posts looking for something on this topic before starting a thread myself. It certainly took a lot longer and was a lot harder to do that than it was to post either of these tedious little comments about searching. Leave the moderating to the moderators. I get far more bored ploughing through the extraneous self-appointed moderating posts in threads I'm interested in than I'm sure it ever is just ignoring a thread I'm not interested in.

Now I'm going to stop biting. But anyone wants to keep bumping this thread by making comments then please do.
I'm not a gold, so I'll relegate my comments to the blue thread
Old Nov 30, 06, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jenbel View Post
I'm not a gold, so I'll relegate my comments to the blue thread

If I had known that I would have NEVER voted for you.

But really I'm surprised you aren't atleast silver!
Old Nov 30, 06, 7:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I get far more bored ploughing through the extraneous self-appointed moderating posts in threads I'm interested in than I'm sure it ever is just ignoring a thread I'm not interested in.
Gets a from me
Old Dec 1, 06, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's another site highlighting Seat selection here, that's worth a look.
Old Dec 1, 06, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I read through four pages of posts looking for something on this topic before starting a thread myself.
And you didn't find that I posted the exact same post, quoting the same email right here, choosing not to start yet another thread about it?

Search this Thread