Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Attention all Muccis press the call button. How do you get to the airport? OT-ish

Attention all Muccis press the call button. How do you get to the airport? OT-ish

Old Nov 30, 06, 6:28 am
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Non-Mucci, but would still like to pay homage to Madame Galore as I eat my lunchtime sandwich...

I got completely put off the HEX because of the price (may have something to do with all things Netherlandish rubbing off on me...) and the fact that when I lived in East Anglia, it was 45 min to Kings X and 60 min on the Piccadilly line, and I didn't really save any time with HEX, plus a hassle with stairs at Paddington, etc. The tube is a pretty awful ride though, admittedly, particularly in summer and with bags. I have taken cabs, driven myself, taken the Airbus and gotten lifts from friends but basically I take the tube.

GEX or First Capital Connect (ie. Thameslink) is handy and the only real way to go, really. (note to terpfan101 -- trust me, I've gone from LON to AMS every possible way but swimming)

DLR extension to City Airport is ace though and the VLM service is really very good.

In AMS I walk 2 minutes to the tram, am at the central station in 7 minutes, train takes 15 minutes, and usually I'm in the boring Terraces with my cup-a-soup within an hour of leaving my front door.
Old Nov 30, 06, 6:36 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
To All Muccis, Wannabee, Can't-See-Why-I-Aintabees and Their Servants and Pets

Well,

Isn't that interesting? I am really interested how many of you use public transport and how few of you use the link via Feltham (G-BOAC). Actually, Spottie used to use a bicycle to LGW I recall. Whether he does or not nowadays I do not know. It is also quite interesting to see the spread of Flyertalkers across Britain but largely living around London and the Home Counties. It is also quite exhilierating if slightly but deliciously sordid to have two Muccis fighting over me. I have been fascinated less by the acquisition of Tomacz but that so many of you knew about this. I have never discussed my Au Pair - but you wouldn't be interested.

One decision that I have reached is that Tomacz is herwith appointed a Mucci because anyone who would be a maid in the VC10 household deserves any breaks that life can offer. I am assuming that were that household famous rather than notorious Max Clifford would be representing him already.

To you all - there are still Muccihoods up for grabs. I was thinking of confering one on Mr Randy but he may be one already. I really must keep an un-civil list!
Old Nov 30, 06, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vla View Post
Non-Mucci, but would still like to pay homage to Madame Galore as I eat my lunchtime sandwich...

I got completely put off the HEX because of the price (may have something to do with all things Netherlandish rubbing off on me...) and the fact that when I lived in East Anglia, it was 45 min to Kings X and 60 min on the Piccadilly line, and I didn't really save any time with HEX, plus a hassle with stairs at Paddington, etc. The tube is a pretty awful ride though, admittedly, particularly in summer and with bags. I have taken cabs, driven myself, taken the Airbus and gotten lifts from friends but basically I take the tube.

GEX or First Capital Connect (ie. Thameslink) is handy and the only real way to go, really. (note to terpfan101 -- trust me, I've gone from LON to AMS every possible way but swimming)

DLR extension to City Airport is ace though and the VLM service is really very good.

In AMS I walk 2 minutes to the tram, am at the central station in 7 minutes, train takes 15 minutes, and usually I'm in the boring Terraces with my cup-a-soup within an hour of leaving my front door.

Non Mucci?

Not any more. Arise Sir Vla!
Old Nov 30, 06, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Good afternoon Pucci - Goddess of the Skies

I note you have awarded Tomasz a Mucci for his household services to VC10 Boy, and having to put up with his nuances. As I am VC10's trusted PA - entrusted with his most valuable secrets, etc, am I to become a Mucci? I'm sure you will appreciate that the job is immensely trying when he flirts with BA crew continually, takes lunches with all and sundry - including Smirnoff, and posts his football preferences to everyone.

If I promise to get him to go by Segway next time, can I be a Mucci too?

PS - I promise to let you - and only you - know all the gossip
Old Nov 30, 06, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post

It is also quite exhilierating if slightly but deliciously sordid to have two Muccis fighting over me.
PUCCI - you mean to tell me you are enjoying this?

I thought BAGoldBoy was consigned to the scrap heap, leaving yours truly - a four time Mucci - as your knight in shining armour?

Please, my dearest PUCCI. Put me out of my misery once and for all, for I cannot share you with another FTer - a menage a trois is not my style. If you still have feelings for BAGoldBoy please 'set me free, why don't you babe?' Don't keep me hanging on.

