Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

4,058 BA Miles for £69 and a FREE 7" portable DVD player (ends 2 Dec)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2006, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR

I have posted this into the Tesco thread, but I have also posted it separately because this is a very attractive offer with Christmas approaching.

This is a clever little scheme that has been developed over at paidtoshop.co.uk. I will summarise it to save you ploughing through a long thread over there!

0. If you have a Quidco account, go to Quidco and link to Tesco - this gets you a further 3% cashback

1. Go to Tesco Direct and search for a Technika 7" portable DVD player (PDVD2005). It comes up at £64.50 with 999 bonus clubcard points! Add one to your basket.

2. Checkout and use code TD-TD5P which gives 500 extra points when you spend £50 at Tesco Direct

This will earn you 999 bonus points + 500 bonus points + 192 basic points (triple points on Tesco Direct at the moment) - a total of 1,691 points or 4,058 miles at the basic rate (5,411 if you convert at the premium rate).

For a few extra miles, add a £5.22 pack of 12m Tesco Christmas Wrap to your shopping backet. This qualifies you for free delivery, saving the £4.85 postage charge. You therefore get wrapping paper for 37p AND an extra 15 points because the £5.22 is qualifying spend, unlike the P&P charge. (However, think first of how the postie will deliver a tube of wrap to your door!)

These things are selling on ebay for around £50 including postage, but its obviously easier if you can pass them off on people as Christmas gifts!

The best case scenario, assuming you use Quidco, take the Christmas Wrap and pay on a Premium Plus BA Amex, is 4,197 miles for a spend of £67.63, or 1.61p per mile - plus a FREE DVD player! Someone on the higher 3.2 Tesco rate would get 5,562 miles, or 1.22p per mile.

(PS - ignore the 2 December closing date in the thread title, as the code works until 31/12. I'm not sure when the Technika promo ends, though)

Last edited by Raffles; Nov 30, 2006 at 2:39 am
Old Nov 30, 2006, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Thanks Raffles! ^ A very useful little Christmas bonus!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 2:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Done! Although I didn't get free delivery for some reason.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Nov 30, 2006, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Done! Although I didn't get free delivery for some reason.
No, neither did I for some reason. I went back and removed the gift wrap and just ordered the DVD player in the end.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 2:50 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Thanks!!

Re: Free Delivery - Tesco says you'll be charged 4.95, but when you look at the page where you enter your credit card, you'll see that it's free.

Can't believe Tesco are literally giving these away for our loyalty
Old Nov 30, 2006, 2:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by schofs
Re: Free Delivery - Tesco says you'll be charged 4.95, but when you look at the page where you enter your credit card, you'll see that it's free.
Doh!. I didn't buy the wrapping in the end either, so will have been charged.

What are Tesco Direct like at giving the points these days? They very rarely used to post IIRC.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Nov 30, 2006, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Well spotted - for some reason the DVD player has gone out of stock though

BAH
Old Nov 30, 2006, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
Well spotted - for some reason the DVD player has gone out of stock though
BAH
Yes it has
Are there that many people here on FT reading Raffles post, that they have already gone out of stock in the past hour?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by clubman
Are there that many people here on FT reading Raffles post, that they have already gone out of stock in the past hour?
The 'new' FT now has usage stats - scroll down to the bottom of the BA page. There are currently 150 people looking at the BA board, of which 68 are members and 82 are lurkers!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Yes it has
The offer (i.e. getting the extra points and the cheap dvd player) has been on various websites since yesterday morning, so its just not FT that knows about it.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by theworld
The offer (i.e. getting the extra points and the cheap dvd player) has been on various websites since yesterday morning, so its just not FT that knows about it.
Grrr! Just a bit too late for the offer...note to diary:- Browse the forum even earlier! Well done to the lucky few - and thanks for spotting the deal!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 4:02 am

Programs: FB Ivory, BD Silver, BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, Goldpoints plus Silver
Still Out of stock...
Any other bonus points offers?
It's a shame you can't search on the tesco website for clubcard points offers...
Old Nov 30, 2006, 4:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
The only other points offer I could see was the Dyson DC18 for 999 bonus points but costs £279.94. Anyone ever given a Dyson as an Xmas present?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 4:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Anyone ever given a Dyson as an Xmas present?
Remember, it's the giving (of the Dyson) that counts, not the recieving (of the black eye)
Old Nov 30, 2006, 8:07 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
When searching on Google for Tesco Direct, the next site listed has something to do with Pole Dancing. I assume that this is not "strictly Cum dancing" in Warsaw.

Also, when searching the Tesco site, I noticed the product feature "ideal gift for girls" liberated a 97 pink tools.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.