Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Attention all Muccis press the call button. How do you get to the airport? OT-ish

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attention all Muccis press the call button. How do you get to the airport? OT-ish

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:24 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Darling boss, a Mucci is far from common. I know your feelings are hurt, but don't worry, you can share my glory and I'm sure Tomasz will say the same.

Hugs
Miss Sunrise, sweatie, I'm merging both yours and Tarmacs Muccidom's into a HA and I think you'll find all the benefits will acrue to me
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:29 am
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by StevieJ
What the F*%@ is a Mucchi??
A Mucchi is, apparently, a castrated dog.

A Mucci involves a steady, constant bliss-like state of being, although that doesn't even begin to explain the phenomenon.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:30 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Originally Posted by StevieJ
What the F*%@ is a Mucchi??
Stevie J you have probably come across Pucci on this forum; basically she is a trolley dolley who hands out awards to certain passengers. She has a string of followers and seems to have a string of offspring fathered by the BA board. Onboard she is rarely seen to lift so much as a finger for fear of chipping her nails.

Oh and look what I came across:

http://www.diogenessunclub.co.uk/
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Originally Posted by pardino
so it's true when they say that are people in London living without car!!!

No car. Trains & buses; taxis and hire cars when necessary.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:06 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
How do I get to the airport ?

In a plane.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Miss Sunrise, sweatie, I'm merging both yours and Tarmacs Muccidom's into a HA and I think you'll find all the benefits will acrue to me
As long as I get to share the benefits of the HA - I only want to travel in F in future now.

I may be sweetie, but I am not sweatie.

Have you been drinking - the typing errors are back!
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:49 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
It would seem that I am quite unusual in walking to my local airport. It takes me 20 minutes from my front door to the BA check-in desk. And there is pavement all the way.

However, to get home when I return it is usually a taxi since I usually arrive back late in the evening. And I take a taxi or get a lift from a friend if I have lots of luggage.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 11:28 am

Programs: Meh!
Travelling on business from home in the suburbs I forsook the local minicab firm in favour of a nice S or E class Merc; if travelling to LHR I often took this to Paddington for the HEX in favour of LHR itself. Returning home I generally took the HEX, taxi to Victoria and train - as faster in the evening. Travelling from the office it was cab to LHR or Paddington & HEX or Victoria and GatExp. Nowadays from the City it is either FCC?SE from London Bridge to LGW or cab to LCY - not much LHR these days. From home I cab to East Croydon and train. Return journey from LGW is train to East Croydon and cab OR tram (!). For travelling en famille I have been converted to valet parking. Typically pre-book, drive to LGW, phone ahead when turning off the M25/clearing customs. Maple Manor Ł5 a day ^ ^ ^
Old Dec 1, 2006, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

From my home to EDI ( for the 0630 flight to LHR/LCY) it is a taxi through my company.

From my office to EDI afterwork it is the 100 Express bus from Princes Street.

To LHR from london hotels Tube to paddington then the HEX

to LCY: the DLR

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA 3MM
My home airport is GCM, which comes with the fantastic benefit of being about 5 minutes (max) from my house. It's in fact within a mile of the middle of town, but as we get far fewer flights in a day (and only 4 BA widebodies (767) per week) than LHR gets in an hour, flightpath ain't a problem.

Leaving I get a lift there, coming back I txt SWMBO when we hit the tarmac, and she is waiting for me five minutes later when I walk out the door (it's an even quicker exit than LCY !).

As for LHR, as an expat Scot most of the time I'm simply transitting to the Athens of the North. To/from EDIT normally a Joe or the 100 express... either way you gotta love those Embra green lanes, and I normally stay with a highly regarded (by me at least!) family member who lives right off the main green lane into the centre of town.

If I absolutely, positively have to go to London (ugh), it'll be on business, so whoever I'm seeing can just get their car service to drop me at LHR thanks

Wee story about the last time that happened. Chatting to the driver, he said he had just been to the West Coast of Ireland. Apparently some Russians were flying to see a factory over their in their private, and (egads!) had found out that the car service their only had E class Mercs (oh the horror!), so this driver and his mate actually drove over there from London in the old S Class versions. They then picked up these spoilt oligarch-types, drove them to the factory, sat around for two hours, then drove them back to their G5, then they promptly turned around and drove back to Londinium.

Ah, how t'other half lives, eh ?
Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:14 am
JPB

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M
Normally it is the bus for me from Oxford. It really is a pretty good service to to LHR every 30 mins though the cost has gone up a lot in recent years. Sometimes though I drive and park in the Pink Elephant parking (although work will not cover this they will only reimburse public transport costs).
Old Dec 2, 2006, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

Now Darling - true Gentleman you may be - but be kind, considerate even. He is far far far older than you - indeed he is far far far far older than me. I have alway loved men older than myself. I collect them.
PUCCI - can I just clarify something here please?

Are you referring to your Peaches and Whipped Cream as "far far far far older than me"?

If so, I think you're overdoing the number of "fars" you've used. It is public knowledge - I have never hidden this from you - that I am currently 51.

You, my stawberry tart, have been married circa 20 years. Now unless Him Indoors found himself a child bride, you must be at least in your 40s. Given that recent paternity suit incident I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say early 40s.

On that basis, while I am happy with the statement "older than me" could you please reconsider the use of no fewer than four "fars"?

As for the "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with" taunt; I know that your location in Surbiton and BAGoldBoy's in Egham make for a tempting Thursday afternoon of passion at the local Travel Lodge.

But trust me, what I may lack in stamina I make up for 10x over in technique. These young whipper-snappers adopt nothing more than a "wham, bam, thank you ma'm" style of passion. You are far to smart to fall for that type of loving, surely?

You'd never catch sunrisegirl falling prey to the promise of a few Tesco points from BAGold Boy. Surely you're not going to succumb to his smooth talking?
Old Dec 2, 2006, 5:44 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Now, STN...I have to go there on Monday for a MaxJet jobby. Thankfully it's a short trip so I'll manage on the Tube to Liverpool Street and get the, err, SEX!
If you want to avoid the drain (and save a bit of time), you can slum it on the Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus, Victoria line (cross-platform interchange) to Tottenham Hale, then S.ex.

Me?
LUX: my car in short term lot A, or long term lot B (parts of which, bizarrely, are closer to the terminal building than most of lot A - no wonder it's always full).

LCY: DLR + tube

STN: I get a lift or train to Tottenham Hale + cab (for seriously late arrivals and no lift, coach to Golders Green + cab or walk

LHR: cab/lift to Paddington, HEX (and vice versa)

LGW: I try to avoid it although that means no BA to LUX. Otherwise, Thameslink to West Hampstead, then gamble on cab availability (or a brisk walk )
Old Dec 2, 2006, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
PUCCI - can I just clarify something here please? ......

.... You'd never catch sunrisegirl falling prey to the promise of a few Tesco points from BAGold Boy. Surely you're not going to succumb to his smooth talking?
Well I'm not sure what's happening to PUCCI, Phil and BA Gold Boy in their saga of a relationship, but it does seem as if darling PUCCI is not just our favourite CSD - she's into designing pet wear too.

Very upmarket it is too, designer if you please, as you can see below: http://www.puccipetwear.com/

AND, there's even a link to "Pucci Pin Ups"
Old Dec 3, 2006, 4:30 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Stevie J you have probably come across Pucci on this forum; basically she is a trolley dolley who hands out awards to certain passengers. She has a string of followers and seems to have a string of offspring fathered by the BA board. Onboard she is rarely seen to lift so much as a finger for fear of chipping her nails.

Oh and look what I came across:

http://www.diogenessunclub.co.uk/
DARLING! A Trolley Dolly? Blimey, I will be the first to admit that being a Dolly Anything is rather behind me.I graduated to Cart Tart and now I am The Wagon Dragon (think Soup Dragon as I adore her!). Why else do you think that I am still having this fling with Phil. As soon as the going got tough he ran, BaGOld Boy rescued my self-esteem. A young Beau does any gir's heart good. You should know this better than anyone (however rumour reached me from the Swanee River Trip at the Do that this Board is more royal than common). So I have a choice Honey Bunny or Sugar Daddy.

Now this has nothing to do with getting the airport (for which I thank you all - and when my lunch guest have gone I will compile a list) but who cares? Phil is imploring me, and BGB is just being silent and strong.

So, Muccihoods are going to be handed out very shortly - have a drink from the bar whilst you are waiting in the lounge.

Hugs

PG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.