There may still be time for me to apply for a job as sunrisegirl's cuddly toy.
Old Nov 30, 06, 7:17 am
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Smile

Really? Awesome!!! Errr, rather, very much obliged, ma'am.
Old Nov 30, 06, 7:21 am
jhm

Originally Posted by G-BOAC View Post
Now, STN...I have to go there on Monday for a MaxJet jobby. Thankfully it's a short trip so I'll manage on the Tube to Liverpool Street and get the, err, SEX!
Is it easier to get SEX'ed up by taking the Northern and Victoria lines to T'ham Hale ?
Old Nov 30, 06, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post

I thought BAGoldBoy was consigned to the scrap heap, leaving yours truly - a four time Mucci - as your knight in shining armour?

Please, my dearest PUCCI. Put me out of my misery once and for all, for I cannot share you with another FTer - a menage a trois is not my style. If you still have feelings for BAGoldBoy please 'set me free, why don't you babe?' Don't keep me hanging on.

Peaches,

I am lapping this up like my Mother's ruin.

Darling Phil - we lived by the code of "If you can't be with the one you love - love the one you're with".

I think that the words after the one that you quote are:-

"Why don't you be a man about it?

And let me sleep at night"

You said

"Set me free, Little Girl,
Why don't you set me Free, Little Girl?
You know you can do it if you try,
Al you have to do is set me Free, Free."

and I replied.

"Time goes by
So Slowly
i don't know what to do
Every little thing that you say or do
Hung Up - I'm Hung up on you"

I sit and watch as tears go by- I'm just a Puppet on a Chain.

Sundance - you better take care.
Old Nov 30, 06, 7:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post

True to form as ever Phil

I believe you have already tried your scandalous advances to sunrisegirl who had the good sense to spurn you

You just show yourself for the cad and rotter that you are unlike moi who is a true gentleman
Old Nov 30, 06, 7:35 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCRC, TK*G, FB G, HHH D, SPG P.
As a Mucci Extraordinaire, my Rolls Royce collects me and drops me off at the airport

Or sometimes I take the HEx
Old Nov 30, 06, 8:00 am

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
I am no Mucci (is it one of those things you just "know" about, and if you have to ask then don't bother, sort of thing?), but thought a non-London perspective might be interesting...

At AMS, I almost always take the train (five minute bus trip to the station), which is pretty fantastic as it stops right underneath terminal building and saves time and stress compared to driving. When I have lots of bags, I sometimes try to get a lift from family and/or friends, but even then the train is doable as Dutch stations are well developed (i.e. no endless corridors).

When going to London, I usually take the Piccadilly. The price of HEX seems too high, considering the time saved is negligable once one factors in connecting onwards from Paddington. But I will give it a try next month with the BAA points discount. If I am going west (to Bucks), I always get a lift.

At my most common destinations, SEA and JNB, I always get a lift, as public transport is generally a foreign concept to those cities and neither has any public links to the airport to speak of. On two occasions I did hire a towncar in Seattle.
Old Nov 30, 06, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
I am no Mucci (is it one of those things you just "know" about, and if you have to ask then don't bother, sort of thing?)
Mucci is the greatest honour any person can ever hope to have bestowed on them.

It far surpasses any ridiculous piece of plastic (even Premier) issued by an airline, hotel or financial institution.

Suffice it to say, that once one has achieved the divine status of 'Mucci' there is little else left to strive for in life.

BAH
Old Nov 30, 06, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
I'm no Mucci either, but the HEX is only 10 minutes by tube for me so HEX it is.
Old Nov 30, 06, 8:37 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
On yer bike Spottie

I did used to cycle to LGW, but after its "removal", it has not been replaced. The general rules are:
LGW by train from Creepy Crawley, or alternatively the death-defying number 10 bus, but prefer the train. When running late, a taxi from the middle of town.
LHR, mostly by National Express from LGW, but now that the mean machine is back on the road, then it can be by car. Always try to prebook the parking. From central London, the tube usually. HEx only between T1 and 4.
STN, well SEX of course.
LCY by train and tube and DLR
Biggin Hill, drive only.
Battersea Heliport, helicopter only!
Stapleford (Lambourne London International), I would go in by my aircraft, if only I could coordinate better with WHBM.

Happy relaunch everyone, may the servers be with you!
Old Nov 30, 06, 10:19 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe, and Carbon Conscious Travel

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by spotwelder View Post
I did used to cycle to LGW
I did make the bizarre discovery of the LGW cyclepath (don't say that out loud too much) last weekend. Passing straight under the South Terminal, complete with a goods lift (signed 'Lift to Cycle Route') bringing you out at Zone L.

I know AMS and ZRH have cyclepaths through the airport, but I have never seen anything like the LGW one!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: